I would love for Bioware to do something REALLY Bold with the story.

ZionHalcyon

For those who have played the game, the general gist is that amidst the Sith-Republic war, the Emperor who is secluded has his own plans, using a force ritual to become almost god-like and immortal at the expense of billions of lives, hence why he wants to conquer the galaxy, to make himself more powerful and "start over" with him as "God" of the new galaxy.

So here's my question.

Why not shake up the Star Wars universe and let him?

Here's my angle - it could be that he doesn't conquer the whole galaxy, but at some point is compelled to do the ritual ahead of schedule (perhaps due to a combination of Dark Council machinations and Republic victories), and becomes essentially an anchorite - those unfamiliar with the term, it was introduced in the Clone Wars series: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Ones

These were Anchorites so powerful in the force they kept the light and dark sides in check. The point is, there is now prescidence for all powerful force beings, and the Emperor could end up this.

The result is a swath of life in the galaxy is dead with both the Sith Empire and Republic in shambles but still barely functioning, because the ritual did not take hold of the entire galaxy but just a section of it.

Where you go from there is you still have Darth Malgus kicking around (having escaped death several times) and him and the jedi joining forces to declare war on the Emperor, with Malgus still trying to be emperor of his new, more tolerant Sith Empire (those who know the False Emperor flashpoint know what I mean). What ties in is our heroes all join forces to defeat the Emperor once and for all, leaving in the wake something VERY different for a stretch for the Star Wars universe - a tenative peace between Malgus's Sith Empire and the Republic, as alien species go to recolonize their homeworlds.

The fall out from going this direction could be fascinating - you could have comics of Jedi and Sith working together and yet coming at odds because of their very different philosophies, the complex politics of it, etc.

And you have that then lead into a tense peace and cooperation for a time, but we all know Sith just can't stay like that forever - the end game, tying in bits of star wars history, is that the first member of the Lost Twenty, Umbaran Phanius, leaves the Jedi order, studies the sith, and hates the way Malgus's empire watered down the Sith. He does his thing, kills Malgus if he is still around due to life-lengthing force practices (or else kills his successor), and kicks off the new Sith Wars that lead into known history, and end with the battle of Ruusan and the start of Darth Bane's rule of two.

Yeah, I know, creative types tend to like to figure things out themselves, but seriously, when has the "bad guy" ever really got to accomplish his master plan? I think making such a seismic shift to the galaxy and the implications would really shake up the Star Wars universe, and also the idea tickles me of Jedi and Sith running joint exercises under Malgus's empire and being at each other's throats while still trying to accomplish their missions without killing each other. The material in that alone would be priceless in media such as books and comics.

thoughts?

I only skimmed, but I immediatly saw two problems with this idea.

1. Your starting premise(or at least starting paragraph) is flawed in that you say that the Emperor wants to become a god, which has never been shown to be his motivation. His goal is to become immortal and then live out every type of life imaginable such as a farmer and an artist and a simple man and so forth and so on.

2. The Emperor doesn't need to conquer the galaxy to kill of the entire galaxy. While the specifics of the ritual are still vague at the moment, what we do know is that the Emperor just needs to have the entire population of a single world destroyed and the ritual will become unstoppable and the entire galaxy will end up dying as a result. What portion fo the galaxy is under his control, what part of the galaxy is under Republic control, and what part of the galaxy is under neither of their control is irrelevant to how much of the galaxy is killed by the ritual.

Yeah, I know, creative types tend to like to figure things out themselves, but seriously, when has the "bad guy" ever really got to accomplish his master plan?

Palpatine for starters assuming you want a Star Wars example.

Edited by Ranadiel_Marius

I only skimmed, but I immediatly saw two problems with this idea.

1. Your starting premise(or at least starting paragraph) is flawed in that you say that the Emperor wants to become a god, which has never been shown to be his motivation. His goal is to become immortal and then live out every type of life imaginable such as a farmer and an artist and a simple man and so forth and so on.

2. The Emperor doesn't need to conquer the galaxy to kill of the entire galaxy. While the specifics of the ritual are still vague at the moment, what we do know is that the Emperor just needs to have the entire population of a single world destroyed and the ritual will become unstoppable and the entire galaxy will end up dying as a result. What portion fo the galaxy is under his control, what part of the galaxy is under Republic control, and what part of the galaxy is under neither of their control is irrelevant to how much of the galaxy is killed by the ritual.

Palpatine for starters assuming you want a Star Wars example.

Fair enough on the Emperor Palpy.

Your point 2 is easily countered however, as its not about control - its about our "heroes" causing things to be rushed, ergo, an incomplete ritual that only takes out a portion of the galaxy, not all of it.