Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

NEW Outfit designer: Cannot unify colors

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
NEW Outfit designer: Cannot unify colors

-Snakesan-
04.28.2015 , 01:06 PM | #11
Unify colors isn't applying to the rest of your currently equipped gear either. If I have a chest and boots placed into slot one the unify colors option should apply the chest color to my entire outfit, including my currently equipped gear.

Unless the "all-or-nothing" approach is how it's "intended" to work.
Sha-Kasan TheMagnificent Cerak'Thul Lovesponge KrisJenner

The Snakesan Legacy

MatthewSphilli
04.28.2015 , 08:37 PM | #12
Struggled with this myself. The solution is to "stamp" every single piece of gear, and confirm changes. If I want to use the belt or bracers or whatever that's already equipped, I take it off and then select it on the appropriate costume tab. Allowing it show because its the actual gear you have equipped won't work.

Annoying and costly, but at least I have my unify colors back. Would love to know if this is intended

Parkooth
04.29.2015 , 04:15 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by GoldenHornet View Post
Did no-one test this? Or did this somehow creep in while publishing to live?
It worked perfectly when I tested it on the PTS a month or so ago. Another example of them breaking something between PTS & Live.

antzee
04.30.2015 , 05:47 AM | #14
I don't know if this is working as intended...

I just want to use a different pair of pants and boots with my default gear, but you can't unify them with the default gear?

You have to use a different chestpiece too?

Or is it just broken..

Nomaad
04.30.2015 , 07:35 AM | #15
Would like to see bw response to this one.

bluemustache
05.02.2015 , 11:57 AM | #16
unify color isn't working on the outfit screen, you have to manually check the slots

also, the character selection/dye issue, you have to add the gear to the outfit to "fix" it, even if you don't have a reason to add it to.

@edit:
unifying colors made my War hero eliminator chestguard (which is white + yellow/black on pubisde) look like i'm using a white/black dye module, there is no yellow anywhere
but on character sheet it looks ok O_o
The Ryoku Legacy, so many titles that there is a scroll bar. now i need a bigger screen for them all

eLectryx
05.02.2015 , 12:20 PM | #17
I did the following:

1. Opened up a new slot.
2. Added only a leg piece to change from the default gearing
3. Tried to unify before committing changes by both clicking unify and trying to check each box.
4. Committed changes and tried unifying both ways again.

Didn't work. The dye in the chest piece was there before the new system. Then I did the following:

Unequipped from my main armor slot all the armor pieces. Put them on in the new slot, tried to unify, nothing. Committed the changes and hit unify and it worked. So basically, if you are only changing only one or a couple pieces from the default set, take them all off and put all the pieces on you want in the new slot and commit. Then it works.

Kunovega
05.03.2015 , 03:16 AM | #18
Unify colors does work; it simply has limitations

1. All the pieces you want to apply color to must be stamped on the same set tab. Pieces showing through from another tab will not always work, or if they bug out and appear to work they will lose color between zones (solution: stamp them all on one tab and apply what you want)

2. You can not preview from the overlay tabs until the pieces are stamped. Since anything you stamp is going to be bound anyway, do all of your previewing on the gear tab for free before stamping to decide exactly what will be going into a tab that you have to pay for

3. You can not unify colors on the base gear tab if you are displaying one of the overlays. Only one unify is going to work and it's going to be the one currently applied. Pieces showing through are not connected (solution: stamp them on the same tab, no see through pieces)

Basically you just need to get in the habit of filling all the slots and actually stamping, and than apply the tab before you start unifying. And your previews need to be done on the gear page so its not costing you stamps to experiment

I've had no problems using unify colors (with only one dye in the chest) to meet all the usual things you can do, it's just a matter of knowing the limitations of the current system.
This is not the signature you're looking for... But since you are here, use this link:
http://www.swtor.com/r/Xv5WwL
Get free stuff (mailed to you in game on every character) and a Free Character Transfer!

Kissakias
05.03.2015 , 05:59 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
You put the dye in the chestpeice before you placed it in the outfit slot on the outfit tab?
Yes need to POINT that out for many ppl so far
Join us and earn gooood rewards using my referral http://www.swtor.com/r/ZvPhZd... Be a suber today!!
--62000-achievement points--

JediRelentless
05.03.2015 , 02:49 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
You put the dye in the chestpeice before you placed it in the outfit slot on the outfit tab?
From Dulfy's Guide:
"Dye system is now a bit different. You can apply dyes in one of two ways. You can apply dyes to an armor piece before you place it into an outfit slot. This will apply this dye to all the outfit tabs this armor piece is in.

Alternatively, you can dye a piece once it is inside an outfit slot using the stamp dye window which you activate by ctrl + right click. This will apply the dye to that armor piece in ONLY that outfit tab. If you remove or replace that armor piece in that outfit tab, the dye will be destroyed. The dye get used up with both methods. "

http://dulfy.net/2015/03/20/swtor-ou...esigner-guide/