SW needs to stop bringing the Dead back to Life

Reeny

Palpatine... DEAD, leave it at that.

Why the heck is he coming back yet again ala Emperor/VItiate/Valkorian whatever

How many freaking times must we kill this loser?

Hint: It gets old after the first time.

Malgus.

Killed his sorry but , threw him down a well and he should remain lifeless...

But noooo... need to bring him back yet again.

Who's next?

Vader? Luke? Acina? Baras?

Stop bringing back Dead characters to Life.

DEAD and stay Dead pls.

Dont understand this SW universe fascination with bringing back dead people.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Palpatine... DEAD, leave it at that.

Why the heck is he coming back yet again ala Emperor/VItiate/Valkorian whatever

How many freaking times must we kill this loser?

Hint: It gets old after the first time.

Valkorian hasn't died & come back. He's been defeated, but the vanilla storyline establishes that he wasn't dead after the Knight defeated him, and that Valkorian's original body held the true source of his power/immortality.

Malgus.

Killed his sorry but , threw him down a well and he should remain lifeless...

But noooo... need to bring him back yet again.

Except there was no clear indication that Malgus died in False Emperor. If anything the fact that they had him fall over the ledge means they were playing it safe & giving themselves and out instead of reverting a decision.

Dont understand this SW universe fascination with bringing back dead people.

Don't understand your fascination/desire/need to keep making hateful/pointless topics, yet here you are still doing it.

Edited by Darth-Obvious

It is fanfic and bad writing like this that caused all these sort of "never really dying" problems in the SW universe.

Darth Maul...body cut in half and thrown down a shaft into space but still able to come back to life due to some fanfic.

Palpatine with thousands of bodies stored around and able to possess those bodies...yet more terrible fanfic and writing.

Malgus... defeated and thrown down whatever...still not dead.

C;mon now...

Anyone with a neutral reasonable mind would be able to surmise that those people would be dead.

BUT no, not for SW fanfic and terrible writing.

So ridiculous to keep coming up with plots like these to justify characters staying alive.

Might as well say Han Solo isnt dead and Leia didnt die as well, it was all a dream and a Force projection

After all, we really didnt see them die.

They will all have a happy reunion with their son gothboy in Tattoine.

SW really needs better writers, not some fanfic.

Valkorian hasn't died & come back. He's been defeated, but the vanilla storyline establishes that he wasn't dead after the Knight defeated him, and that Valkorian's original body held the true source of his power/immortality.

Except there was no clear indication that Malgus died in False Emperor. If anything the fact that they had him fall over the ledge means they were playing it safe & giving themselves and out instead of reverting a decision.

Don't understand your fascination/desire/need to keep making hateful/pointless topics, yet here you are still doing it.

It is fanfic and bad writing like this that caused all these sort of "never really dying" problems in the SW universe.

No, it's the continuation of long-running stories that causes it. Any long-form medium, comics, games, TV, etc, runs into these things when they've gone on any significant length of time.

It's not because of fan-fics or whatever BS you've convinced yourself of. Stop making up things to try and validate yourself.

And maybe don't keep creating topics just because a thought about Star Wars happened to pop into your head...

https://i.imgur.com/ZgepCa7.png

Yes please leave Valkorian or whatever it wants to call himself banished. There way more interesting dead Sith Lords from Tale of The Jedi series than Emperor/Nihilus Clone Wannabe with motivational goal inconsistencies.... and keep his dumb adopted family dead too. If you have to explore one of them use Senya that one character that was needlessly abandoned in the trash compactor in favour of Arcann...

Don't remember Palpatine having body storage facilities.

He had a couple of Deathstars that I know of.

Guess he could of stored them there but not sure I heard of them.

*shrug*

He's mixing non-canon (Legends) content/material in with the current canon.

Then again this is the same guy who just recently made a topic about the "Return" trailer asking who the Sith was that killed Satele's master. The Sith who FYI was wearing Malgus's armor, has Malgus's voice, & is called Malgus by his master in the trailer, but it's anybody's guess who that person possibly could have been :p

No, it's the continuation of long-running stories that causes it. Any long-form medium, comics, games, TV, etc, runs into these things when they've gone on any significant length of time.

