SWTOR Hard Mode / Nightmare Mode Video Boss Fight Guides

I DID IT!

I DID IT!

I DID IT!

I DID IT!

I DID IT!

operator and kephes downed in the same day (on my alt) with another pug group hehe

we failed hard on TFB had a marauder that was only applying one dot and a PT tank that kept losing aggro on ******** phase. we did get to phase 2 but died to those irregularitys.

we had to end it there the 220 tokens timer was running out.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I DID IT!

I DID IT!

I DID IT!

I DID IT!

I DID IT!

operator and kephes downed in the same day (on my alt) with another pug group hehe

we failed hard on TFB had a marauder that was only applying one dot and a PT tank that kept losing aggro on ******** phase. we did get to phase 2 but died to those irregularitys.

we had to end it there the 220 tokens timer was running out.

Grats mate! Tell those other players to check out the guides here if they're having trouble. I'm working on the Kephess one as i'm typing this (Adobe rendering takes forever :p )

I have watched most of your guides and I feel you have done the community a service with them.

I've always felt the value of Dulfy's guides were the mechanic breakdowns, rather than the videos. You do a nice job of focusing on the mechanics enough to drive their importance. I think anyone running a HM Operation for the first time would be far more prepared from one of your videos than anything else I've seen to date. Kudos.

With that said, I have a suggestion/request/observation regarding your Op9 video. You clearly stated there are possible variants on how to deploy your group re: colors. I thought an area you could have spent a bit more time on was the pros(/cons) of your particular setup and others.

I think it might have been useful to explain the impact of differing setups, i.e. X is easier to heal, Y is easier to control etc. I was just hoping for your NM version you put an extra 30 sec or so on the nuances of differing setups, and perhaps include others as there are easier ways to set this up for NM that transpose down to HM just fine.

Lastly out of curiosity: When suggesting a HM strat, when you have options in front of you, do you opt for the one that seems easiest or the one that most closely aligns with eventual NM strat? I've wondered that a couple times watching your vids but it crossed my mind a couple times on this one.

Again, I cannot say enough positive things about these videos. They are fantastic.

I have watched most of your guides and I feel you have done the community a service with them.

I've always felt the value of Dulfy's guides were the mechanic breakdowns, rather than the videos. You do a nice job of focusing on the mechanics enough to drive their importance. I think anyone running a HM Operation for the first time would be far more prepared from one of your videos than anything else I've seen to date. Kudos.

With that said, I have a suggestion/request/observation regarding your Op9 video. You clearly stated there are possible variants on how to deploy your group re: colors. I thought an area you could have spent a bit more time on was the pros(/cons) of your particular setup and others.

I think it might have been useful to explain the impact of differing setups, i.e. X is easier to heal, Y is easier to control etc. I was just hoping for your NM version you put an extra 30 sec or so on the nuances of differing setups, and perhaps include others as there are easier ways to set this up for NM that transpose down to HM just fine.

Lastly out of curiosity: When suggesting a HM strat, when you have options in front of you, do you opt for the one that seems easiest or the one that most closely aligns with eventual NM strat? I've wondered that a couple times watching your vids but it crossed my mind a couple times on this one.

Again, I cannot say enough positive things about these videos. They are fantastic.

Hey there mate. With the group composition strategy for Op 9 I wanted to give people something they could copy and have a high chance of success with without overwhelming them with having to choose between options so to speak, this was the idea at the time of production. In hindsight you're absolutely right. With that said i'll try and find some tangible way of working this into the NiM explanation.

As it relates to the strategies what our intended objective has been is to provide strategies concurrent with any group composition. Any composition limitations or advantages are made note of along side these strategies. The strategies we suggest, unless incapable of being done, will include it's NiM counterpart inside the HM guide. For example the Firebrand & Stormcaller HM guide included the eventual NiM strategy. For Op 9 however this was not done since it would have taken an explanation of the NiM differences to explain to the viewer the reasoning behind the setup (needing DPS to split) since in HM this consideration does not exist as a mechanic. This is something I've stayed away from, that being explaining higher difficulty concepts in lower difficulty based information. From experience I felt it was better to provide a strategy that a HM progressive player/team would be able to execute that would also help to solely capitalize on the HM mechanics while keeping "moving parts" to a minimum.

