Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

No to Arcann Romance Give us Real Content!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
No to Arcann Romance Give us Real Content!

AlienEyeTX's Avatar


AlienEyeTX
02.07.2018 , 03:57 PM | #31
I'm all for removing Arcann completely. However, I'm not bothered by them putting this content out there. I can appreciate that other people appreciate it.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
02.07.2018 , 03:59 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Manjaca View Post
Hi, this is my Opinion.

The Most People on my Server and in my Guild and my Friends who are in other Guilds, dont want a Arcann Romance!

Many of them want:

New Operations SM/HM/NIM with cool Decorations/Mounts/Clothes/Achievments to earn
New Flashpoints SM/HM with cool Decorations/Mounts/Clothes/Achievments to earn
New 8vs8 and 4vs4 PVP Maps Ranked and un-Ranked with cool Decorations/Mounts/Clothes/Achievments to earn
New GSF Maps with cool Decorations/Mounts/Clothes/Achievments to earn
They wand the old Companions Back. For Example Jaesa/Khem Val/Kira/Lt. Iresso........ They want this with a cool Story and not 135 seconds Story or Love Story.
They want Chat Bubbles or similar improvement for RP

But all of them want new real explorable Planets with Class Story and with Planet Story with Achievments. And the new Planets Need to be explorable like Tatooine/Alderaan

All them want more Quality of Life Improvments and Bug-Fixing!

And this dear Devs from Bioware and Players is Content for 97% of the Playerbase!

And dont call me a Hater for my Opinion. This is a open Forum and we live in a Democracy It is enough to call other People a Hater for having a other Opinion like in other Threads.

And where was the Content for the APAC Community? NO real Information about no West-Coast Server. There was a APAC Guy who was much active for years on the SWTOR Forum and this Player was very positive adjustet to the Game. His Name i think was "AmericanAussie". Where is this Player? Quit?
First Bioware help this People and then give us a Arcann Romance! But i think it is to late for most of them.

If we have new good Content. Then i wish you the best and biggest Arcann Romance for you Arcann Lovers. But please we Need first Real Content! We Need a Real Expansion with 6.0. We Lost enough Players in 4.0 and 5.0 because of no new Content and bad designd Galactic Command.

I Play all Content in SWTOR SM/HM Raiding SM/HM Flashpoints Casual PVP. I like and love the Story in this game. I come to this game because of KOTOR 1/2. This is my first MMO and in the beginning i was a MMO Noob. But i like the MMO/Group Content. It is sad to see how much Group Content and other Updates other MMOs get.

Please Dont look on my bad english Writing. English is my 3 Language.
/signed

And I quoted the whole thing because I basically agree with every point.
Beruhl / Zenovia / Lobotomy / Sejanos / Warpunk
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

Manjaca's Avatar


Manjaca
02.07.2018 , 04:00 PM | #33
Im not against a Arcann Romance! Im for a Arcann Romance!

But we have so less Manpower that the Dev-team Need to Focus on repeatable Content and on the old Companions with a good Story and not 135 seconds Story like Andronikos Revel.
At the Moment the game need repeatable Content. The game need more Players. Repeatable Content = more Players. More Players = healty Severs and a longer life for SWTOR!

MrJunay's Avatar


MrJunay
02.07.2018 , 04:05 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Manjaca View Post
The Problem is the Arcann Romance is not repeatable Content. You can do this 2x and then?
The Problem is, the majority of Players will not do the romance with Arcann. Because no interest for this Romance. They have more interest in Kira/Jaesa.......

The devs have not enough Money/Manpower to do regulary Content. OK. But then they Need to Support the Content who is repeatable They Need to Support the Original Romances.
Look at the Abassadeor Class. Where are the comback of the Companions? Why no love for this Companions.
Why no love for Thano Vik? I want him back with a Story!

Some People Need to realize that some Players have other opinions about Content. And the majority dont want no repeatable Content to prioritize about repeatable Content. And some People Need to be less selfish like "i dont want Group Content i dont want to see other People in a MMO". The game is alive when Group Conent will be played.
Why some Players are full of hate if we want other Content instead of the Arcann Romance? Why?
Egoism - this to demand the cutting out of content that is interesting to one group of people, for the sake of content that is interesting to another group of people. I will say more - this is not selfishness, this is complete tactlessness.

Why I do not create a thread "Take the hell out of all the operations and stuff that I do not need, and make a romance with Arcann on 20 chapters, with erotic cutscenes for half an hour!"?
Because it is tactless and stupid.

TinaLovesHan's Avatar


TinaLovesHan
02.07.2018 , 04:05 PM | #35
A 2 - 3 minute cutscene is not what is keeping us from having content..........seriously.

I would personally like to see more planet stories, explorable planets and focus on my character and their relationships and things they are doing but not necessarily solo stuff like KotFE/ET (but definitely not all group junk). I would like to see a full expansion like Makeb was.

The chiss stuff mentioned would be nice to have. Along with Saganu :hearteyes:

But the Arcann romance is not keeping us from having new stuff and I would not ask for it to be scrapped.

