Big Jedi Consular question

Vasala

My biggest question is why does my Consular never try to shield any of the Children of the Emperor that she defeats? It would seem that logically I should try it at least once to see if that would clear them of the Emperor's influence.

Well I finished the story and don't want to spoil it for you so dont click on this if you dont want to know:

You get to save and pretty much help contain the First son with your powers and his. Since he is a high level Jedi master.

My response to your question though:

The other children I figure embrace their evil full on after finding out so they dont want your help the power is seductive. Though I agree it would have been nice to be able to save them.

Actually I have finished the story and I did not even try to shield Syo though I do get to try to redeem him without the shielding. It has just been bugging me that I never used my special shielding technique on any of the children. It makes me wonder in the back of my mind on whether or not Syo did something to the Councilor while he was still the First Son. We do have plenty of evidence that the Children may not know what they are after all though they are all supposed to have been uncovered when we defeated the First Son.

Sorry it took me a bit to respond again I dont understand it either why our special ability seems to just fall off after saving the masters only. It would seem right to have the option with dealing with the later part of our class quests but guess they figured people would moan about only having the option of being a savior instead of getting to off betrayers and those who embraced the dark side. And to be honest:

Most of the first children I remember facing did vile things right as they turned to their true forms including murdering their once allies and turning their backs completely on their lives of good." So its hard for me to feel like I really have to save them as oppose to the Masters who were still mostly good and we saved them in the nick of time before they could cause trouble. One group was just cursed by their inactions and leaving a fellow jedi behind, others were born with a link to the Emperor and once that was established it seems only Syo has the inner fortitude to contain his other side instead of embracing it and using it to kill off tons of people.

Perhaps in future story lines we will get to see more of the effect learning the technique has on us I truly want to know what I actually sacrificed learning it because it didn't feel like I suffered much just was told how pale I looked a lot.

Sorry it took me a bit to respond again I dont understand it either why our special ability seems to just fall off after saving the masters only.

Well that isn't completely true, you can try and use it on the president of Balmorra in Chapter 2.....

It does nothing but you can use it.

As for the main point of the thread, I'll agree that we should have had an option to use the ritual on at least one Child of the Emperor. Mind you I highly doubt it would have worked except for maybe on Syo because becoming a Child of the Emperor seems to involve a fundamental personality shift rather than the way the madness worked, but we should have been able to see that for ourselves.

I forgot about him but I thought:

While we did not completely cure him the shielding technique did help him remember somethings and he starts to slowly recover?

I do really wish they had spent more time on that technique though, it was such a build up to be a big deal yet we only use it for the early part of our saga then it just seems to be mentioned to say "ahh you using it will have consequences." that have not yet to be seen. I guess we will have to wait till future updates and hope they didnt just forget about that whole aspect of it.

Now that I am working my way through the Jedi Knight story I can say that there are redeemable Children of the Emperor. The Jedi Knight's companion Kira is a Child of the Emperor who manages to fight free of his control. So since it does appear to be a type of mind control it would seem like the shielding power of the Consular might help those effected by it.

Yes but if you noticed:

Like Syo you have to be strong of mind and truly wish to embrace the Jedi way like Kira or its pointless. Both of them had the will to resist who they are and embrace the path of the light. I guess they wanted to showcase that instead of having us use our abilities to help them. Though I do agree with you that it would have been nice to have shielded and potentially saved some of the other children. Especially that one dude whose Jedi friend was pleading with you to save him on Corelia.