Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

CourtneyWoods

You are not alone! While I wouldnt say that I didnt want the expansion, I certainly was not willing to pay an additional $10 for it. I was also happy staying as a 50, though it WAS starting to get borig

Im quite happy to play all the new content now that it is open to all subs though :)

I know, since they gave zero coins to anybody who bought it early, and 1050 coins to anybody who bought it just before it was made free to subscribers, maybe they should have given you 2010 coins for never having purchased it at all as compensation for not having access to the new material for the past five months.

Edited by Exly

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious as to when we will get our cartel coins BIOWARE? Yes those of us whom purchased the game expansion earlier then a month ago got a little title that really isn't worth it. you may say we got to play the expansion early for say $2.00 a month then but when the subscription price go up? We still had to pay for our subscription. :eek: I'm trying not to be rude and such but I'm having a hard time understanding this? We can't even sell our title on the GTN due to it being bound to our characters already once we pick it up. :mad: Maybe you can clarify this for me on how it is those people that purchased the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion within the last month were to receive 1050 cartel coins but those players whom purchased the expansion back when you had it as a pre-order before the expansion was released get a title only. Please Explain why to me on why you thought this was a good idea? why are you rewarding those players with whom purchased this within the last month with a much more valuable commodity then those whom has purchased it when it was on pre-order?

I'm curious as to when we will get our cartel coins BIOWARE? Yes those of us whom purchased the game expansion earlier then a month ago got a little title that really isn't worth it. you may say we got to play the expansion early for say $2.00 a month then but when the subscription price go up? We still had to pay for our subscription. :eek: I'm trying not to be rude and such but I'm having a hard time understanding this? We can't even sell our title on the GTN due to it being bound to our characters already once we pick it up. :mad: Maybe you can clarify this for me on how it is those people that purchased the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion within the last month were to receive 1050 cartel coins but those players whom purchased the expansion back when you had it as a pre-order before the expansion was released get a title only. Please Explain why to me on why you thought this was a good idea? why are you rewarding those players with whom purchased this within the last month with a much more valuable commodity then those whom has purchased it when it was on pre-order?

You got to play the expansion early, much earlier. You also received:

The Dr. Oggurobb Hutt Holostatue: Train under the illustrious Hutt scientist Dr. Oggurobb with this portable training device that he created in his own image.

"Scourge of the Hutts" Title: Republic and Imperial forces that adorn this title will be revered across the galaxy.

The Makrin Seedling Mini-Pet: Get your very own Makrin Seedling to follow you around and creep out your enemies! Possessing bark-like skin and grass-like nerve-rich tissues that blend in perfectly with Makeb’s environment, the Makrin Seedling has a distinguishing and eerie look!

Because the players who purchased during that period are, in many regions in which SWTOR operates, due a full cash refund of the difference between the price they paid and the new purchase price. In this case, that's a full cash refund. EA would rather give them 1,050 cartel coins than return their $10.

You do not get the same consideration because, having purchased outside of the refund window, you have no right to a refund.

Edited by DarthTHC

Ever since the cartel store subs have had less value to EA. Sad to say I am not surprised by what they did I am just done with it. I really hope things change for the better for this game someday. I will now go f2p just like everyone else before me. I just feeling rather stupid I did not switch at day 1 now.

Did anyone else not get their "Risen" title? After hearing other guild members mention getting theirs, I realized that I did not get it. Then I started thinking, "Hey maybe they gave me the Cartel Coins instead!" Nope, just nothing.

I also saw the "Risen" title already on my server. I purchased RotHC the first day it was available for pre-order and have been a sub since early start without a break. Well, the news says the title arrives before the 25th. So, I will be patient until tomorrow. But if there is no title in my mailbox until then, CS better have a very good explanation.

Otherwise.

Otherwise what?

Exactly!

I also saw the "Risen" title already on my server. I purchased RotHC the first day it was available for pre-order and have been a sub since early start without a break. Well, the news says the title arrives before the 25th. So, I will be patient until tomorrow. But if there is no title in my mailbox until then, CS better have a very good explanation.

Otherwise.

Otherwise what?

Exactly!

Lol. Same here, no title yet. While I am not a title wearing sort, I would not mind getting what I qualify for in case I change my mind lol. Well it did say by, or on, the 25th. Perhaps I will see it before midnight and it turns to the 26th. Was not going to say anything, but was curious and saw this page. But aye...same here. Pre-ordered RoTHC and have been a continuous sub since as early as the game would allow.

Not the end of the world, just curious.

Well, as if being a pre-orderer of the expansion, and not getting a CC grant is bad enough, I haven't even gotten my monthly alottment for this month either. I added a new game card 3 weeks ago, and still haven't recieved any Cartel Coins at all for the new month. And the new month started when I entered it. I had a 3day gap of no subscription in between.

