Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No to Arcann Romance Give us Real Content!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
No to Arcann Romance Give us Real Content!

Mirandel
02.18.2018 , 06:55 AM | #321
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks. Andronikos was the best of the three latest returns. I think it's vital that future companion returns, allow each companion a private return where they can shine. Forcing them to share that 2 minute span is horrible.

I said my piece earlier in the thread, and I also said, I didn't foresee them yanking content that has already been done and set in motion no matter how abhorrent it is to me or others, so in truth, as much as I despise Arcann, this entire thread is a complete waste of time. They're not going to stop it, I doubt they could improve it, and honestly, I doubt they could improve it enough to the point where my broken suspension of belief would be assuaged. I've chosen to move on and ignore this whole business. If Bioware isn't aware of my feelings by now, they never will be and if they continue to put out content that brings me no pleasure, I'm under no obligation to keep paying them to do crap that I don't like.
Well, I would not be so sure about ?made content can not be cut". Long time ago data-miners dug out Alert about Zenith's return. With voiced dialogs, no less. Yet, it never made to the game (and it was the only alert I personally wanted - THE ONLY ONE). Granted, there are complications for Zenith - same voice actor with Theron. So, unless you lock specific companions for that scene it would look (sound) awkward. May be that is the reason they refused to bring back the only interesting JC companion, but the fact remains - ready content was cut out.

You never know what exactly is going to happen - may be in the same alert there will be an option to ... not kill, but get rid of Arcann without removing Senia as well? I'd say, wait and see. And don't take it personally (on behalf of lore-following sense-bound players) for some time already all the sense and lore left the story. Now it's only eclectic assorted pile of micro-stories that might have some sense taken separately, but do not fir bigger picture and can not be attached to the previous story. I do not know a single story-lover here who would not be hurt by one part of the story or another (or all of them).

LordFell
02.21.2018 , 01:22 AM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by Mirandel View Post
Well, I would not be so sure about ?made content can not be cut". Long time ago data-miners dug out Alert about Zenith's return. With voiced dialogs, no less. Yet, it never made to the game (and it was the only alert I personally wanted - THE ONLY ONE). Granted, there are complications for Zenith - same voice actor with Theron. So, unless you lock specific companions for that scene it would look (sound) awkward. May be that is the reason they refused to bring back the only interesting JC companion, but the fact remains - ready content was cut out.
I would be rather pleased if they "blinked" on Arcann, and cancelled this content. I think it's probably too late for that to happen.

I am, still, going to continue to bother Keith & Eric for an acknowledgement that this was a contentious choice, and respond to our (entirely reasonable) request for an Anti-Arcann option in the upcoming romance.

Quraswren
02.21.2018 , 08:28 AM | #323
Quote: Originally Posted by LordFell View Post
I would be rather pleased if they "blinked" on Arcann, and cancelled this content. I think it's probably too late for that to happen.

I am, still, going to continue to bother Keith & Eric for an acknowledgement that this was a contentious choice, and respond to our (entirely reasonable) request for an Anti-Arcann option in the upcoming romance.
Agreed.

I'm kinda shocked that all the things that is on bioware so called, "Wall". Developing an arcaan romance was the one they pulled off the wall to spend any time on. Of all the things this game really needs, they wasted time on building that LI for a character I'd wager 3/4 of the players killed or at a minimum wanted to kill him but didn't because they wanted senya. A guess of course but given the story I'll stick with that estimate.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Yeldah_
01.16.2019 , 03:21 AM | #324
Sorry but "real content" costs money. Bioware is a business not a charity and cannot afford to give you this luxury. Arcann romance is cost effective so is clearly the best option.
My silence is not weakness; it is simply the beginning of my revenge.