why i think its better if EXP Was not given in Warzones

BoredOfMMOS

First off the exp you get from a warzone win is equal to that of about 2 side quests

but warzones of course take much less time and a quest would only be that short if you skip all the conversations. In theory someone could pvp from 10-50 purely without doing any quests and still be a viable level 50 by having pvp gear then getting carried in flashpoints.

Lowering the amount of exp would also be nice but getting rid of it would be the best solution in my eyes.

Thoughts?

Personally, I would be fine with this.

But probably this would cause a lot of tears.

as someone who enjoys pvp over pve I would like to see the experience stay. I like to level doing pvp but for those that don't want the experience I think it should be an option to turn exp off for warzones.

First off the exp you get from a warzone win is equal to that of about 2 side quests

but warzones of course take much less time and a quest would only be that short if you skip all the conversations. In theory someone could pvp from 10-50 purely without doing any quests and still be a viable level 50 by having pvp gear then getting carried in flashpoints.

Lowering the amount of exp would also be nice but getting rid of it would be the best solution in my eyes.

Thoughts?

Just asking, but why does this bother you? Is it that PvPer's might be able to level faster?

as someone who enjoys pvp over pve I would like to see the experience stay. I like to level doing pvp but for those that don't want the experience I think it should be an option to turn exp off for warzones.

then that becomes unfair advantage for people turning it off and on sure its a choice but by choosing your behind everyone else and handicapped.

i dislike it because i PVP to much dont check my level and then im 20 still on drumond kaas.

Just asking, but why does this bother you? Is it that PvPer's might be able to level faster?

Not at all i pvp alot im quite a heavy pvper but the exp is so much it pushes me away from pvp because i ended up as my IA sniper pvping for fun got carried away was lvl 20 starting drumound kaas

then that becomes unfair advantage for people turning it off and on sure its a choice but by choosing your behind everyone else and handicapped.

i dislike it because i PVP to much dont check my level and then im 20 still on drumond kaas.

In that case you're screwed either way, unless you are the one who hit world-first-50.

Having PvP give XP gives players alternate ways of earing XP when they want to take a break from regular questing/instancing, so I think it's great. If you don't like it, just avoid it?

i cant avoid pvp as i love pvp thats like saying "i don't like this raid boss lets never raid"

the exp is insane.

Apparently you get more xp then the rest of us, its like 7k for a win...

You winning better than us?

Depending on what game it is the score of the game the objective

Hutball iv capped 6 in one game and got 14k

others iv gotten no caps and just 6k

Still compared to a quest thats outrageous

Edited by BoredOfMMOS

Option to turn it off would be best solution, IMO.

Some people would rather level through PvP and that's fine, IMO. But then again, some people don't want to always be five or six levels above whatever their PvE progression is either. I know I spent a half a day PvP'ing and now I"m level 26 just getting to Nar Shaaddaa with level 21 mobs at the start.

I also think we should be able to turn off XP for Space Combat if we want to for the same reason. I like the systems and being able to make credits completing daillies and the like, but I don't like out-levelling the zone I'm in. And yes, I could proceed to a higher level zone, but then I'd be skipping content, which I also don't want to do.

I love that there is more than one way to gain experience.

Let me put it this way, I am rolling a sith inquisitor but next i want to roll a sith warrior. both class quests are diffrent, but the side quests are all the same stuff again as i just did no my sith inquisitor. I just cleared every quest possible on dromund kass and korriban.

If i can pvp to gain experience, then i can run the main quest and also do some pvp. Awesome. Sure beats doing the same quests again and again and again.

I love that there is more than one way to gain experience.

Let me put it this way, I am rolling a sith inquisitor but next i want to roll a sith warrior. both class quests are diffrent, but the side quests are all the same stuff again as i just did no my sith inquisitor. I just cleared every quest possible on dromund kass and korriban.

If i can pvp to gain experience, then i can run the main quest and also do some pvp. Awesome. Sure beats doing the same quests again and again and again.

i understand this and i also love this as side quests are extremely annoying after doing them one time. But i still dislike where my levels at after a day of heavy pvp

If you dont want to pvp dont queue for a battleground. Some people actually like to pvp and it should be more of an option than it currently is. Stop forcing people to play like you.

Some people like to PvP and don't want to get XP from it because they want to have fun without over-leveling a buddy or whatever.

I would personally appreciate an option to turn of XP gains for this reason.

i understand this and i also love this as side quests are extremely annoying after doing them one time. But i still dislike where my levels at after a day of heavy pvp

Perhaps an option to turn off experience gain would be a viable route.

Agreed with OP. Minimal XP for PvP please, let's not detract from the storyline-focus.

PS. I love PvP in WoW and being able to level up through it there, but not here.

Maybe it'll work out better if PvP gave XP ONLY on PvP servers, and minimal or no XP at all on non-PvP servers.

Edited by Wrevan

Thoughts?

My thought is wondering if we are playing the same game. I'm level 19 and spent hours in PvP; at least 5 today and doubt the total XP I received exceeds 1.5 levels. That is a ton less than I'd get doing quests and/or killing mobs.

-Gratus