Still mad about this whole situation. As has been said, those of us that DO subscribe, are getting kicked to the curb.

Well, as if being a pre-orderer of the expansion, and not getting a CC grant is bad enough, I haven't even gotten my monthly alottment for this month either. I added a new game card 3 weeks ago, and still haven't recieved any Cartel Coins at all for the new month. And the new month started when I entered it. I had a 3day gap of no subscription in between.

Still mad about this whole situation. As has been said, those of us that DO subscribe, are getting kicked to the curb.

I do believe it is allocated on the 1 month anniversary. So yes, you started a NEW month when you entered the game card, but will not get coins until anniversary next month. Meaning because you lapsed for 3 days, that automatically resets the counter, so unfortunately you more than likely won't be receiving them this month.

um... a title?

Really?

:rolleyes:

ok so i was bladesoffire legacy and now kinghighfighter sents i.v been on i.v lvled alot of characters though most dont or they hack to the point do yall thank doing patchs like its a ****en relgines going to help no it dosent haveing ppl that no what their doing dos my step fother told me what happened to galexy and to meany ptchs will do the same thing all so the mail thing and credit thing sould be something we can buy for when were free to play cuz some can.t aford subing i mean yall have so much for subcribing it all most isent free to play thats fact any who the fact is hows the game running if yall dont have but a buck 25 now to eplane every 1 knows star trek charges money but unlike yall you get stuff by lvling their isent 1 reward taken away you get a ship every ten lvls but sertent ships and 1 shuttle you have to be a subcriber to use only 1 ship and 1 shuttle your not starving for it that i no for a fact and galexy didet go down do to money it went down cuz yall ****ed up the programing just like your doing to this game as well i.m not ************ i.m trying to help you and save it at the same time 1 things for seur yalls money hongry prove me and alot of other gamers wrong hell prove the wanna bes wrong king out

ok so i was bladesoffire legacy and now kinghighfighter sents i.v been on i.v lvled alot of characters though most dont or they hack to the point do yall thank doing patchs like its a ****en relgines going to help no it dosent haveing ppl that no what their doing dos my step fother told me what happened to galexy and to meany ptchs will do the same thing all so the mail thing and credit thing sould be something we can buy for when were free to play cuz some can.t aford subing i mean yall have so much for subcribing it all most isent free to play thats fact any who the fact is hows the game running if yall dont have but a buck 25 now to eplane every 1 knows star trek charges money but unlike yall you get stuff by lvling their isent 1 reward taken away you get a ship every ten lvls but sertent ships and 1 shuttle you have to be a subcriber to use only 1 ship and 1 shuttle your not starving for it that i no for a fact and galexy didet go down do to money it went down cuz yall ****ed up the programing just like your doing to this game as well i.m not ************ i.m trying to help you and save it at the same time 1 things for seur yalls money hongry prove me and alot of other gamers wrong hell prove the wanna bes wrong king out

FTP is to draw you to sub. There in it to make money.

Don't care for much of the angst in this thread. The expansion was cheap, and I got to experience and enjoy it as soon as it got released, with all of its features.

It's like asking for a refund on a blockbuster ticket/DVD because it now costs 5 bucks as opposite to 20, or because it now runs on free Television.

But yes, I'd like something more than a silly title. The expansion preorder rewards were great - I'm using the Hutt trainer for all of my alts, and it's an immense QoL bonus.

FTP is to draw you to sub. There in it to make money.

and if they weren't making money we wouldn't have a star wars MMO, I fail to see your point.

As far as the expansion goin to FTP players, I have absolutely no problem with it and I'm a subscriber. I got to do the content awhile back, and I welcome more players on Makeb. I do dailies there and like seeing more people around.

and if they weren't making money we wouldn't have a star wars MMO, I fail to see your point.

As far as the expansion goin to FTP players, I have absolutely no problem with it and I'm a subscriber. I got to do the content awhile back, and I welcome more players on Makeb. I do dailies there and like seeing more people around.

But it's not going to the F2Pers. Just free to the subscribers who don't already own it.

If you read what the person I quoted said you would of seen my point. He thinks that everything in the game should be free. Btw good luck understanding him I had to pull out my leet dictionary to follow that post:)

Don't care for much of the angst in this thread. The expansion was cheap, and I got to experience and enjoy it as soon as it got released, with all of its features.

It's like asking for a refund on a blockbuster ticket/DVD because it now costs 5 bucks as opposite to 20, or because it now runs on free Television.

But yes, I'd like something more than a silly title. The expansion preorder rewards were great - I'm using the Hutt trainer for all of my alts, and it's an immense QoL bonus.

Quoted for truth.

I would happily pay the ten dollars just for the trainer. This on top of the pet and being able to level up before others and get new gear and see new content was well worth the price of 2 hamburger meals.

Well, you got a pet and a pocket trainer plus another silly title. Not to mention 6 months of access to RotHC. What more do you want?