3 strikes and you're out!

Ok, I learned quickly in this game the value of the 60 second stun powers, and how to give targets of them a wide berth, and especially ignore AOEs. So why is it, 3 groups in a row, I keep saying don't touch this target like Chris Matthews is gonna bust through your monitor, and still, they keep doing it? I mean, again, by level 20 I understood this concept, and very rarely do I hit those disabled, and hell, this time I was the one doing the mezzing, cause I was the tank! Which of course is the second rule, IMHO-wait till the tank starts beating on someone, then join in. :( Too late at night, and Im too old to babysit, heh.

Yeah quite amazed how many people dont understand the concept of not hitting the CCed target...

I often give people scares in FPs when I use my AOEs when there are CCed targets but I got a good grasp what the range is of my AoE so I dont break up the CCs...that is quite fun to do btw haha...

But soooo many dont grasp this concept!

But yeah...not a lot you can do about it Im afraid.

probably most people got used to out gear by miles flash point content, or being carried by over geared tank,healer or one good dps who can do outstanding dps so their weak dps is nullified.

you just see the difference in dpsers when one group LI hm lorric goes phase 2 right after second kolto tank (never saw 1 kolto tank tho) and few seconds later you run torwards the doors, and next pug run, you see them strugling for 5 kolto tanks, and then you know that burn phase will be 'fun' to heal..

"Shrap bomb/Explosive round is part of my rotation! I cannot do leet dps without it, so I will use it on that darned Hunter Creeper Droid, so he dies real quick and everyone /cheers me. It can't possibly have bad consequences for the cc'ed technicians right next to him, can it?"

i remember a run in EC where you face 6 or so mobs right before zorn and toth, a guy force sweeps in the middle of 4 cc'ed mobs--->wipe.

if it is one and you compensate taunting or putting it down fast there aren't problems but you can cause trouble to everyone.

i agree with the issue of people used to being overgeared for HM FP..love the new ones!

i remember a run in EC where you face 6 or so mobs right before zorn and toth, a guy force sweeps in the middle of 4 cc'ed mobs--->wipe.

if it is one and you compensate taunting or putting it down fast there aren't problems but you can cause trouble to everyone.

i agree with the issue of people used to being overgeared for HM FP..love the new ones!

I remember a ec sm run where someone got kicked back in exactly this mob group and pulled zorn and toth.

we had tons of fun and brought them down ^^

(I know it was only sm but two of us didn't know the bosses)

My guess is that a lot of people think a mob trapped in a whirlwind or whatever means 'time to hit this guy because he can't fight back!'

Rofl! This happened when i was on my sorc healer for Group finder Explosive conflict. an extra pack of mobs were aggroed by accident so i proceeded to cast whirlwind on one of those battlemaster guys. there were plenty of gold and weaker adds running around. the battlemaster was spinning around for a good 2 seconds and then the mercenary beside me started casting tracer missile. The projectile flew out and and i slooowly saw it flying to the direction of my cc'd battlemaster . :jawa_mad: Not only that he continued to blast the said battlemaster all by himself... rockets versus bullets... through out the fight! He was so determined it actually made me lol in the end. The group was finished clearing up the gold mobs and he was still battling the battlemaster 1v1 by himself >_<. That PUG only lasted about 2 attempts into Story mode firebrand and stormcaller :)

Edited by paowee

Now way, cc breakers are the best kind of players. Especially Inquisitors who come in and do that aoe knockback immediately after I do my aoe taunt when try to hold the mobs together for aoe attacks. Those guys/gals are the bestest!

Lol, yeah, see this one soo much too, it is really laughable.

Now way, cc breakers are the best kind of players. Especially Inquisitors who come in and do that aoe knockback immediately after I do my aoe taunt when try to hold the mobs together for aoe attacks. Those guys/gals are the bestest!

This.. and the dual lightsaber players Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee FORCE SWEEP/SMASH CC's!!!!!!

Especially Inquisitors who come in and do that aoe knockback immediately after I do my aoe taunt when try to hold the mobs together for aoe attacks. Those guys/gals are the bestest!

You are my spirit sibling.

You should have seen us doing 16 man Olok the Shadow. So many marauders breaking CC with Derp Saber Throw.

In their defense, isn't Saber Throw being AOE new to 2.0? Given the number of Sents I've seen using it the last two weeks (including a friend of mine), I'm suspecting they're having to break themselves of the habit.

Ok, I learned quickly in this game the value of the 60 second stun powers, and how to give targets of them a wide berth, and especially ignore AOEs. So why is it, 3 groups in a row, I keep saying don't touch this target like Chris Matthews is gonna bust through your monitor, and still, they keep doing it? I mean, again, by level 20 I understood this concept, and very rarely do I hit those disabled, and hell, this time I was the one doing the mezzing, cause I was the tank! Which of course is the second rule, IMHO-wait till the tank starts beating on someone, then join in. :( Too late at night, and Im too old to babysit, heh.

