KOTOR – 10 Years Later

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw, Malak does not have just a tan bald head. He has a tattoo that runs from the back to the front. I really like the designs for Malak and Bastilla but they are flawed.... not the first time Bioware has messed up replicating their own content from 10 years ago.

• Dev Post

As we are now a bit later in the day I wanted to give all of you another opportunity to grab some more coins! Like last time, be the first to claim any of these codes through the redeem code section of your account page and you will have 450 CC on us!

Edit: Codes claimed, thanks everyone!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

It's working as intended on my end. I've just unlocked it for all my toons via collections. Total cost = 15CC, no issues at all.

Odd, wasn't working for me earlier. I had unlocked it for my character, but there was no unlock for account function, even under the Archon title to which it seems to link. Even if I get on another character to try to unlock it for my account, all it does it link back to the "buy" page in the cartel market, which tells me I've already purchased the title.

Perhaps I'll check when I log back in in a bit.

Edit: update, working now!

If it's not working for you, try restarting the game client.

When I finally got it to work, it was via Titles - Cartel Market, which didn't show up until I restarted my game client. That said, now that it's unlocked for my account, it is showing up in the "titles - titles" as well, but it's no longer named archon, it's now named "founders medal," despite there being another instance of the "founders medal" title on perpendicular to it.

Edit again: on the character on which I initially purchased the title, the title is on the Archon title block. On the others, it's on the Founders Medal one. Bizarre.

Edited by ShyNyny
update

As we are now a bit later in the day I wanted to give all of you another opportunity to grab some more coins! Like last time, be the first to claim any of these codes through the redeem code section of your account page and you will have 450 CC on us!

-eric

I think it's really cool that BW/EA team is giving away 450cc's. I also think the implementation of said giveaway is a complete pile of Rancor DUNG! :mad:

You guys need to come up with a better way than having hundreds of people hitting the F5 Key or watching twitter all day (Some folks at work and our European community are not available). Maybe a random DRAWING of anyone that comments or likes Twitter/FB/Thread during specific times of the day? Anything but this extremely limited means to even get a chance and then it's just one lucky person. I think I saw maybe 3-4 give away codes posted? Heck I didn't even see the codes on forums, just a "Gone" in less time than I was able to refresh that page even. I think a limited number of WINNERS is cool, but lets not screw people that don't have massive down time to refresh pages. Some sort of logical THOUGHT behind this could have been done.

I was going to say this was the worse celebration you have held, but I would be wrong. Great Title gimic and this is cool at least you are giving away stuff. (FYI - The Clark Griswold created Speeder/X-Mas Holiday Bundle was the worse - Terms of COST alone via CC) At least you guys are getting better at doing cool things. (Just think things out a tad more maybe?) TY ;)

Just my two cents - Didn't win anything, but I only had time to play the refresh F5 page for about 30 minutes during lunch.

Edited by dscount

Look at the current GW2 event it is so awesome what they do FOR FREE. Heck how are they able to go on with their business? No subscription, a shop that has not half the items and no nickle and diming with celebration items.

Why does this game not use their strength in storytelling to celebrate such an important day. What about a questline where you learn more about the connections between kotor and swtor?

Exactly what I have been saying for a long time now. GW2 constantly has something going on with their game, with no monthly fee. I absolutely fail to see why Bioware cannot do that as well. It is obvious to me they don't want to, they would rather add more nickle and dime cartel stuff and UGLY armor and a million reskins. If it weren't for the fact that GW2 runs slowly for me because my PC is older, i'd be playing that full time. When I am able to build a new PC you can bet I will.

This little "celebration" is utterly lazy and frankly pathetic. Bioware really has NO IDEA how to celebrate or appreciate subscribers. Like someone want's to camp out on FB or Twitter all day to get codes.....man, that's a real party isn't it?

Edited by DarthVengeant

Look at the current GW2 event it is so awesome what they do FOR FREE. Heck how are they able to go on with their business? No subscription, a shop that has not half the items and no nickle and diming with celebration items.

