2374 Alacrity Strategy

Aussircaex

Greetings,

I'm starting to look at min/maxing my Arsenal merc and Gunnery commando, and it seems going for the 1.3s Alacrity threshold is considered desirable along with the 3% bonus of the spec. Has anyone found a combination of enhancements and augments to hit as close to the 2374 target number without going over too much?

Appreciate the input.

Recent theorycrafting goes against those rigid caps for classes with casts and energy management (mercenary having both those things)

Only GCD is rounded and has a "cap". Extra alacrity helps for heat management and casts, so there is no such thing as wasting alacrity points.

For 1.3 imo you should use that great spreadsheet and focus on getting enhancements / mods with as much stats as possible : if you have to sacrifice stats to get the exact "2374" number, its not worth it at all.

TLDR: follow that spreadsheet, get R18 enh and R2 mods as much as possible, profit.

Recent theorycrafting goes against those rigid caps for classes with casts and energy management (mercenary having both those things)

Only GCD is rounded and has a "cap". Extra alacrity helps for heat management and casts, so there is no such thing as wasting alacrity points.

For 1.3 imo you should use that great spreadsheet and focus on getting enhancements / mods with as much stats as possible : if you have to sacrifice stats to get the exact "2374" number, its not worth it at all.

TLDR: follow that spreadsheet, get R18 enh and R2 mods as much as possible, profit.

Agree with the above. My sheet shows how to hit the GCD thresholds because that is what a lot of people had interest in. It shows certain alt-builds with those thresholds in mind. However, due to the nature of trying to keep it concise I didn't that ridiculous amount of build options that happen between the 1.4s and 1.3s GCD.

The way to read the sheet properly is "this is how you reach the threshold in the most efficient way" but if you want to go over that threshold for other reasons it also gives you the most remaining stat to work with as well.

1.4s GCD is accomplished over 7%, but a lot of heavy-cast rotations do well with 10% (which is under the ~15% you need for 1.3s GCD).

Basically use my sheet as a starting point, and adjust do what works beat for you!