It's not because of fan-fics or whatever BS you've convinced yourself of. Stop making up things to try and validate yourself.

And maybe don't keep creating topics just because a thought about Star Wars happened to pop into your head...

https://i.imgur.com/ZgepCa7.png

Edit: Please don't gate keep

Edited by DarkEcIipse

Yes please leave Valkorian or whatever it wants to call himself banished. There way more interesting dead Sith Lords from Tale of The Jedi series than Emperor/Nihilus Clone Wannabe with motivational goal inconsistencies.... and keep his dumb adopted family dead too. If you have to explore one of them use Senya that one character that was needlessly abandoned in the trash compactor in favour of Arcann...

I agree that/hope that Valkorian is done with. After having such a lengthy storyline with him in KOTFE/KOTET it wasn't exactly exciting to hear that the next bit of story teased at the end of Onslaught with Kira & Scourge is a result of Valkorian.

With Ossus & Onslaught it seemed like they were trying to distance themselves from KOTFE/KOTET & trying to get back to the faction storylines, rebuilding things that the war had left in ruins, etc, but that tease was a very "ugh" sort of moment. Hopefully it's only a self-contained single mission like a Flashpoint.

Oh look Mr. Obvious. You know what is also obvious... you badly attempting to gate keep what topics are posted. Quit the trying to act like you're the big bad moderator. Cheers.

I'm not trying to gatekeep, only pointing out the ridiculousness of what it is he's doing. He's getting himself worked up about something that's not true/accurate & then wanting others to validate his views, but he's his own worst enemy either making things up or showing himself to be a hypocrite, which you yourself are also guilty of being. Go figure.

Edited by Darth-Obvious

I agree that/hope that Valkorian is done with. After having such a lengthy storyline with him in KOTFE/KOTET it wasn't exactly exciting to hear that the next bit of story teased at the end of Onslaught with Kira & Scourge is a result of Valkorian.

With Ossus & Onslaught it seemed like they were trying to distance themselves from KOTFE/KOTET & trying to get back to the faction storylines, rebuilding things that the war had left in ruins, etc, but that tease was a very "ugh" sort of moment. Hopefully it's only a self-contained single mission like a Flashpoint.

This feels odd being able to agree with you. :eek:

I'm not trying to gatekeep, only pointing out the ridiculousness of what it is he's doing. He's getting himself worked up about something that's not true/accurate & then wanting others to validate his views, but he's his own worst enemy either making things up or showing himself to be a hypocrite, which you yourself are also guilty of being. Go figure.

Yeah sure.... look up the definition of gate keeping and then read what you wrote and get back to me...

"Making things up"

Funny that you're literally describing what you still do. You sway onto threads and decide what can be done and what can't. "Hypocrite" Do you even know what that word means? I see your ego tripping days are not behind you.

Defeat doesnt always mean death. Unless you see them dead and bleeding at your feet and they AREN'T a force user with tricks than they are defeated, not nescessarily dead.

Been that way in SW since forever, people just can't see the difference between defeat and perma death.

I'm sure plenty of enemies thought the same about our toons too.

As for the Emp no matter what name he has I don't think he can truly die, especially not in this era - we are years away from Palp defeat.

Defeat doesnt always mean death. Unless you see them dead and bleeding at your feet and they AREN'T a force user with tricks than they are defeated, not nescessarily dead.

Been that way in SW since forever, people just can't see the difference between defeat and perma death.

As for the Emp no matter what name he has I don't think he can truly die, especially not in this era - we are years away from Palp defeat.

Yeah we can thank George Lucas for In bringing back Darth Maul he made it official, lol and possibly Imhotep's catchphrase, "Death is only the beginning". But Sidious should remain dead... you know because of the chosen one... Disney bad..

Then again I think Boba Fett survived so... maybe I am guilty.

Strangely enough I do agree with this … somewhat !!

Hang on a sec before you fry the Ol Buzzard ( side note here... that don't even smell good either … just kind of FYI .. :D )

The whole meeting with Kira and Scourge story is a bit on the weak side ... but OK I guess. Being essentially comatose for that time was as good an explanation as any. ALLLL of that aside I wouldn't be surprised if Malgus isn't tied in with this whole Tenebrae / dark side twisted evil back to life thing one way or another.