Costello's Avatar


Costello
02.07.2018 , 04:10 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Manjaca View Post
Im not against a Arcann Romance! Im for a Arcann Romance!

But we have so less Manpower that the Dev-team Need to Focus on repeatable Content and on the old Companions with a good Story and not 135 seconds Story like Andronikos Revel.
At the Moment the game need repeatable Content. The game need more Players. Repeatable Content = more Players. More Players = healty Severs and a longer life for SWTOR!
More so given even people that saved him may not be happy with any future content and may even anger people that killed him that for that update they get very very little again.

Suzsi's Avatar


Suzsi
02.07.2018 , 04:12 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Manjaca View Post
Im not against a Arcann Romance! Im for a Arcann Romance!

But we have so less Manpower that the Dev-team Need to Focus on repeatable Content and on the old Companions with a good Story and not 135 seconds Story like Andronikos Revel.
At the Moment the game need repeatable Content. The game need more Players. Repeatable Content = more Players. More Players = healty Severs and a longer life for SWTOR!
Again you are under estimating people though.
I have friends as well as myself who have been known to go back and play through an entire character again, just to experience those sweet 30 seconds or so all over again. Of course we would like it if they made these quests more easily repeatable but for now they arent.. so really who is going to get the most out of the game for this?
The ones willing to repeat entire class stories, kotfe and kotet and beyond just to reexperience a sweet romance moment or those who will repeat the same 10 min flashpoint 20 times until they get all they want from it?

The key is trying to cater to all as much as the game will allow. All last year was flashpiints, there's still at least one more to come in 5.8.. nothing wrong with also including things *others* will enjoy and make the most of as well.

MikeCobalt's Avatar


MikeCobalt
02.07.2018 , 04:13 PM | #38
Devoting More of the Finite resources to "Just Arcann" at the expense of every other Much Longer companion I believe is against the Majority of the customers wish's Further antagonizing what players with money is left.
Other companions that have faced the "Kill/No Kill Option" have been rendered useless with no more of a future then to stand in the corner, collect space dust and possibly hold a light for when its dark. Arcann came Much..Much later, is dead to most (At the expense of a good character) and should be dealt with at Best as "Another Comp" but never better then. Just Move On and maybe actually Realize the Promise made with the remaining Companions.

Manjaca's Avatar


Manjaca
02.07.2018 , 04:22 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
So only guy players should get content and not the female player bsse? Because everyone wants Kira and Jaesa despite the fact many also cant even romance them.
Thats a little narrow minded to be honest.
Also not everyone likes group content either so saying everyone will play that, with all the evidence around the forums to say otherwise is also a little short sighted.

No one can speak up for what others want or will play because their views will always be scewed by there own interests and what they want as wn individual. People really should start speaking for themselves and not everyone else.
How do you know that im only playing guys?

Jaesa and Kira was a example. If you look on my first post. There is an Name: Lt. Iresso this is a Guy not a Girl^^
I whish so much that BW give us a Male Force User for Romance! Im a big supporter of this. But need Arcann to be this a Mass Murder for my Jedi?

Look after 4.0/5.0 No Group Content was less Population in SWTOR -->Severmerge. Not only Group or Hardmode Players quit the game also Story Player because the Server was dead. They Play Final Fantasy or WOW or other MMOs And please dont think im a only Hardmode Group Player. I do with all my Twinks all Taris Planet Quests and Side Quests an Bonus Quests! I do with all My Twinks all Voss Planet Quests and Side Quests an Bonus Quests! The Same Thing goes for other Planets. And i do this all the time when i Play a new Twink.
And there are many Group Players like me who do this.

The Most Guild Live Comes From Group Content. PVE/PVP/Achievements/And to Play the Story with friend. Not like KOTFE and KOTET where we are forced to Play the Story alone. How much was this complaind on the Forum.

Suzsi's Avatar


Suzsi
02.07.2018 , 04:25 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Manjaca View Post
How do you know that im only playing guys?

Jaesa and Kira was a example. If you look on my first post. There is an Name: Lt. Iresso this is a Guy not a Girl^^
I whish so much that BW give us a Male Force User for Romance! Im a big supporter of this. But need Arcann to be this a Mass Murder for my Jedi?

Look after 4.0/5.0 No Group Content was less Population in SWTOR -->Severmerge. Not only Group or Hardmode Players quit the game also Story Player because the Server was dead. They Play Final Fantasy or WOW or other MMOs And please dont think im a only Hardmode Group Player. I do with all my Twinks all Taris Planet Quests and Side Quests an Bonus Quests! I do with all My Twinks all Voss Planet Quests and Side Quests an Bonus Quests! The Same Thing goes for other Planets. And i do this all the time when i Play a new Twink.
And there are many Group Players like me who do this.

The Most Guild Live Comes From Group Content. PVE/PVP/Achievements/And to Play the Story with friend. Not like KOTFE and KOTET where we are forced to Play the Story alone. How much was this complaind on the Forum.
About as much as people also commented on how they enjoyed having monthly chapters.

This game has so many different types of players that *no* content is invalid and saying it should be jist creates arguments and problems.