Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What happened to SWTOR? Some insight by Jeff Nyman (game tester)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
What happened to SWTOR? Some insight by Jeff Nyman (game tester)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lhancelot
09.14.2019 , 01:18 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by commanderwar View Post
Just to answer this question. Nothing as far as I know she still post of the forums sometimes, her last post was about three weeks ago.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...9&postcount=14
Even Yill's eternal optimism seems to have been dashed in the past 6 months. Yill was one of the most optimistic posters we had for a long time and now you hardly see Yill on the forums.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
I've lost more SWTOR friends to excessive grind than to any other factor! Too many game companies think more grind = more player engagement = more player satisfaction - it doesn't. RNG is lazy, RNG is cheap, RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.

ZionHalcyon
09.16.2019 , 07:38 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Even Yill's eternal optimism seems to have been dashed in the past 6 months. Yill was one of the most optimistic posters we had for a long time and now you hardly see Yill on the forums.
Or maybe just taking a break waiting for the new content?

Lhancelot
09.16.2019 , 06:16 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by ZionHalcyon View Post
Or maybe just taking a break waiting for the new content?
Well. View older posts by Yill and compare them to the recent ones. The tone sounds a lot less exuberant in the newer ones.

Stop trying to be objective and ruining my sad musings Zion, just go along with them sheesh.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
I've lost more SWTOR friends to excessive grind than to any other factor! Too many game companies think more grind = more player engagement = more player satisfaction - it doesn't. RNG is lazy, RNG is cheap, RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.

Rion_Starkiller
Yesterday , 11:11 AM | #74
Since I read the Kotaku article about an ex-BW employee -- and because I work in Operations for a large, multi-national corporation -- I have drawn some conclusions/assumptions about the inner workings of EA and BW, which led me to be critical of Nyman's blog.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

ZionHalcyon
Yesterday , 11:34 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Since I read the Kotaku article about an ex-BW employee -- and because I work in Operations for a large, multi-national corporation -- I have drawn some conclusions/assumptions about the inner workings of EA and BW, which led me to be critical of Nyman's blog.
The Kotaku article did have the feel though of trying to go after BioWare. Jeff's blog really has a lot about a lot going on it and the BioWare section was very matter-of-fact without any sort of the hand-wringing or blame game or pointing fingers.

Between the two, Jeff's blog just feels more objective.

ZionHalcyon
Yesterday , 11:35 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Well. View older posts by Yill and compare them to the recent ones. The tone sounds a lot less exuberant in the newer ones.

Stop trying to be objective and ruining my sad musings Zion, just go along with them sheesh.
Well God bless ya for being honest lol!