Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

Twi'lek Purple Skin

I saw a video on YT showing the different variants of adaptation of the Nautolans. One year ago, the roadmap Autumn 2018 issued the following statement on the Twi'lek adaptation:

Quote:

"Twi'leks customization - They are much more difficult to customize than humans due to our system, can not go into details"

And what do I have to see now? Nautolans who have much more lekku than the Twi'lek? They *********** have ****** variants !!! Why? Why does it not working on Twi'leks? Why are Twi'leks not allowed to wear their lekku differently than straight down the back? Why can't BW release the skin colors of the Togruta for the Twi'lek?

Guess they put more effort in designing their new models. I think it's complete utter *********** BS that we got the short end of the stick for 8 years! 8 *********** years! We couldn't even get a basic skin colour pack and these Nautolans bastards have different cosmetic variation placements for their lekku! They have more lekku than a Twi'lek (which only has TWO!) More difficult my ***....

I swear if Bioware doesn't make any statement after the upcoming expansion about Twi'leks receiving a cosmetic revamp I am done...

Edited by DarkEcIipse

I signed this a million years ago, Twi'leks still need the purple skin but I think they along with other alien races need customization updates, with the new eye color's they added for humans.

I'm hoping they do a pack that includes

New Skin Colours

New (brighter) Eye Colours

New Tattoos

New Complexion's (Like the Humans and Chiss got with the new make-up and eyebrows)

Still strongly in favor of this.

I mean I'd hope that Bioware didn't even stop at just a purple skin tone for Twi'leks if they wanted to add new skin colours. They already have 19 awesome skin colours made when they created the Togrutas including 3 different shades of purple, a brown, pink, yellows and oranges, reds etc. Literally every colour we would love for Twi'leks and tbh the Nautolans should definitely get them too and that would be awesome. It would shut us all up after so long of wanting them aha. It does bug me to think that one of the most common playable races in the game (the twi'leks) still hasn't had a customisation pack since day 1. So I just hope that the team took note of the hype for Nautolans and realise that adding more customisation options for our characters is something most players desperately want, and I think adding the Togrutas 19 skin colours (so they wouldn't even have to think about what new colours to add) to both the Twi'leks and the Nautolans would definitely be a great decision to show they're listening to what we would love to see and acting upon it!

• 2 weeks later...
Wow can't believe that 2019 is quickly coming to end and it'll be another year down. :(

I had hoped they would have introduced this earlier into the game, especially seeing how Paxton Rall is a purple Twi'lek :( I honestly had believed we'd see the Appearance Customization option shortly after his release, but sadly, it seems I was incorrect in this assumption.

But let's not give up! 2020 is also a very beautiful year to introduce purple skin for the Twi'lek as an appearance customization option! And the yellow Sith eyes for the Twi'lek, those I have been waiting for, for years as well.

Really starting to feel like Paxton was a middle finger to us. "We can do it, but we don't want to."

Actually, it isn't. Charles Boyd explained already once that it's easy to create a custom NPC or companion. But porting over those textures to our characters is impossible and entirely new designs have to be created if we want to have it as appearance customization options. It's why for example the yellow Sith eyes appearance customization options aren't identical to Acina's or Arcann's eyes. But Charles Boyd has said multiple times over Twitter that they're looking at more customization options for the Twi'lek.

Actually, it isn't. Charles Boyd explained already once that it's easy to create a custom NPC or companion. But porting over those textures to our characters is impossible and entirely new designs have to be created if we want to have it as appearance customization options. It's why for example the yellow Sith eyes appearance customization options aren't identical to Acina's or Arcann's eyes. But Charles Boyd has said multiple times over Twitter that they're looking at more customization options for the Twi'lek.

Coming to you soon in 2029!

I really hope they add new skin colours soon, just from this thread alone you can see how many players have wanted new skin colours so let's all hope 2020 will be the year lol, to finally have Purple skin for Twi'leks and, also Red skin for Nautolans are the biggest things I'd want for new customisation options. Both of which I was surprised when the two species hadn't launched with those two skin colours.

Definitely still waiting on purple Twi'lek skin but with how it has been 8 years since launch and not a single Twi'lek customization update has occurred, I am seriously hoping they will get significant customization upgrades beyond 1 skin color....Hopefully they add lekku wraps, new headbands, new make up, new eye colors, new tattoos, multiple skin tones, and a new face type. If they can ever find a way to provide different types of lekku or different ways for them to rest that would be great but I won't hold my breath on that one lol.

I would like them to focus on expanding customization to all of the current existing species in the game instead of adding new ones for a while, now that Nautalon's have launched. Zabraks, Rattataki, and Twi'lek have all not seen a single update so they should start there.

Edited by Jesira

Definitely still waiting on purple Twi'lek skin but with how it has been 8 years since launch and not a single Twi'lek customization update has occurred, I am seriously hoping they will get significant customization upgrades beyond 1 skin color....Hopefully they add lekku wraps, new headbands, new make up, new eye colors, new tattoos, multiple skin tones, and a new face type. If they can ever find a way to provide different types of lekku or different ways for them to rest that would be great but I won't hold my breath on that one lol.

I would like them to focus on expanding customization to all of the current existing species in the game instead of adding new ones for a while, now that Nautalon's have launched. Zabraks, Rattataki, and Twi'lek have all not seen a single update so they should start there.

I definitely agree with you there. The species you mentioned have had no new customization options added ever since launch. And the argument "maybe they're not popular enough" is not a valid one here, because seemingly unpopular species did get new customization options (Cathar) while a really popular one like the Twi'lek did not.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone else watch the Mandalorian? I'm pretty those Twi'leks in episode 6 were purple. So it's a canon skin color for the Twi'lek species now right. :p

If anything it should be enticement for the Cartel Market team to release purple skin for the Twi'lek. It was featured on screen, so why not ingame. Especially since we already have purple skin with Twi'lek ingame. I forgot his name at the moment, but the Twi'lek smuggler companion with the cool armor, he has purple skin. And yellow Sith eyes.

I definitely agree with you there. The species you mentioned have had no new customization options added ever since launch. And the argument "maybe they're not popular enough" is not a valid one here, because seemingly unpopular species did get new customization options (Cathar) while a really popular one like the Twi'lek did not.

Yeah, and it would help if they had expanded customizations that were really nice and specific to their species if they wanted to boost their potential popularity. Right now Zabrak and Rattataki are very boring, I know there is only so much you can do with a Rattataki because they're bald, but certainly Zabraks could have really cool customization options, just look at Merrin from Fallen Order, she has turned out to be a really popular character so they could capitalize on that pretty handily.

Some Twi'leks also have higher/perkier lekku like the one in the Mandalorian so that would be an interesting head choice.

Edited by Jesira

Some Twi'leks also have higher/perkier lekku like the one in the Mandalorian so that would be an interesting head choice.

Oh yes this would be absolutely fabulous! Especially now that the Nautolans can have various headtail positions, it would be nice to have the same thing for the Twi'lek. There are various positions the lekku could be in. Tbh, I wouldn't mind an overhaul of the Twi'lek species to include this option.