Why does this game not use their strength in storytelling to celebrate such an important day. What about a questline where you learn more about the connections between kotor and swtor?

lol I live with GW2 players and used to constantly rag on their updates compared to swtors, I would take the shroud quest or any swtor flash point over the SAB or fractals anyday, just no comparison in my opinon... sadly since makeb I haven't had a leg to stand on and they have had some good updates recently :( our content is still better but I cant keep pointing at 6 month old updates and going yeah well that is cooler than your new content, well I can it just has less affect the 4th or 5th time around

arenanet has always been really good to their players, I hate their games but I have to give them that. I think the difference is they actually play their game AND enjoy it, so they are not just adding stuff for the player s they are adding it for themselves too because they are players and the games biggest fans

swtor devs I know claim that they play and are huge pvpers but I would have to call that a outright lie. I feel if the devs played this game as much as the fans and were as passionate about what needs to be added to the game and what needs to be fixed we would have a lot better game. right now the dev process for swtor feels very corporate and from a design memo that some focus group was used for not from actual experience with the game. I do not ever get the feeling from damion or eric or jeff [jesse sky excluded, I like him :)] that they spend very much time actually playing live

on topic happy anniversary kotor and thank you James for everything you have done, honestly I think Casey Hudson and James Ohlen are the 2 best game designers in the industry and why I think kotor was the perfect game but I am a huge bioware fanboi lol sadly my last play thorough [of both 1 & 2] was while waiting for swtor leading up to launch and have not played since release but I still feel its a great game and very fun even 10 years later, oh and thanks to David Gaider for HK dialogue and Drew for the story

oh and lol at whoever referred to James Ohlen as some guy who wrote a blog :D

Edited by Vis-Tecum

-eric

Boy... Glad Bioware gives a crap about the players that actually pay. See to do that we have these things called "JOBS". Yes, its true - People actually work and not everyone is on the public dole.

Seriously while I would love to have had 450 CC, my company tends to frown on me screwing off on FB for an online game. But I guess if it was really that important to me, I could play your crap and likely get to spend alot more of my time in the future on SWTOR when I no longer have a job.

Way to think ahead Bioware. Classy as usual.

Blak

-eric

THHHHANK youuuuu. Now we are rich, we can buy piece of bread to our children...

Community - ignore this, it's looks like trowing copper to bargains on town square in middle ages. It's disgusting.

450 CC - yep, big deal, at least 6 $ I've. But sure 450 looks more than 6. Damn.

THHHHANK youuuuu. Now we are rich, we can buy piece of bread to our children...

Community - ignore this, it's looks like trowing copper to bargains on town square in middle ages. It's disgusting.

450 CC - yep, big deal, at least 6 $ I've. But sure 450 looks more than 6. Damn.

You English well.

Apology: Sorry master. I couldn't resist.

Edited by HKtheindomitable

Just like the free 500 cartel coins, Bioware has zero imagination. Everything they do now days is lazy. Just like this. I can guarantee you that if this were in Guild Wars 2 they would have done something to really celebrate, without the monthly fee might I add. All Bioware seems to care about these days is Cartel market, making reskins of everything, and 90% of the time ugly designed armor.

Yes, what a celebration!!!

I'd rather have the 500 CC so I can buy something off the market that I like, rather than be given some item that I'm "meh" about. I use custom gear on my characters and companions, a lot of tt Cartel Market, so the extra 500 coins was great for me because it let me buy some more of the stuff I wanted off the market.

As for those that think it's lame to pay 10CC for the title I'd rather see it (and I do) as them giving us an opportunity to buy a few extra, then save them for a year from now and sell them to new players. Most games that have a cash shop every item is "Bind on Pickup" and you can't sell it to other players, ever. The fact that Bioware allows this with everything on their cash shop is unique (at least for me, I've played a lot of MMOs over the years, and this is the first to allow us to sell cash shop items for in game credits)... so they are using the title to expand upon that. Or, if you have friends that can't log in or whatever, you can buy one for them so they don't miss out.

