Sorc dps is useless

BraverDre

Why bioware are still exist with this behavior?!!!! This is online game but the reason why ppl are leaving is because bioware and Ben Irving with his 0iq ideas ruined the game good job bioware. No point to waste time to even playy cuz at the end u get nothing out of it.

I see you reply everywhere about how useless sorc is, maybe get better at it?

while you won't be top dps in most cases, sorc is 100% viable for any boss, in both lightning and madness

^ sorc is capable of clearing ever fight in this game. This doesn’t mean it can’t use some love come 6.0 though.

I see you reply everywhere about how useless sorc is, maybe get better at it?

while you won't be top dps in most cases, sorc is 100% viable for any boss, in both lightning and madness

I am good enough at it. Answer the question why people do dp df timeruns without sorc dps no problem and as soon as someone want to do those on sorc dps they use crystals hah? Sorc dps is an easy class to play but it is useless as ur comments here

Edited by BraverDre

Good to have you back BraverDre, the forums just weren't the same without your weekly sorc dps is useless/operatives too stronk please nerf threads.

Fanks fanks. No more swtor dead edition for me in 15 days cuz so many people are leaving that there is no reason to be a sub.so enjoy while u can <3

Edited by BraverDre

I am good enough at it. Answer the question why people do dp df timeruns without sorc dps no problem and as soon as someone want to do those on sorc dps they use crystals hah? Sorc dps is an easy class to play but it is useless as ur comments here

last week I did SnV timed and DF timed on lightning and noone used crystals, but if you think you are good enough and need crystals, i think 1 of the two statements is wrong. ;)

Edited by Folcwar

last week I did SnV timed and DF timed on lightning and noone used crystals, but if you think you are good enough and need crystals, i think 1 of the two statements is wrong. ;)

Well I am glad that at least there are some people who play sorcs and do timetuns ofc if u are not lying

Agree, Sorc seems weaker than other DDs. Not much tho...

No Joke,

Sorc and Sage need a buff more than America needs a new president

I like how USA occupied even a name of TWO mainlands...

Edited by SilverWF

• 4 weeks later...
fine i'm all for this when they neuter your mobility and take away your god bubble. lighting soc can be a beast if you actually know how to play it. You have decent dps and mobility use it you don't need a buff to DPS. But if you insist then your mobility and survival needs to get reduced. Oh i get it you want to be uber gods like mercs with 14 lives but we have enough unbalanced classes we don't need to add to them Edited by Kazz_Devlin

I mean, madness sorc can do 200k damage on the raptus raid challenge and it can probably kill the calphy orb with an appropriate burst spec (and healer contributing max dmg). Madness is honestly one of my favorite specs in DP as a whole.

Both specs can frontload damage for fights like Brontes and Operator IX where there are shields that get in the way of dps.

Shock is a great filler for when you have to interrupt casts and move - 1-2k more dmg than rapid shots for merc or rifle shot for sniper.

Phase walk is amazing for squeezing out maximum uptime and is one of the most underused tricks in the sorc arsenal.

I would also argue that sorcs are the best ranged raptus kiters. Force speed lines up with the raptus cleave perfectly, and you can get creative to maintain dps on the run. Plus, you can use your static barrier as a filler and get an extra 7k hit out of the deal each time.

Sorc REALLY shines on fights with two targets. It has perhaps the best double dotting of any spec (and lightning's affliction refresh is no joke - that's an extra 400-500 dps at least).

I also use sorc pull generously - mostly to drag people where they need to be on fights like Tyrans, Calphy, TFB, etc.

Lightning can cheese a ton of mechanics - there are points where you can have nearly 90 percent damage reduction for several seconds.

Honestly, after being involved in the nightmare raid community for 4 of the last 6 months, I can say with confidence that sorc is an amazing class in pve as long as it doesn't have to carry the DPS by itself.

Edited by Hoppinswtor

Haven't posted on the forums in a while but Hoppin is 100% correct here. Sorcs are like the jack of all trades for most fights. They don't particular excel in one aspect (save maybe mobility) but you can use all their tools to really get the most out of the class. I think one thing overlooked on sorcs is their survivability. So many fights I'll have the lowest DTPS and the highest HPS, besides the healers, making me pretty much self sufficient. If the healers don't have to worry about you then that means they can push a little more DPS in fights. It all adds up in the end.

i think we have to differentiate the discussion.

as it was said before, the crew looks at the overall parses of pvp and pve.

so they notice the top players and the newbies, as well. and you are totally

right, that a dps sorc in the right hand, is a real weapon and an enrichment

for every operation group. this is for pve and pvp, also by the reasons you

already told. so no need to repeat them.

but the majority is really underperforming with the sorc. that is the problem.

and with some little inner changes, you can undo this.

let us take titan 6 in hm as example. if you are a good player with BiS gear,

you are running about 10k dps in that fight. with some tricks, you can push

this up even higher. but the majority won't reach the half, even with the same

gear.

of course you can say, that this is a "learn to play" issue and of course you

are right with that. but on the other hand there is something not right with

the class, if the majority is so underperforming, no matter how good players

can react to different changes and still perform well enough.

and this will also cause some more problems to the last dps sorcs,

because the reputation of every sorcs impairs. so even if you are a

good dps sorc, many raid leads would prefer you to play a different class.

i heared that in so many PUG, that dps and especially lightning sorcs are useless

and why i'm still playing it. and nobody cared about, that i mostly was the top dps

and random tanks had their trouble in keeping the boss, with aggro reduce on cd.

but i always had to declare oneself.

tl,dr:

if the majority is doing it wrong, there is a problem with the class,

no matter the 1% of the better players.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd prefer classes that can actually pull their weight in a fight. Mercenaries/Commandos seem to be the most powerful, but Fury/Concentration Marauders/Sentinels seem to be very nasty lately. Sorcerer/Sage damage seems to be outpaced by the majority of classes. It should receive some sort of buff in the next big update.

I'd prefer classes that can actually pull their weight in a fight. Mercenaries/Commandos seem to be the most powerful, but Fury/Concentration Marauders/Sentinels seem to be very nasty lately. Sorcerer/Sage damage seems to be outpaced by the majority of classes. It should receive some sort of buff in the next big update.

Fury is strong in PvP, but it's not quite as good as Anni or Carnage in NiM ops. And in pvp it's less about its damage and more about its cc immunity and flexibility.

Edited by Hoppinswtor