Where do Sith "Purebloods" stand in the Empire?

Adiari

I am mainly looking for clarification here from the book Revan you it tells you that “Purebloods” are rated above normal Sith in a way that they are nobility. I had assumed this was still the case as not much can happen in 300 years on an Empire wide scale, right?

Yet I have a friend that tells me otherwise that “Purebloods” are just considered the same as any other Sith regardless of species.

Your friend is wrong, Purebloods are considered "better" than everyone else by default. The Sith Inquisitor quest on Korriban showcases this with Ffon Althe, and the Jedi Knight codex entry for Executor Krannus (A rare non-Force sensetive Pureblood) explicitly states that he has better career prospects than any Human in the Imperial Military.

However, the Sith Empire (And the Sith Order) value strength above all else, so it provides equal opportunity for a non-Pureblood to prove themselves equal or better than a Pureblood.

Edited by HellbirdIV

Thank you, that is what I had assumed, though anyone else should feel welcome to put in their voice with more sources to support that ‘Purebloods’ are considered superior to all the other species.

Your friend is wrong, Purebloods are considered "better" than everyone else by default. The Sith Inquisitor quest on Korriban showcases this with Ffon Althe, and the Jedi Knight codex entry for Executor Krannus (A rare non-Force sensetive Pureblood) explicitly states that he has better career prospects than any Human in the Imperial Military.

However, the Sith Empire (And the Sith Order) value strength above all else, so it provides equal opportunity for a non-Pureblood to prove themselves equal or better than a Pureblood.

But 11/12 of the Dark Council in the game are human, only Vowrawn is pureblood.

Edited by Slowpokeking

But 11/12 of the Dark Council in the game are human, only Vowrawn is pureblood.

Well if you are going for the top of the top, the Emperor is Pureblooded XD.

I also think some of the Council are listed as Humanoid rather than Humans? Darth Marr for example has not been specified.

Edited by Adiari

I dunno. I could get behind the idea of Darth Marr being a Pureblood along with the others that have not been specified.

On a related note to my original question, is it mentioned anywhere what species makes the bulk of the Empire? I understand that 98% of the Empire has Sith (Species) DNA in them somewhere, but I’m assuming that a majority of the Empire is mostly humans with a small amount of Sith DNA in them?

I dunno. I could get behind the idea of Darth Marr being a Pureblood along with the others that have not been specified.

On a related note to my original question, is it mentioned anywhere what species makes the bulk of the Empire? I understand that 98% of the Empire has Sith (Species) DNA in them somewhere, but I’m assuming that a majority of the Empire is mostly humans with a small amount of Sith DNA in them?

I hope we never see Darth Marr's face or know his species, he is a Bad*** I don't want his mystery ruined.

I hope we never see Darth Marr's face or know his species, he is a Bad*** I don't want his mystery ruined.

Well, given he has been seated on the council awhile, he is either Human or Pureblood. Sadly =p

Well, given he has been seated on the council awhile, he is either Human or Pureblood. Sadly =p

I like to think he is some other mysterious or rare species. I remember when the Blood of the Empire web comic was released everyone was speculating he was a Miraluka and a relative of Visas Marr. I agree though it is very likely that he is human or pureblood, more likely human.

Edited by Tuscad

I think the intent of the writers is that both attitudes exist within the Empire. For example there is one quest on Korriban where you judge the blood purity of the instructors to see how "Sith" they are. The NPC expresses disappointment when he discovers how little "Sith" is in their blood.

On the other hand you have NPCs like Zash who has no problem taking an alien apprentice over a pureblood and Baras who at least acts like he would have no problem training your rival despite his lack of lineage.

So I believe the traditional view is that purebloods rank above all other SIth, but there is a fairly recent movement or cultural shift to only care about the power of the individual SIth rather than his heritage. The traditional view is probably still the majority view, but it will likely be overtaken as more and more new Sith are needed for the war.

They are considered higher class, to be the 'pure sith' 98% of the Imperial population (According to HK-47 :p) have Pureblood descendency. However obviously a lot of it has been bred out.

Correction: 97% efficient genocide!

wait do we actually know who 11/12 of the dark council are? are we talking about ones that are dead now or do we really know all the council members.

darth marr darth mortis darth ravage. human

darth vowran pureblood.

sith warrior emperors wrath either pureblood or human

sith inquisitor could be alien and probably is.

i have no idea who the other dark council members are jadus is off bansheeed or dead.

thanton baras decimus hadra ( i think it was hadra that died on coriella or was it some one else?) are all dead

also to be more on topic purebloods are considered better by default but in practice others are mostly to rise to the top show casing that like many other things the majority of the empire have faulty beliefs which they aren;t going to change no matter how many times its been proved they are wrong.

wait do we actually know who 11/12 of the dark council are? are we talking about ones that are dead now or do we really know all the council members.

darth vowran pureblood.

i have no idea who the other dark council members are jadus is off bansheeed or dead.

thanton baras decimus hadra ( i think it was hadra that died on coriella or was it some one else?) are all dead

also to be more on topic purebloods are considered better by default but in practice others are mostly to rise to the top show casing that like many other things the majority of the empire have faulty beliefs which they aren;t going to change no matter how many times its been proved they are wrong.

The Sith Warrior is not a member of the Council. Speaking generally though, I don't believe we know more than mayber half of the current council. I'm honestly not even sure we know the full Council that is in place at the start of th game(probably know at least ten of them though).

darth vowran pureblood.

Darth Vowrawn Pureblood

Darth Thanaton human

Darth Vegen/Baras human

Darth Decimus human

Darth Hadra human

Darth Jadus/Zhorrid human

Darth Marr Unknown

Darth Mortis Human

Darth Ravage Human

Darth Acharon Human

Darth Arho Human

Darth Arctis Unknown

So the majority of them(9/12) before the battle of Corellia are human for sure. Arctis and Marr could be human.

The only council member that we are not sure, before the fall of Baras and the defeat at Corellia, was Thanaton's superior.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Pureblood, I assume, must have been a minority in the old Sith empires. I also think, there fame is based mostly on the fact, that they are the original inhabitants of Korriban. But they were a bit self-centered, and there would not have been any Sith Empire without the arrival of the Dark Jedi.

Pureblood, I assume, must have been a minority in the old Sith empires. I also think, there fame is based mostly on the fact, that they are the original inhabitants of Korriban. But they were a bit self-centered, and there would not have been any Sith Empire without the arrival of the Dark Jedi.

The original Sith Empire at the time of the Great Sith War was mostly "Pureblood" Sith (as seen in the Tales of the Jedi comics) but since the new Sith Empire consisted of a small number of Sith Lords and a large number of slaves at first (with most of the Sith military forces wiped out during the Great Sith War and most surviving Massassi warriors being taken to Yavin IV by Naga Sadow) it's only natural that the majority of citizens in the modern Empire are humans with Sith ancestry as their Sith genes are slowly bred out.