The best part is when the group leader says "Don't break CC" before the fight, and they do it anyway. And then the leader says "DON'T BREAK CC" and they do it again. /That's/ my favorite part.

I mean, again, by level 20 I understood this concept, and very rarely do I hit those disabled, and hell, this time I was the one doing the mezzing, cause I was the tank!

From my experience, sometimes it's not they don't understand the concept but they don't understand English. I mean it literally. I have found many instances, in an English speaking server, players reply back to you in Russian or something when you tell them not to break CC etc.

I took the plunge to run hard mode FP's for the first. I informed everyone that I was new to fp healing especially hard mode. Being an agent I could cc a humanoid and droid making life easier and reducing possibility of a wipe. Still the tank would go straight for the gold I'd cced. I'm just glad we didn't wipe

I took the plunge to run hard mode FP's for the first. I informed everyone that I was new to fp healing especially hard mode. Being an agent I could cc a humanoid and droid making life easier and reducing possibility of a wipe. Still the tank would go straight for the gold I'd cced. I'm just glad we didn't wipe

when my guild mates are trolling me on my healer by breaking Mezzes, they giggle 'we train you to be a better healer' :mad:

maybe tank was training you :D

I have been mezzing mobs in every MMO I've played and in every mmo I've played, my guild, bless them, have seemed to take disproportionate pleasure from breaking my damned stuns.

So to teach them all a lesson, when I'm on DPS, I deliberately target their mezzes and see how they like it!!

Ok - so they aren't really that bad :). I think the problem is, especially at low level, inexperience with MMOs. This game in particular appears to teach zerging behaviour right up until and even including end game. It's really only been the very hardest of content where CC is at all required in SWTOR. All of a sudden, players with no experience of tactics based combat are expected to use/avoid CC, stand in the right place, kill specific mobs in order and so forth - where previously it was Leeroy Jenkins, every DPS for themselves and blame the tank, then healer for wipes.

I've often said of MMO that lower level content needs to be more challenging, to train players in good practice. Sadly this then makes it less accessible, especially if there is a lot of group content for which people struggle to find allies. Thus the levelling part of the game tends to be very solo friendly and require little, if any, tactical thinking.

It's no wonder then, that when we hit challenging endgame content, we have to retrain players to step up their game beyond "best DPS rotation".

In their defense, isn't Saber Throw being AOE new to 2.0? Given the number of Sents I've seen using it the last two weeks (including a friend of mine), I'm suspecting they're having to break themselves of the habit.
It should have already been broken, Sentinels already had a annoying habit of leaping to the wrong target, so they should have a better understanding and pay special attention to their target before hitting Twin Saber Throw. Trust me, leveling my alt through the expansion I quickly learned the 30 M range of Twin Saber Throw. Having 3 and 4 mobs attacking you at once is fun and exciting when you have defensive cooldowns and/or heroic moments up, otherwise it can be a costly mistake depending on the level of the 3 or 4 mobs. When you are level 53 and you aggro a couple normal mobs and a mob with 2 Imperial 55 golds, and no defensive cooldowns or heroic moments, then it is just costly.
The best part is when the group leader says "Don't break CC" before the fight, and they do it anyway. And then the leader says "DON'T BREAK CC" and they do it again. /That's/ my favorite part.
My favorite is, “Don’t go into the next room” before the fight, after the fight “Don’t go into the next room” and then next thing you know they are in the next room. :p

I've often said of MMO that lower level content needs to be more challenging, to train players in good practice.
Make everyone first level a sawbones solo with difficulty set like it was at launch and everyone would learn to use and appreciate CC's. This is my first MMO, but leveling a sawbones on my first toon made me learn how to use CC's, interrupts and defensive cooldowns. Edited by mikebevo

i think some of the problem here is also making clear that if you're marking targets as being cc'd, make sure they know what the symbol is and that they don't think that the marked target's are the ones to attack. especially as a non native english speaker it could be difficult. in some Fp's you mark targets to signal the attack order and not that they are cc'd.

On my Shadow tank i just eliminate that problem by stealthing in mezzing the target, sprint out, pull the target to be hit first out from the vicinity of the mezzed target(s) and then everyone can go ahead and aoe the hell out of them, just make sure to give the rest of the mobs time to converge on the puller :p also there are some aoe abilities now that will only hit mezzed targets if they are being directly targeted or if they are in LOS, slow time is like that, and so is force wave, it no longer hits targets behind you, force breach however will

I think he is referring to the NEW 30m dual saber throw ability that maras/sents got in 2.0. So the entire skill is new, and is an AoE. There should be no habit to break.