Merc/Mando butt charge seems to not work sometimes?

Lhancelot

Anyone else notice their Rocket Out ability not working sometimes?

I had it happen two times in the Yavin WZ, seems like the terrain inhibited me from using it, I go to activate and it behaves as if it's greyed out but then when I moved and re-positioned myself and used it again, it worked.

Yesterday had some weird delays/lagginess too, being the first day of the new patch perhaps that's what it was. I never had it happen prior to the patch though.

I had it happen two times in the Yavin WZ, seems like the terrain inhibited me from using it, I go to activate and it behaves as if it's greyed out but then when I moved and re-positioned myself and used it again, it worked.

Yesterday had some weird delays/lagginess too, being the first day of the new patch perhaps that's what it was. I never had it happen prior to the patch though.

Sounds to me like you were rooted IMO

Happens to my Sorc bubble sometimes. It shows it activates and goes on CD but doesn’t actually activate.

The expression "butt charge" confused me because I took it as the charge of the PT, so I will say here (even though I realise you were talking about merc) that the PT leap seems to be failing randomly sometimes, going on CD without anything happening. No graphic, no damage, and no movement...

PT leap generally fails due to obstruction in your path (like a large rock/slope) rocket out on merc will fail if you are rooted continuously after activation till duration end (the most common form of this, I have personaly expd at least 6 times, is a juggs ravage root.) and operative death root after roll is caused by rolling up into a knockback (headon)

to avoid these bugs, I use jump just before I pt jump (usually will place you above your obstructive view) I use rocket out when a jugg is too far to inflict ravage and I only roll at my foe if I know their kb is on cd (this will still happen every once in awhile.. no matter how much you rage (believe me I understand) just know that it happens to the best players. every dog gets his day)

EDIT: a note about operative death root, there are only 3 known cures for it. 1) a sorc pulls you. 2) you get knocked back again (yup, what caused it fixs it) and of course map reloading/login (I forget if sh port fixs it.. I think it does.)

(most gap openers and some gap closers will gray out if you are elavated. this includeds but not limited to cover sniper, rocket out, agent roll, phantom stride and mad dash. the recieved error messaged in red should be something like "Cannot activate while in the air")

Edited by Seterade

(most gap openers and some gap closers will gray out if you are elavated. this includeds but not limited to cover sniper, rocket out, agent roll, phantom stride and mad dash. the recieved error messaged in red should be something like "Cannot activate while in the air")

I think you can safely say that it depends on whether is the ability targeted or not. All kinds of leaps and teleports to targets work in the air and the others do not. Phase walk is a special case and last I checked it works in the air too.

Note that I consider an ability a non-targeted gap opener/closer only if it actually moves you upon activation (so force speed and hydraulics do not count, they can also be triggered in the air)

not quite. the abilitys that dont activate in mid air aren't situational. they just flat don't work. I don't want to look up every effect today but I'll give you what I can remember off the top of my head.

Phase walk: works in air

warrior leap: works

intercede: works

force speed: works

pt jump: works

translocate: works

holotraverse: works

phantom stride: works (I rechecked this one, it does but badly... just dont.)

predation: works

rocket out: grayed out when elevated

agent roll: (all rolls, ops and sniper) grayed

mad dash: grayed

side mention: sniper cover requires feet on the ground. (this will keep entrench 50% from working since you cant entrench)

"in air" status is generated when a player decides they are going to become a parkour athlete in swtor and use everything but the ground to walk on. this does not include rocks on cliff walls, but does include various crates/nodes in wzs.

if I missed something, I apologise, Im a little sleepy.

Edited by Seterade