Official: Over 1.7 million active subs, 2 + mil sold

Improv-

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is rather odd, actually. I remember from a previous investors meeting from some time last year where he said pretty much the same thing as this call. In fact, I remember thinking to myself that it was almost an exact word-for-word of what he said. I'll see if I can find that particular call.

Of course, it could be just my memory playing tricks. The mind tends to do funny things once we guys hit "that certain age."

I really, really think the tinfoil hat is a bit too tight.

And that is the first comment most Guerilla marketers make when someone talks about this regardless of the personal history they have had with said companies or the links they provide that proves it does indeed exists.

When you consider that a majority of WoWs active subs are asian gold farmers, I can't help but wonder if TOR has officially de-throned WoW in terms of active US/European subscribers.

Today is a good day, a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

I'm having a difficult time believing you actually said that.

What is especially amazing is that people assume that ''Blizzard pay people to ruin the game reputation on Bioware forums''...

but not that EA pay people to praise the game

EA and Activision...

Yes, the people here on the forums praising the game is exactly why SWTOR is doing so well.

/sarcasm

Edited by Tygranir

Number's look great! Good going on SWTOR's behalf. Let's hope they hold up for you guys eh? My sub runs out on the 18th I think. I just don't like it. Tired of the same formula of gear grinding, been doing it too long. My problem alone. :)

Haters will hate.

Trolls will troll.

Fanboys will always be retarded and blind.

Bronies? We love and tolerate everything - even all of the above.

Keep your chins up, stay modest, and enjoy the game guys!

Edited by VenthiosLestaran

What does this have to do with this thread? EA still got your money.

well considering the thread has been 50 pages of talking about when the profits indicate, current / past subs and future sub discussion then yeah.

Edited by Arzhanin
Insulting others

Offtopic, but this is crazy....

800 paid fake forum commenter with 25.000 fake accounts doing viral marketing and spike in activity on a World of Warcraft chat :eek:

Yep but according to Lethality...despite those facts if you mention such things your tinfoil hat is too tight. :rolleyes:

Yep when I was consulting for SOE they had a company called Viralbuzz shopping them their biggest selling point was they helped Blizzard retain customers through three competitors launches. When you see these make $40.00 a day online ads....most of the time it is working for some type of Astroturfing company.

It has been painfully obvious that there is a group like that on these forums...many times however the Mods know about them and they are taken care of...but these companies will buy ten to fifteen subs for every person they have working on a specific account. of course many Trolls still gladly grief a new MMO just for the lulz and they have no problem buying a couple accounts to keep the fun rolling.

This is why Arenanet refuses to have official forums; Mile O'Brian Anets CEO will tell you many horror stories about Astroturfers, Disgruntled fans of other games and plain ol Trolls and how they can screw up a vibrant community.

As Gabe and Tycho once said: They are among us

Absolutely.

This isn't tin foil hat stuff, folks, it's real. And people in this very thread are a part of this, without any question.

well considering the thread has been 50 pages of talking about when the profits indicate, current / past subs and future sub discussion then yeah.

I was just saying that you paid your sub, you are an active subscriber. If you don't play, I doubt EA will care, as they already have your money.

Edited by Arzhanin
Quoted removed content

First month is the largest drop, even if they even out at only 500k in 6 months Id be more than happy.

Yep when I was consulting for SOE they had a company called Viralbuzz shopping them their biggest selling point was they helped Blizzard retain customers through three competitors launches. When you see these make $40.00 a day online ads....most of the time it is working for some type of Astroturfing company.

It has been painfully obvious that there is a group like that on these forums...many times however the Mods know about them and they are taken care of...but these companies will buy ten to fifteen subs for every person they have working on a specific account. of course many Trolls still gladly grief a new MMO just for the lulz and they have no problem buying a couple accounts to keep the fun rolling.

This is why Arenanet refuses to have official forums; Mile O'Brian Anets CEO will tell you many horror stories about Astroturfers, Disgruntled fans of other games and plain ol Trolls and how they can screw up a vibrant community.

As Gabe and Tycho once said: They are among us

LOL@comic. I admit I do enjoy my fair share of trolling around here, as is probably evident in my post history, but I would hate to not have the forums for legitimate discussions as well. I mean it really does create a cesspool of a community on the forums, but generally its much different ingame.

That is rather odd, actually. I remember from a previous investors meeting from some time last year where he said pretty much the same thing as this call. In fact, I remember thinking to myself that it was almost an exact word-for-word of what he said. I'll see if I can find that particular call.

Of course, it could be just my memory playing tricks. The mind tends to do funny things once we guys hit "that certain age."

My guess would be that it's simply that they changed the budget (i.e - went over their previous budget estimate), between last February when that quote was reported, and this last earnings call. It's not that they lied then... but the truth changed between those two points. ;)

Offtopic, but this is crazy....

800 paid fake forum commenter with 25.000 fake accounts doing viral marketing and spike in activity on a World of Warcraft chat :eek:

Actually, the current Conservative gov't in Canada does the same thing: they've hired some people to go to Internet forums and--ahem--correct errors they see specifically relating to the gov't or to their policies.

Sometimes you can even see them at work which is funny. A certain topic will go for hours with a certain, normal pattern of commentary, and then BOOM suddenly a bunch of people come in chiming very similar messages in support of that party/gov't.

Absolutely.

This isn't tin foil hat stuff, folks, it's real. And people in this very thread are a part of this, without any question.

I'm all for disagreement, but what you're doing is trying to spread a bit of fear and paranoia. I don't think that's appropriate.

I was just saying that you paid your sub, you are an active subscriber. If you don't play, I doubt EA will care, as they already have your money.

oh no I still play, just the clocks ticking down etc. My account will stay active until then.

The way I see it peoples subscriptions are all pretty close together due to it being a fresh game.

Those few days depending on when player got into early access are going to be interesting each month as each month the supposed 1.7 million or whatever it is will re-examine subscription.

Like I have etc.

Edited by Arzhanin
Quoted removed content

Exactly, at the 6 month mark you see how well it will do. Same thing happened with warhammer it had 1.2 Million people in 12 days but see how that turned out. 6 months from now will tell.

The goal posts...they are a-movin'!!

So after 6 months and the game is still going strong and not f2p, what will the excuse be then?

First month is the largest drop, even if they even out at only 500k in 6 months Id be more than happy.

LOL@comic. I admit I do enjoy my fair share of trolling around here, as is probably evident in my post history, but I would hate to not have the forums for legitimate discussions as well. I mean it really does create a cesspool of a community on the forums, but generally its much different ingame.

You know really this is the first MMO I have ever played where the forums are toxic as hell but most folks in-game are incredibly nice and helpful....it kinda makes you do a :eek: when you first experience it.

Yeah I like official forums as well the company I'm currently consulting for (Relic Games ) has pretty much made up their mind that there won't be an official forum....instead the IP holder will host a small forum where you can submit posts for approval....I think it's a mistake but I'm not corporate just a hired gun. I think official forums help the community but I also think that developers are way too lax on people who are just there to disrupt the forums, my motto is ban fast ban hard and ban often.

:)