New to class - Need an advice.

chaosmadness

Hi Agents,

After completed the class quests and equip full WH gear in Marauder, Mercenary and Sorcerer, i gonna level up an Agent, the last one :D

As a pvp player, i gonna lv up doing warzones and class quest, which Advanced Class you advice ppl ? Which its more easy and fun to play in pvp ?

I watch some operative gameplay, and seems more difficult to play than sniper..

Tks for the help Agents ;)

Sniper is great to play in PvP IF you know how to play it. The key is to remain in cover as long as possible and make use of your cooldowns as often as possible. Basically if you get knocked out of cover and stunned (with your cc breaker on cd), you have about 5-10 seconds left before you die. It is, by far, the greatest single targt DPS'er though and has the longest range in-game (35m for almost half your abilities) so it is a great support role.

Operative is also fun to play and gives you the option to be a healer as well as DPS. Their heals rival that of a sorceror and are generally better than a BH because they are mostly instant with no cast. I picked a sniper and have become the go-to-guy for my guild when anything calls for a ranged DPS.

My advice: Go sniper if you want to live on the edge. They have amazing DPS but tend to be a bit squishy against melee. Or go OP if you'd rather play it a little safer and still be in demand.

Hi Agents,

After completed the class quests and equip full WH gear in Marauder, Mercenary and Sorcerer, i gonna level up an Agent, the last one :D

As a pvp player, i gonna lv up doing warzones and class quest, which Advanced Class you advice ppl ? Which its more easy and fun to play in pvp ?

I watch some operative gameplay, and seems more difficult to play than sniper..

Tks for the help Agents ;)

Basically,

Sniper - DMG only AC, but he's great at it

Operative - He's great at healing, DMG is very supportive and subpar (although you can find lots of people claiming that they do great and kill anyone 1x1), but mostly generally said Healing only is really viable, to some degree Concealment

So you have to choose. Healing x DMG.

Operative gives you more freedom though, as you can respec during WZ between DMG (concealment) and Medic (healing) so you can choose your role in group according to grp needs.

From my experience as a sniper, 1v1 vs a Powertech/Vanguard is the easiest as long as you can keep him away from melee range long enough to get enough good hits to give you a head start. Always entrench as the prevents them from grappling you and AOE attacks are 60% reduced if you specced this. I won't go into details but a sniper has a counter to almost any attack that this class tries on you. I usually win 1v1 in this scenario. The only time I ever lose is one catches me off guard without my entrench in place and even then I can win if my opponent is not better than average.

The toughest 1v1 is a concealment operative / scoundrel. The reason being is they will stealth and wait for your entrench to drop before appearing and keeping you CC'd while he drops your *** to below half health before you can even get back on your feet. We are squishy when not in cover so this 1v1 fight is not in our favor.

I hope this info helps.

Mobility for snipers is where we suck. Where we excel for burst DPS at long range, we trade that off for limited mobility. The way to offset that is to try and choose a cover spot that is out in the open where the least amount of obstacles where people can LOS you. This reduces the chance of you needing to leave cover and move to a new location so you can pew pew again. Try not to setup cover in places near pillars or walls as any smart opponent will fight you with their backs towards making your knock backs ineffective.

The cover mechanism does take some getting used to. I disliked it at first but once I gave it a chance, I discovered it is great if you have some patience. Once in cover, your quickbar toggles to a new one where you need to ensure all your abilities that can only be used while in cover are setup (snipe, ambush, series of shots, etc). Some people love it, some hate it. If you level your sniper through your story line, you will learn how to use your cover at a nice pace killing npc's. Learning how to use it while pvping is sometimes frustrating and can be discouraging if you haven't gotten enough time to learn it through PVE. I hope this helps.

Mobility is only really an issue using MM spec....however if you are serious about PvP you should be going lethality. Half of the disadvantages you read in this forum can be solved by going lethality. Most of your rotation can be used outside of cover.

For 1v1, I find a really easy class to melt is marauders if you are going to use MM. Most maras aren't very smart and will jump to you immediately before you get into cover. At that point you can just knock them back and root them in place. With your high burst damage and their medium armor, you will face rape. If they do CC breaker out of the pushback root, they won't have a jump off cooldown, and you can just leg shot.

Hardest 1v1 fight for an MM I would say is a deception Assassin. Your hardest hitting attack can easily be interrupted by their plethora of stuns and your lack of dots means they can just vanish if in danger.

I forgot to mention before, I chose Operative.

Tks all for the tips.;)

I have to warn you, Operatives are a bit weak right now. And be VERY careful with Stealth around bosses, as they can see through it from (in some cases) nearly double the distance than going uncloaked.

That said, I hope you enjoy Stealthing around, going all stab-happy. Trust me, it's fun.

I have to warn you, Operatives are a bit weak right now. And be VERY careful with Stealth around bosses, as they can see through it from (in some cases) nearly double the distance than going uncloaked.

That said, I hope you enjoy Stealthing around, going all stab-happy. Trust me, it's fun.

Well, if all choose only the strongest classes, everyone would play only with PT's, Mara's and Assass's in warzones :D

Atm, the most fun part in warzones its ninja cap the objectives, true. But i need practice more my combat skills, i die a lot :D

Sooner or late you will reroll a sniper. It's only a question of time.

I think both classes are fun :p

ya you will make a sniper

it will probably become your main no matter what you have done with older toons

and then, after it becomes your main, you will reroll another one to farm warzone medpacs and adrenals for all your other toons