Hopefully all of that made sense :p I may have rambled a bit. Again, thank you for your support and feedback. Hopefully we can get this post sticky'd at some point or maybe showcased on the next producer live stream *wink* *wink* :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hey all! The next guide (Terror From Beyond HM) is taking a bit longer than anticipated. There are a few things we're testing that are taking longer than originally planned. We're hoping to have the guide completed and released this weekend. Thank you for your patience and support as we work to bring you the best possible guides available!

• 2 weeks later...
Just a note to say these videos are a great service to the community. I watched the NiM EC tanks guide a few weeks ago (we downed them last week – yay!), and watched some of the other guides, even though I know the fights – they’re kinda fun to watch anyway, and you never know, might find a trick or two even after all this time. I also run an open sign-up raid for our guild that is meant, in part, to introduce new players to Ops, so it’s nice to see how other people explain certain mechanics. Anyway, point is, these are awesome. I was most impressed with the fact that you take the time to do things that resulted in, at minimum, a death, and maybe a wipe in order to illustrate a particular mechanic. That’s the extra mile for sure as opposed to just a kill video.

Just a note to say these videos are a great service to the community. I watched the NiM EC tanks guide a few weeks ago (we downed them last week – yay!), and watched some of the other guides, even though I know the fights – they’re kinda fun to watch anyway, and you never know, might find a trick or two even after all this time. I also run an open sign-up raid for our guild that is meant, in part, to introduce new players to Ops, so it’s nice to see how other people explain certain mechanics. Anyway, point is, these are awesome. I was most impressed with the fact that you take the time to do things that resulted in, at minimum, a death, and maybe a wipe in order to illustrate a particular mechanic. That’s the extra mile for sure as opposed to just a kill video.

From not only myself but the Phalanx Squad team as a whole thank you for your support and praise. Our aim is to really do something that has never been done before in this game (and many others) being to provide guides that are informative enough and detailed enough to give every player a chance at truly understanding these fights and how to beat them. We're still hoping to get some face time from the Devs on their monthly live stream *wink**wink* to promote what we are doing here but people like you guys pushing out these instructional aids to players just getting into this content is great and absolutely one of our intended objectives with this project. Good luck to your Open sign-up group, please continue to help use spread the word on this project, and congrats on your EC F&B defeat :D

Edited by Bahadori

• 2 weeks later...

You're doing a really great job man, keep it up!

What would be great would be that before the mechanics section, you very quickly go through the fight and its enemies, as in "OK, after you achieve this these adds will spawn" and so on, would make some points in mechanics Wayyy more understandable

Edited by De-mu-noki

Hey all! The NiM Terror (Final Boss) guide will be coming out next week. We've tried to keep to a schedule of one guide a week released however I have to travel out of town Thursday and will be unable to complete the guide and release it by the end of the weekend. So keep an eye out as it is coming! :D Thanks for the support and I hope this answers all the whispers and emails i've gotten on the guides release.

- 8 Man NiM The Terror From Beyond guide added

Hey all!

We've recently had a HUGE request over the past month for Hard Mode guides. To better help the community as well as our followers and fans the project is being slightly altered and updated. With the release of the NiM Terror guide we'll be moving to complete and release ALL HARD MODE guides before continuing on with SnV Nightmare guide releases. Thank you all for your patience and helping us to spread the word on this project.

- 8 Man NiM The Terror From Beyond guide added

Hey all!

We've recently had a HUGE request over the past month for Hard Mode guides. To better help the community as well as our followers and fans the project is being slightly altered and updated. With the release of the NiM Terror guide we'll be moving to complete and release ALL HARD MODE guides before continuing on with SnV Nightmare guide releases. Thank you all for your patience and helping us to spread the word on this project.

My reaction :)

Our guild mood just fell down as we did all the HMs weeks ago and don't remember all the small things and differences for NiM(also DPS requirements) as we are long lost returning players(or new players). But whatever works for you.

I'll keep checking the thread for the NiM content time.

We love your work and cannot wait for the NiM time.

Our guild mood just fell down as we did all the HMs weeks ago and don't remember all the small things and differences for NiM(also DPS requirements) as we are long lost returning players(or new players). But whatever works for you.

I'll keep checking the thread for the NiM content time.

We love your work and cannot wait for the NiM time.

Our guild still has a team in nim content. They aren't writing guides and are much more focused on prog, but for the interim if you have questions regarding dps values they will end up having that information albeit at a potentially slower rate.They just finished nim TFB themselves, and are moving into dread fortress next week so you can shoot hayete a message to check in. They run Wednesday nights at 830 server time if you want to follow along on twitch in epic face plants as they learn what works and all that feel free as well.

Edited by Shwarzchild