Will There Be DXP On Tues 6.0 Relase?

Wopr

Doesn't particularly make sense to do 2x xp and make people go through your content even faster.

The expansion is paced at a certain level for a certain reason. Seems weird to mess that pacing up.

Technically, double xp doesn't make us go through the content faster, it just makes us level up faster, in fact, having double xp or cxp or when the exp goes live, rxp, it would encourage me to do all the content.

This is why, when the expansion goes live, i plan to use the leveling gear to level up the 5 levels as fast as possible to start getting rxp.

Technically, double xp doesn't make us go through the content faster, it just makes us level up faster, in fact, having double xp or cxp or when the exp goes live, rxp, it would encourage me to do all the content.

This is why, when the expansion goes live, i plan to use the leveling gear to level up the 5 levels as fast as possible to start getting rxp.

Since the xp bonus will be on the skin, there's no reason NOT to use it.

I know I'm going to.

No, we definately do not want a DXP event this week, look at all the hassle it has caused before, better to wait till this update is stable, or semi stable at least before they programme that in. :)

Clearly I'm missing something here about what you said "xp bonus will be on the skin"

The DvL armour, the bonus used to be on the inserts (armor or mods, not sure) but it's been changed so that in 6.0 the bonus will be on the actual piece, so you don't have to remove anything

Edited by DarkTergon

Why would they provide double XP during expansion launch? To make us level all our chars to 75 faster so we unsubscribe sooner? Makes no sense.

lol, I don't think being level 75 matters to most people, what'll cause them to unsub is if the new stuff doesn't live up to what they expect.

Since the xp bonus will be on the skin, there's no reason NOT to use it.

I know I'm going to.

Well, the problem is, the leveling gear doesn't have an armoring anymore in 6.0, it didn't on the PTS.

Therefore, you can't really use it until you get some mods to put in it........well, if you was starting a fresh character, currently, you get a hefty stat bonus, but in 6.0, you lose it, unless they changed that after i tested it on the PTS.

Well, the problem is, the leveling gear doesn't have an armoring anymore in 6.0, it didn't on the PTS.

Therefore, you can't really use it until you get some mods to put in it........well, if you was starting a fresh character, currently, you get a hefty stat bonus, but in 6.0, you lose it, unless they changed that after i tested it on the PTS.

Who says anything about running new content? That's possibly the slowest method to level.

I don't really see the point in double XP for Onslaught content, we should be hitting 75 around the end of the story, assuming it's all balanced and somebody doesn't go out of their way to do heroic quests or dailies.

I'd expect to see double XP again in about a month or so, as there is usually one at the end of November and it will probably go to Christmas-ish, depending on what they have in the pipeline going forward.

Who says anything about running new content? That's possibly the slowest method to level.

That is entirely debatable.

You are assuming that everyone loves to do the same thing again and again and again and so on, i find that boring, dull and insanity inducing boredom.

Story is the most important thing for me in any game, now sure, if you have a dedicated group to do flashpoints with, then sure it would be faster, but since i do not have that and not all people have that, then from my experience, doing story content is faster because its more interesting, while doing dungeon runs is boring and dull when its: 1: Do flashpoint, 2: Do flashpoint.......etc.

I find that so boring, i even hate dailies, that is why i only did the dailies when i did the weeklies, i would prefer to do them once per week and get 14-24k cxp over doing the same dailies, day in and day out.....even though the cxp would be quite noticeably higher, but in a video game, fun is more important and repeating the same content everyday is just doing and the opposite of fun.....for me anyway.

Its like, if i had all classes ready for the expansion, doing 1 class, then another of the same faction would bore me, this is why i take my time, i never rush, never skip anything, which is why alot of players kick me from groups, because i refuse to skip scenes.

Though i do think Bioware should remove all story elements from group content entirely or make special solo versions of said content, which they have done for some of the Flashpoints.