TL;DR Sure you can think negative, Bioware sucks, Bioware is lame, Bioware is lazy... or you can look at it as the opportunities to help your friends, get what YOU want, etc.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero
spell checking

Ask EA Phenomic what happened when they did the same thing when they hit their 'Milestones' in number of likes, they gave a very limited code and went from 75k likes on facebook to barely pushing 60k in a matter of hours. Now when they give codes, they are unlimited uses, 1 per account.

As a celebration, all active accounts either sub or not should of automatically been given 450 Cartel Coins, instead of "Here is a limited use code"

Sorry, to maintain my subscription I have to go to work, like everyone else. I think it might be time I reconsider my subscription, and as a returning Founder, with the CE Edition, leaving this game again is not a hard decision to make.

Smarten up Bioware and EA. Do things right, and you might be able to convince myself and possibly several others to keep and/or renew our subscriptions when the time comes.

I don't understand why people have an issue with the cartel coin codes. For starters, they don't have to give us anything. Subscribers already got 500 cartel coins. If you don't like hitting F5 constantly, don't do it.

Could they have done something better for the 10th aniversary? Yes but it was not necessary to do anything.

Soooo, when is the celebration starting?

I mean the crappy title and CC's event people with jobs (read most subscribers) couldn't attend can't be *it* for a 10 year celebration of the game that pretty much made SWTOR possible.

Seriously, had they done nothing I would be less insulted, but they took the 5 extra minutes to spit in our faces, that's just, I can even put it into words...

I don't understand why people have an issue with the cartel coin codes. For starters, they don't have to give us anything. Subscribers already got 500 cartel coins. If you don't like hitting F5 constantly, don't do it.

Could they have done something better for the 10th aniversary? Yes but it was not necessary to do anything.

Observation: That is a new low for that response.

Statement: I've seen responses like that before that were used pretty low brow. But this is just not right at all.

Defensive Statement: I've removed the user's name because it doesn't matter who it is. The response in itself is just wrong. Having not done something would have been better if this is all we get. This isn't a call out for BioWare to see, it's for the users who feel the same way.

Edited by HKtheindomitable

Observation: That is a new low for that response.

Statement: I've seen responses like that before that were used pretty low brow. But this is just not right at all.

Defensive Statement: I've removed the user's name because it doesn't matter who it is. The response in itself is just wrong. Having not done something would have been better if this is all we get. This isn't a call out for BioWare to see, it's for the users who feel the same way.

All of the responses are similar to a child crying on Christmas because he didn't get the toy he wanted. If individuals responded constructively, maybe Bioware can change in the future. Until then, their choices for rewards in game will be left up to the marketing team.

The exception came in the form of a drawing rather than the random giveaway. I agree this would have been a better option.

Little Jimmy over in GW 2 got this and Little Timmy in WoW got that.

Edited by Truami

All of the responses are similar to a child crying on Christmas because he didn't get the toy he wanted. If individuals responded constructively, maybe Bioware can change in the future. Until then, their choices for rewards in game will be left up to the marketing team.

Little Jimmy over in GW 2 got this and Little Timmy in WoW got that.

Observation: You've missed the point of their posts then.

Correction: There have been some suggestions. But most haven't given any because we want to be surprised. We don't want to tell them how to celebrate the 10 years of KotOR. But when BioWare presents a way that only a very, very, very select few can celebrate it and feel like they were a part of something, then that's going to generate more complaints than complements.

Revelation: I know it's tough for meatbags to do, but when you look past the fact that the posts are posts of displeasure, and actually read them and find out why they're not happy and why there's so much of it, you begin to have sympathy and feel empathy for them.

Admission: Normally I would agree with you. But this instance is different.

Suggestion: Slow down on your cruse through the forums to tell people why they're wrong to be upset, and read the threads. You might just find that folks are right, even if only a little.