This is essentially the same thing that SW The Rise of Skywalker has done.

Frankly Disney all but screwed up the entire saga with the last movie ( my personal opinion is that it was one of the worst on record) . Bringing back Palpatine and the rest of the old original saga is an attempt to salvage the series.. again … just my opinion.

Hopefully they will get it right and Palpatine will die for good this time !

Hopefully the story of Tenebrae will end once and for all … and yes I agree. One story (perhaps two part story at the most ) … and the last of the "immortal emperor" is done !!

Additional note: for me personally I liked KotFE / ET for the most part. But it was long over due to say good bye to the emperor and his quest.

Second additional note: the idea of the "Force Awakens" … and the last of the Jedi were not bad ideas... just poorly told stories. Things change. The Star Wars saga in order for it to continue would need to change. That is inevitable .. but it seems to me that Disney had (has) more of an agenda of some sort to prove that the franchise was theirs. And for some reason that seemed to overshadow the rest.

Final additional note: yes I plan on seeing the next movie. I'm hoping that they got the ending done … and that they got it right !

Yeah we can thank George Lucas for In bringing back Darth Maul he made it official, lol and possibly Imhotep's catchphrase, "Death is only the beginning". But Sidious should remain dead... you know because of the chosen one... Disney bad..

Then again I think Boba Fett survived so... maybe I am guilty.

The EU books were also considered cannon, it wasn't the first time it happened. Force ghosts use people a lot in the books, take them over etc.

Hmmm....

I guess with the "force" being what it is suppose to be that there might be some degree of "truth" in that view ..(definitely according to SW legends …. etc)

Sooo Let me update my position just a tad !!

This time for Tenebrae … it needs to stick.. The expression on his face … the utter shock that it is actually happening … he buys the farm and becomes worm food !! Or … maybe turns into pixie dust ( or something cosmic if that fits better )

Dead ! done !

Oh … just to clarify... if this response comes across as something negative to your reply... I'll apologize in advance.

Yes... you are right !

( but I would still prefer the eternal emperor to not be so eternal … but rather dead !)

1: You complaining about complaining = you hypocrite.

2: Really, what is it that I'm making up?

3: No, more often than not I explain why something is the way it is. For example if I say something like "they're limited by the amount of SAG actors they can work with." that's just how the industry works, and has for years now. That's not something Bioware can change.

4: Says the hypocrite with an ego trying to prove something.

1: I am not complaining that you're complaining.... I am saying don't gate keep. You're gate keeping by telling him he shouldn't post those topics because you find them stupid. ="LIAR!"

2: Do you really need to ask that?

3: Ah there here is. You know you should have went with the name "Darth KnowItAll".

4: I don't need to prove something that you already did. I am sure whoever you were arguing/gatekeeping will deal with it themselves that is if they haven't ignored you already.

The whole meeting with Kira and Scourge story is a bit on the weak side ... but OK I guess. Being essentially comatose for that time was as good an explanation as any. ALLLL of that aside I wouldn't be surprised if Malgus isn't tied in with this whole Tenebrae / dark side twisted evil back to life thing one way or another.

If it's a FP I feel like the enemy/boss is going just be some giant ball of force corruption. I think it'll be a "spooky ship" situation that's filled with enemy terrors. Monsters/People that were created as a result of the dark energy that resulted in Tenebrae's body being destroyed. Think Doom, Event Horizon, Resident Evil, etc, but with enemies born/created out of the energy that spread from Tenebrae's body.

Additional note: for me personally I liked KotFE / ET for the most part. But it was long over due to say good bye to the emperor and his quest.

It's cool that they tried something different with KOTFE & tried to make it this thing that was more epic than the previous expansions, however playing through it across multiple characters can be a real slog.

For all the complaints people had/have about Rise of The Hut Cartel or Onslaught being short I feel like that sort of thing works in SWTOR's favor when you're playing through the game/story with multiple characters, especially if you're playing through everything again on a new character. 2.0, 3.0, & 6.0 are more their own separate stories that feel like chapters. KOTFE & KOTET are two expansions that are one singular story that's the same for every class. If you're somebody that didn't like KOTFE/KOTET it's always a huge commitment going back through those expansions, more so than any prior expansion or Onslaught.