L2Tactic in HMs

Hi guys,

Recently I am having more and more difficulties with PuGs, whereas I once used to roflstomp a 50-55HM in about 15 minutes with total strangers it now takes ages to complete. Why? No one ever knows the tactics and is too shy to ask resulting in retarded situation in which the dps will just jump in and fire away, stand in every AoE, knockback, stun or other nasty stuff imaginable!

Final result: unnessecary repair bills and a lot of pissed of people.

There is such a thing as myself, YouTube, Dulfy or any other site for your tactics. Check them out!

Sixteen 1337-comms ain't worth tons of credits imo.

Kind regards,

An unhappy tank.

Hi guys,

Recently I am having more and more difficulties with PuGs, whereas I once used to roflstomp a 50-55HM in about 15 minutes with total strangers it now takes ages to complete. Why? No one ever knows the tactics and is too shy to ask resulting in retarded situation in which the dps will just jump in and fire away, stand in every AoE, knockback, stun or other nasty stuff imaginable!

Final result: unnessecary repair bills and a lot of pissed of people.

There is such a thing as myself, YouTube, Dulfy or any other site for your tactics. Check them out!

Sixteen 1337-comms ain't worth tons of credits imo.

Kind regards,

An unhappy tank.

When I first played this game, I was patient, giving people chances. Problem is, you can't teach a bad player to be good. If someone cannot get a basic mechanic within 1-2 attempts, cut your losses and leave the group. Now, I am just blunt and to the point in my PUGs. I won't win any nice guy awards, but at least I have more time to enjoy the game. Even so, I pretty much avoid PUGs and just run guilded stuff now.

The biggest problem is that most of the people who do not take the time to learn these mechanics themselves never will. They'll get carried through a boss once and then just repeat what they did when they got carried and assumed it was correct. You can try explaining it to them, but more often than not they won't actually do what you ask. Unfortunately, most of the people who don't care about learning the fights are the ones that would never check these forums or other online sites anyway, so it never dawns on them that they're the reason they always have trouble.

There are the rare exceptions, of course. I've met a lot of great people (in low level groups, mostly) who truly want to learn and love when I teach them new things or give them advice on how to clear an instant quickly or more easily. I'll generally only make an effort if the group seems friendly, though. Otherwise I just suck it up and trudge my way through the instance doing what I can to make up for anothers lack of effort.