Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Day in the Life of Marauders and Sentinels

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A Day in the Life of Marauders and Sentinels
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

omaan
10.19.2019 , 06:58 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Hello everyone!

In our latest installment of our series showcasing the synergy of Set Bonuses and Tacticals, we published an article looking at Marauders and Sentinels.

The calm before the inevitable clash of this PvP match has settled over the arena. Our Concentration Sentinel has their target picked and is ready to pounce. In order to maintain the element of surprise, our Sentinel approaches under the cover of Force Camouflage. Taking advantage of the "Dashing Blademaster" Set Bonus, our Sentinel uses Blade Blitz to quickly close the distance, guaranteeing a critical hit as well as slowing any enemy it hits.

Not wanting to let this opportunity slip by, our Sentinel follows up with a fully charged Force Clarity, increasing the damage of their next four direct, single-target melee abilities. This is where the “Perseverance” Tactical item comes into play: by using Zealous Leap under the effect of Force Clarity, Zealous Leap is guaranteed to critically hit, stacking with the damage increase from Force Clarity. This allows our Concentration Sentinel to quickly finish off their target and prepare to ambush their next opponent.

????
For a top 1 mara and top 3 sent in season 10 i can't stop laughing at it..
HAHAHAHA using camouflage to approach enemies at start? ? Wasting such an important cd at start and opening with mad dash? Hahahaha pls stop writing things you have no idea about. It may work only in games with healers where mara can survive longer and if he knows enemies will go on other target and try to cc him at start. But in pure dps fights you are recked if you use camouflage like that. And these useless set bonuses makes me cry lol

KittyKat_Karrot
10.21.2019 , 10:41 AM | #12
"In order to maintain the element of surprise, our Marauder approaches under the cover of Force Camouflage. Taking advantage of the "Dashing Blademaster" Set Bonus, our Marauder uses Mad Dash to quickly close the distance."

I mean, we know you don't actually play the game, but you don't have to rub it in our faces...

DavidAtkinson
10.21.2019 , 10:54 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by KittyKat_Karrot View Post
"In order to maintain the element of surprise, our Marauder approaches under the cover of Force Camouflage. Taking advantage of the "Dashing Blademaster" Set Bonus, our Marauder uses Mad Dash to quickly close the distance."

I mean, we know you don't actually play the game, but you don't have to rub it in our faces...
Believe it or not a lot of Maruaders play like that in unranked arenas... They use camo early and attack from it, get globalled and die because they cannot vanish anymore.

So don't be so hard on the writers of this article. What you quoted is happening in the game and sometimes you can see it in ranked too.
Click the link below if you want to try out the game for 7 days as a sub or want extra game time added for free, enjoy:

http://www.swtor.com/r/3Qgyzv

Raansu
10.21.2019 , 02:07 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Believe it or not a lot of Maruaders play like that in unranked arenas... They use camo early and attack from it, get globalled and die because they cannot vanish anymore.

So don't be so hard on the writers of this article. What you quoted is happening in the game and sometimes you can see it in ranked too.
If I had to guess, they probably have the utility that stacks up your damage the longer you're in stealth.