LFG Tool (Transport to Fleet and Not to Original Location)

Anyone else find it somewhat inconvenient that the LFG tool puts you back on the fleet and not back to the place you were at originally. I find this to be a rather large inconvenience myself because it pretty much means that I need to queue for LFG on the fleet instead of on multiple planets as I don't want to spend the time traveling back to my original location.

How is this different than before. You would stand around the fleet shouting or waiting for shouts. If you were off somewhere else and a buddy said, "Hey let's go with this group and do a flashpoint." You would have to travel to fleet and when you were done, travel back. Not understanding what your problem is?

It's because that's the way pretty much every other group finder tool works. You're out in the world queued up for a dungeon, the queue pops, you accept it, get sent to the dungeon, finish it, and the game sends you back to where you were before you accepted the queue.

Anyone else find it somewhat inconvenient that the LFG tool puts you back on the fleet and not back to the place you were at originally. I find this to be a rather large inconvenience myself because it pretty much means that I need to queue for LFG on the fleet instead of on multiple planets as I don't want to spend the time traveling back to my original location.

Before the group finder, you would have to stand around on fleet spamming LFG trying to find a group to do a flashpoint. During this time you were able to pretty much do NOTHING else.

Now, you can enter the queue, go do whatever you want, do the Flashpoint when a group is put together, and then travel 5 minutes or less back to your original destination.

You're upset about this?

Before the group finder, you would have to stand around on fleet spamming LFG trying to find a group to do a flashpoint. During this time you were able to pretty much do NOTHING else.

Now, you can enter the queue, go do whatever you want, do the Flashpoint when a group is put together, and then travel 5 minutes or less back to your original destination.

You're upset about this?

Yes, that's exactly what I find irritating about this. I don't like the interruption (the travel back time) in what I'm currently doing on a planet. It's time needlessly wasted to get back to the point I was at with whatever I was doing on that planet in the first place. In Rift the LFG tool would drop you back to your original location. Why not in SWTOR as well? They already do this for PvP. It's a quality of life thing.

And you seem to think that I'm against the LFG tool in some way. Which isn't the case. It is a nice addition, but that doesn't mean just because its there it can't be improved upon. All I'm saying is it would be a step in the right direction for it to drop you back in your original location.

I want to have my cake and eat it too!

Edited by RattyRattail

Yes, that's exactly what I find irritating about this. I don't like the interruption in what I'm currently doing on a planet.

Then don't use it. It's that simple.

Bioware has stated that, as the way flashpoints are currently set up, they can't pop you back to where you were. I think they said they are looking at changing it but I don't remember for sure.

I have to agree with the OP I dont really care for that either. I think it would be more convenient to have it drop you back where you zoned from. Not that im complaining about the LFG tool I think its great so far.

One of the other things to consider, and probably why BW says it's a problem. There are a bunch of Flashpoints where you have to talk to Satele Shan (republic side) after you complete the Flashpoint. This would likely have to be removed or modified if you didn't return to the Flashpoint entrance. Just thinking this may explain it for now. :jawa_angel:

Then you should not use group finder.

And even if it did send you back to where you were, it would still interrupt what you were doing when you go in to do the flashpoint.

If you're gong to quote someone make sure to include the whole sentence :rak_06:. I said I dislike the interruption where I have to travel back to my original location. If I'm using the group finder I'm obviously fine with interrupting my regular scheduled programming to run the flashpoint, but I would prefer if it would drop me back to my original location so I can pick up right where I left off.

This is how there PvP system works. I believe that the same system should be used with their LFG tool.

If you're fine with the way it works. That's great. I just feel it can be improved upon, and was trying to see if others felt the same way. I really enjoyed Rifts system for this where it would plant you back at your take off point, and it also included cross-server queues for PvE as well as PvP.

One of the other things to consider, and probably why BW says it's a problem. There are a bunch of Flashpoints where you have to talk to Satele Shan (republic side) after you complete the Flashpoint. This would likely have to be removed or modified if you didn't return to the Flashpoint entrance. Just thinking this may explain it for now. :jawa_angel:

Yeah, I was wondering if this was the system that prevented it. Empire side has the same thing where you talk to Malgus at the end. Solution to this might be to put everyone in the conversation when you zone out of the flashpoint, and then just deposit you back your jump off point after the conversation ends.

Edited by RattyRattail

It's because that's the way pretty much every other group finder tool works. You're out in the world queued up for a dungeon, the queue pops, you accept it, get sent to the dungeon, finish it, and the game sends you back to where you were before you accepted the queue.

^^^ This. With this a time sink is removed from having to run back to where you were at, and creates a more fluid experience for the player.

^^This. I agree with the OP that it would be nice for the Finder to send you back to where you were but a lot of FPs and World groupings require you to turn in the quest to complete it. A nice work around would be for it to send you back to your origin they let you Holocall in the completed quest with the people that were just in your group incase there are more social points to get during the turn in dialogue, or give you a choice of where it sends you. But I am enjoying the finder very much and am fine with it working the way it is until they update it the way i want (wink wink, nudge nudge)

^^This. I agree with the OP that it would be nice for the Finder to send you back to where you were but a lot of FPs and World groupings require you to turn in the quest to complete it. A nice work around would be for it to send you back to your origin they let you Holocall in the completed quest with the people that were just in your group incase there are more social points to get during the turn in dialogue, or give you a choice of where it sends you. But I am enjoying the finder very much and am fine with it working the way it is until they update it the way i want (wink wink, nudge nudge)

Yeah!!!! A constructive post! :w_smile:

I totally agree with what you are saying here. I too, will continue to use the tool as it makes finding the lower level groups for flashpoints much easier, but I'll still hold on to hope that they will adjust the drop-off point.

A selection of where you would like to be dropped would be excellent. Fleet or Original Location. I like it!

Yeah!!!! A constructive post! :w_smile:

I totally agree with what you are saying here. I too, will continue to use the tool as it makes finding the lower level groups for flashpoints much easier, but I'll still hold on to hope that they will adjust the drop-off point.

A selection of where you would like to be dropped would be excellent. Fleet or Original Location. I like it!

HAHA thanks! Barely ever post but when I do I try and make it useful. Well accept this post, which is only to toot my own horn.

I got on the forums today just to find such a thread. I agree that the group finder is a huge improvement over spamming chat (which I never even bothered to do on my old "dead" server). I'd prefer to be out doing dailies while I am queued. It would be nice not to be mid-Belsavis when my queue pops (which I won't turn down for dailies), only to have to travel back, and have it pop again before I get going on my dailies again. One of the things I was looking foward to with the group finder was not having to stand around on fleet when I have no more errands to run. I'd rather be out completing dailies and not just seeing how many times I can travel to them. Still, this game is much improved over WoW in too many other ways for me to go back...