CourtneyWoods

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The link in the article is a trap.

But that's not all!

Click on the link.

Dress your Facebook page up with this special wallpaper!

Thank you, BioWare. Thank you, on this, the anniversary of my favorite game of all time, for giving me a wallpaper which will generate advertising for you.

For such an important game bring Story and companions you care about what was the choice behind a title and CC give away on facebook.

Would have thought as crazy as this is but wouldn't a story based event have been more in keeping with both what KOTOR brought to TOR and what sets TOR apart from other MMO's. Rather than a title you have to purchase from the Cartel market.

• The internal struggle between good and evil

^ This is the only aspect I disagree with, as this game doesn't have any feel of galactic conflict.

Never has.

Edited by Pistols

• The internal struggle between good and evil

^ This is the only aspect I disagree with, as this game doesn't have any feel of galactic conflict.

Never has.

True. Your character does it's tasks while you have the feeling that the important galactic conflict happens elsewhere.

For such an important game bring Story and companions you care about what was the choice behind a title and CC give away on facebook.

Would have thought as crazy as this is but wouldn't a story based event have been more in keeping with both what KOTOR brought to TOR and what sets TOR apart from other MMO's. Rather than a title you have to purchase from the Cartel market.

I am deeply sad there is not an in-game event. It would have been such a fun way to weave the history into SWTOR a bit more deeply. There are already quests here and there that do that (Imperial, Nar Shaddaa, for instance) as well as Flashpoints. It would have been so awesome if the Imperial Reclamation Service on one side and perhaps the Republic Intelligence folks for the Pub side had gone treasure hunting in both factions to uncover an old Star Map or some such. Darn. That would have been fun. Now, on the bright side, glad that there is ANY acknowledgement... that part makes me happy. But could have been so much more, for the game that really was the genesis of this one.

I am a little disappointed...

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20130705 stated some of the things to look forward too... did I read too much into it when thinking there would be more?

Not wnating to sound entitled, it's nice that they celebrate the occasion at all, but... the article hinted at more?

Anyway, my Sith can call herself Revan's Heir now, wich fits her PERFECTLY as she would call herself anything that sounds important, so this little title fits her perfectly ^^

Edited by LaynaTan

Ten years from its release, I think people will look back on the scope and quality of storytelling in SWTOR and realize its impact on popular culture.

Ahahahahahahahahahaha! Oh man, good one.

If they abandon the class stories and just focus on theme park grinds, sure, it will prove to be a laughable quote. But they can still put the game back on the track they set on at the start, a story-driven MMO.

•Epic storytelling in The Old Republic era

** As much as I love SWTOR, I can't describe the storytelling as epic..

•Cinematic storytelling

** Yup, safe to say.

•The internal struggle between good and evil

** A little I suppose, but nothing you choose make a difference in outcomes so meh..

•Becoming a Jedi

** More than that. Choosing your own path. SWTOR seems to lack that and it would be cool if a Sith could align with the Republic or....

•Owning your own Millennium Falcon inspired starship

** Something seems lacking here.

•Traveling to many different worlds

** Sure.

•Adventuring with companion characters that you cared about.

** I really have no feelings towards any of the companions. Needs work.

I am deeply sad there is not an in-game event. It would have been such a fun way to weave the history into SWTOR a bit more deeply. There are already quests here and there that do that (Imperial, Nar Shaddaa, for instance) as well as Flashpoints. It would have been so awesome if the Imperial Reclamation Service on one side and perhaps the Republic Intelligence folks for the Pub side had gone treasure hunting in both factions to uncover an old Star Map or some such. Darn. That would have been fun. Now, on the bright side, glad that there is ANY acknowledgement... that part makes me happy. But could have been so much more, for the game that really was the genesis of this one.

Absolutely agreed. Some treasure hunt to relevant places or a tour of mementos of the KotOR events would've been nice. Some "News" video about the events, holostatues on the fleets... something ingame that honor the event and the game that spawned the whole.

I get the title (most likely i'll never use but of course I have it), but very disappointed that the other "celebration" is just some "first 10 gets CC" only on facebook. :(

For the occasion i tried to play KOTOR , i put the good old CDs in my CD/DVD drive and then ...

... then the darkside took over everything : " NO CD-ROM drive found"

Go Digital with Steam. It is their Summer Sale this month.

Just be careful. The deals will drain your wallet. Go in to buy KoTOR, come out with Torchlight II, Saints Row IV, Surgeon Simulator 2013, Borderlands and The Walking Dead, all for 22 dollars. :eek:

EDIT: You better get your butt over there now, KoTOR is 66% off! $3.39!

Edited by Darth_Moonshadow

The internal struggle between good and evil: Think i must have missed this, ive played 2 charaters and simpley not seen anything that could be described as such, If this was in the game, shouldnt it have some effect on how the game plays out? You are given the choice between emp and rep at the start of the game and whatever you choose during dialog you are stuck with it.

Becoming a Jedi: You are thrown into which ever role you pick at the very start of the game, again regardless of choices you make in the game. There is no "becoming" you just are, assuming you picked that at charater creation.

Owning your own Millennium Falcon inspired starship: Yea, you own a ship, but you cant do much with it, the space missions are so much on the rails that you pretty much have little to no control. IMHO the ship is just a loading gap between plannets.

Adventuring with companion characters that you cared about: Now this one has really disapointed me, i was a huge fan of the companions on tor1 and 2, but on here you are lucky if you get more that a short chat, half of the companions hardly even change if you put armour on them and there is no change to their skills, apperance or the very few random phrases they blurt out every so often: not even from those chats or if you lucky one short mission.

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

I wanted to add a little bit of fun into the thread! Be the first person to claim one of these codes in the redeem code tab of your account page for 450 CC!

Edit: Claimed super fast! All codes claimed, check back later :)

As a note, if you don't get to claim one check back on both Twitter and Facebook as we will be giving them away all day. We might even give away more here on the forums. :rak_03:

-eric

Edited by EricMusco