Some intel on character selection screen

BenduKundalini

So at least we have the planet they're parked on.

But it would be great if we could see :

- what guild they're in

- last played

- any mails about to be destroyed (GTN sales!)

- any money in escrow or freed by resubbing

- unclaimed cartel items

Other ideas ?

[i have over 60 chars on two servers (60 +each) + some on the other servers... ]

Edited by BenduKundalini

So at least we have the planet they're parked on.

It would be nice if, when the character is on his/her ship, it also showed which planet the ship is on/at/in orbit over.

- what guild they're in

- last played

- any mails about to be destroyed (GTN sales!)

- any money in escrow or freed by resubbing

- unclaimed cartel items

How do you define "about to be destroyed"?

Money freed by resubbing isn't directly visible anywhere, because it pops back into your character's main wallet as soon as you resub. On the other hand, having the amount in the character's wallet might be nice.

I think that "unclaimed cartel items" should just be an indication yes/no that there are some rather than a list of what they are. I would have thought that having such an indicator would prevent people from deleting characters who have such items (usually the Togruta unlock), but there are repeated tales of people who claim to have "accidentally" started Jedi Under Siege.

It would be nice if, when the character is on his/her ship, it also showed which planet the ship is on/at/in orbit over.

How do you define "about to be destroyed"?.

when your mail becomes red... approaching the 30 days limit before deletion. This is especially bad for GTN sales.

Mails between characters bounce back to sender after 30 days, and after another 30 days get deleted. (I know you know, but this is for people reading this)

Yeah, just the indication that there is money in escrow or items pending, details not necessary.

What's with Jedi under siege ? it gave the togruta species ?

Edited by BenduKundalini

It doesn't itself, no; there's just a problem between those two things.

Basically, people buy the Togruta species and don't realise it comes as a token that the purchasing character has to use to unlock the race, not an automatic unlock... then 'accidently' start the Jedi Under Siege storyline without intending to - skipping over the preceeding content and causing the game to make default choices and, when the choices don't match up to what they want, delete the character to make a new one without ever actually using the Togruta species token...

Not at all. There have been numerous questions from people who clicked Buy on the Togruta unlock in the CM on a scratch character, then logged out to the selection screen, deleted the scratch character (even though it had items pending - specifically the unlock token - in the CM) and were unable to create a character.

The reference to JUS was that we've also had people claiming to have "accidentally" (using exactly that word) started JUS. You know the one, where you have a mini KOTOR-style cut-scene that warns you that it will complete previous stories followed by a popup panel that warns you the same thing and you have to say "yes" to both of them before it begins. You'd think people would say to themselves, "Hey, it says it will complete 'previous' content. Maybe I should ask on the forums what that will be," but no, they just click "OK" (as it were) on the things that are stopping them from beginning the story, and then realise they messed up.

If people can do that, a simple indicator on the character screen is not going to stop them deleting the character that has unclaimed CM items (e.g. the Togruta unlock).

I think it would have to be a flat refusal on the part of the game to do it.

Do you mean on the right hand side that shows the chars, or the big picture that shows the single char. The big picture would probably have the space to list a few important bits, but the small list probably wouldn't.

I'm assuming the big picture, but I've learned in these forums never to assume ;)