Kolto Infusion needs work

Migrayn

I don't know if any medics even use Kolto Infusion. It has an energy cost and take a valuable TA.

Now on top of that, I would like to use it for when kolto injection gets interrupted and is locked for 4s, but since it requires a TA sometimes you don't have that.

If the other healers get interrupted they just cast a different heal. We can't just do that. If we don't have a TA then we are just stuck without a heal to cast for 4s. That does not seem like a long time but for PvP it means death to your target or yourself.

They need to remove the TA requirement from Kolto Infusion. At least this way we could use it as a second heal. Since it heals for less then Kolto injection and takes almost as much energy, their is no reason to penalize it with a TA requirement.

The other healers have secondary effects on their heals like 10% armor. We do not have anything like that. We just get penalized by making our heals have a requirement for a buff to even use it.

I do belive that Kolto Infusion, isn't really intended to be a healer heal but one for someone to use if they've gone DPS and need a quick boost of health.

Going healer spec you get better speed on your first heal, as well as other 'better' heals.

Thats bull. Every Healer has a standard quick heal and a slow heal.

Saying that one of our heals are actually not intended to be used by healers is a lame excuse for a badly designed ability.

But yea, Kolto Infusion at this state is lackluster.

While Kolto Injection provides you with bigger heals AND a TA and Emergency Probe costs 0 energy, has no cast time and refunds your TA at -30% HP, makes Kolto Infusion a really bad choice to spend energy and TA on.

They should remove the TA cost from Kolto Infusion completely.

As a trade-off, put a cooldown on it of 8 seconds or something.

- People will still always use Kolto Injection because its the only way to reliably generate TA

- We finally get a proper "oh****" heal.

Or remove/lower the energy cost to use it if its going to require TA, personally I'd be quite happy with that since it'd make a good quick follow-up to injection as a speed heal and it'd take alot of the heat off my energy supply when I'm spam healing in a pinch as a dps spec. Even with stim boost buffed up with the talents from the concealment tree, its still insanely easy to tap out just doing 4-5 heals in rapid succession since energy regens incredibly slow once you dip under the halfway mark.

A lessened energy cost (or no cost at all asides from TA) would certainly beef op healing potential to match merc/commandos with their free 'healing bullets' and sages/sorcs who have crazy amounts of force to make use of (and powers that restore force rapidly if need be). All 4 of these AC's can be capable backup healers outside of the healing spec, whereas a non-healer op's get a burst of semi-average healing before running dry. I'd love to be able to heal more as a concealment spec when we're low on heals, but its pretty much impossible in prolonged battles.

It strikes me as kind of odd that the second heal we get is actually worse then the first heal whereas other AC's with healing options have a second heal that's superior to the first in terms of healing returns vs cost to use. Yeah it costs a bit less compared to our initial heal but it has a situational requirement and heals for 200-300 less for a measly 5 energy difference, that's not really a fair trade giving how limited our energy pool is.

Edited by Ticoune

Kolto infusion needs more than work. Other than PvP it is useless now cause it is a drain on our energy problem. And in PvP it is only useful to fool the enemy: You know that they will interrupt your casting and you will not be able to cast main heal for another 4 seconds, so you start casting Kolto infusion. Enemy interrupts it, now you can use your Kolto injection without being afraid to be interrupted. Other than this, to cast it to ask for a wipe in any HM.

What makes me more sad is that the Rakata Field Medic's Gear 4 pieces gives the bonus: Increases the critical chance of Kolto Infusion and Kolto Pack by 15%.

Even with critical procced, Injection+Surgical Probe is the only option, no operative can afford 20 energy for this junk (Our energy regen rate is 5 only above 60). So 4 pieces of Rakata gear gives nothing to us :(

So sad, but even the end game gear clearly shows the neglect for ops/scs. The developers didn't notice that for long :( And they don't care.

Since we are the only healer that can be really locked out for 4s from healing due to how sucky that heal is means we have even more reason to get it fixed.

When our 1 heal is interrupted we need another heal to cast. Both other healers have one that does not require some buff to use.

The presence of a infusion oriented 4pc bonus on the field medic set implies that this ability is not simply meant to be for non-medics.

I'm a big believer that removing the TA requirement is necessary to work this into medic builds.

Since it does not build TA, and still takes energy, it wont replace Injection or Surgical, but provide an adequate backup heal to either.

There might be an argument for giving it a longer cooldown as well - though im not sure if thats entirely necessary.

Currently the only real usage in pve i've seen is on the foreman fight where the frenzy can require a mana dump at the cost of efficiency.

In PvP, it is difficult to bait-cast with - as you first need to build TA to cast it, meaning that your prime TA builder is still open to interrupt.

I really want the ability to start using my full arsenal

Arsenal? Seriously? THAT's how you choose to describe our toolkit?

If you ask me, it more accurately describes what Mercs get.

The Sorcs get the Hummer Tank with fully functional gatling turret and bonus Kevlar body armor for the whole family.

The Mercs get the entire aisle of Nerf products at a Super Toys'R'Us.

We Operatives get stuck with the plastic horseshoe game, ages 5 and up. :rolleyes: