Give back our Expertise!

HexDecimalUK

and see, some of us prefer having expertise in play, because it keeps raiders in PvE from having the easy path to gear.

but right now, the solution is absolutely half-assed.

Even that I really don't give a flip about. If some PvEer wants to PvP, I'm fine with him using his top tier PvE gear and being competitive in PvP - the converse should also be true though, and it isn't.

What really has me irked is that my EWH gear now provides me ZERO protection outside of WZ's...like, for example, on MAKEB! Where paths do cross. Where I have been camped. Where well geared players will go for lulz. They've completely **edit**ed me with this move because Expertise DOES apply outside of WZ's.

What they NEED to do is enable "Bolster" on all of Makeb imo. It's the only fair way to go about this...because right now, they've completely screwed over PvPers who are leveling, by making them the easiest targets in-game.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol man

you must be new to mmo

In this game you get to have full gear AND min/maxed in 2 less than 2 weeks....

what are you talking about?

In every other game it would take me months to get the level of the gear i get here in 2 weeks (softcore playing)

Less than 2 weeks for full gear? I think your on crack! It took me 3 weeks to get full columi on my Merc Healer and 2 weeks to even get 2 Rakata pieces! I am a subscriber mind you.

Are you that special that you didnt realize new gear was coming out and you spent it on ewh gear? I know I wouldnt take someone like you on my ranked team based off of this comment alone. Nobody will be running ranked until they hit 55 and get close to full gear as it is so quit your whining.

I hit lvl 55 and was rdy to do ranked five hours after the pre release hit. I wasn't worried about building up my coms again. That is why I spent them and because I now had a perfect set of min/maxed EWH gear that could easily help me thru to more coms. Which turned out to be a waste of my time and coms, and only a waste because they removed all the expertise off my gear because of silly oversights that the pts should have provided thru testing. Oh and if I wanted to be on your ranked team I could be, and I could probably easily take your spot. So talk less, think more and try and keep this post on topic which is "Give back our Expertise" rather then singling people out and insulting them.

I am simply amazed at the amount of people that think level 50 PvP gear would be used at 55. It was announced a new gear set was coming out which is essentially a gear reset of they would've made the partisan gear an ilevel higher it would've resolved this issue.

I get why they didn't but they have caused multiple issues by doing this one if which is PvE hilts/barrels being BiS which is BS if it turns out that is the case.

I can't imagine they would force us PvPers to raid to get equal level gear for PvP. If so I sign that petition get it fixed ASAP.

Also *** is up with the WZ training dummy set it back to character level I know it's not a huge deal but even at 50 it's about unhittable.

I love what they did. I didnt pve with my Sin since I made my jugg to 50, now I have dps and tank grade 63 gear, and Makeb, Here I COME :)

Cheers:p

Same i now have a few 50 alts in like basically full min/maxed bh now ;_; and my sents ewh is better then his pve set xD (i was full ewh for pvp and mainly just bh for pve)

Edited by AngusFTW

Same i now have a few 50 alts in like basically full min/maxed bh now ;_; and my sents ewh is better then his pve set xD (i was full ewh for pvp and mainly just bh for pve)

Pity they didn't do it from day 1, I would not have to spend daily comms to upgrade some pve gear that now has been replaced with my old pvp stuff.

ah well..

Here's the really funny part about all of this. I had early access and leveled my sniper on the first day. One week later , I'm full Partisan with my Conquer main hand and relics. The War Hero gear was passed down to my companions and I haven't given it second thought.

I just don't understand why ppl are complaining so much. Even if you're a casual player, you'll be in WH gear for TWO WEEKS and after that, you'll forget all about it.

ok, I'm done trying to rationalize this post, because it hurts my brain. Please continue with your WINNING

/popcorn

Here's the really funny part about all of this. I had early access and leveled my sniper on the first day. One week later , I'm full Partisan with my Conquer main hand and relics. The War Hero gear was passed down to my companions and I haven't given it second thought.

I just don't understand why ppl are complaining so much. Even if you're a casual player, you'll be in WH gear for TWO WEEKS and after that, you'll forget all about it.

ok, I'm done trying to rationalize this post, because it hurts my brain. Please continue with your WINNING

/popcorn

Probably because most casuals are being destroyed right now by full partisans at 55. So instead, what you're getting is 95% of games being....

Premade- 55 kills each, win in half the time, 15 medals each.

Other team- 0 kills each, 2-3 medals each as they're locked down and slaughtered in seconds without any effort.

These casuals not only aren't going to get their gear in just 2 weeks, they're going to spend the entire trip being utterly decimated.

Premades were bad before- but this has the tipped the scales so grossly in their favour it's not even a match anymore.

Probably because most casuals are being destroyed right now by full partisans at 55. So instead, what you're getting is 95% of games being....

Premade- 55 kills each, win in half the time, 15 medals each.

Other team- 0 kills each, 2-3 medals each as they're locked down and slaughtered in seconds without any effort.

These casuals not only aren't going to get their gear in just 2 weeks, they're going to spend the entire trip being utterly decimated.

Premades were bad before- but this has the tipped the scales so grossly in their favour it's not even a match anymore.

I knew I'd regret actually responding to this thread, because now I'm sucked into the QQ drama instead of just watching it from the cheap seats. I'll miss you popcorn.....

First, if a casual player can't get geared in 2 weeks, with them basically giving out pvp gear, then there's really not a lot more we can say. They seem to have enough time to make QQ post about something that'll be irrelevant in a couple of weeks.

Second, most casual players will get rolled in wz anyway and no level of gear will help them. So, given the post on these forums, I'm starting to realize that some people won't be happy until BW forces everyone to be a clicker and keyboard turner.

Ill make this short and simple as my long post was lost.

I along with many others has spent countless hours earning EWH gear. to have it turned into PvE gear.

I have compared my EWH stats prior to the hotfix to after in 55 WZ, 1,975 expertise prior, to 1543 post.

My 63 PvE gear in 55 WZ is 1,563 expertise.

My main stats on EWH are very similar to my 63 PvE set, but for PvE my PvE set is better.

In short my PvE set is better than my EWH for both PvE and PvP, thus my time spent in PvP, and WZ/RWZ coms has gone to waste.

I was upset to see that after 2.0, I had to gind new gear for PvP that was barely better than EWH, that cost much less than EWH, but I felt confident that my EWH would give me an advantage over players that had never PvPed before 55.

Boy I was seriously wrong as BW decided to f*** me and others even harder by removing expertise from WH/EWH.

I did not use my EWH gear for just WZs, I also used it on planets for solo/group/ops PvP.

I have a solution to make all happy, Put a vender on fleet that will buy back WH/EWH gear for WZ/RWZ coms.

I would gladly get rid of this newly useless gear for WZ/RWZ or even a set of partisan gear.

Until then I will not PvP, and I will continue thinking about not renewing my subscription, as if this happens once it can happen again, and I will not waste any more of my time on a game that punishes avid players.

I see a lot of people posting about how their time was wasted getting EWH gear and such and are absolutely amazed that when the game expanded and the level cap changed their gear was useless. Play MMO's much?!? Its the name of the game and has been for years. Levels change your awesome gear you spent months PvPing/raiding for is useless just so you can level up and do it again. Here's a spoiler if/when the level cap changes again Conq gear will be useless as well... If you can't live with this then MMO's aren't for you because unfortunately it's how they work. So either enjoy working to min/max your new gear or move on because your complaints were old years ago... This isn't new and whining isn't going to change it...

So you actually think WH and EWH gear is viable at level 55? Because if you do, that is your problem right there... You are not supposed to wear that gear at 55, that was level 50 gear and is obsolete at 55. Why is that so hard for people to understand?

I thought thats why we have bolster I can wear anything i want, so what i am suppose to wear? Is underwear OK?

I see a lot of people posting about how their time was wasted getting EWH gear and such and are absolutely amazed that when the game expanded and the level cap changed their gear was useless. Play MMO's much?!? Its the name of the game and has been for years. Levels change your awesome gear you spent months PvPing/raiding for is useless just so you can level up and do it again. Here's a spoiler if/when the level cap changes again Conq gear will be useless as well... If you can't live with this then MMO's aren't for you because unfortunately it's how they work. So either enjoy working to min/max your new gear or move on because your complaints were old years ago... This isn't new and whining isn't going to change it...

Did you read my post ? obviously not because i stated in it that I was aware new gear was coming out , and i would have to grind new gear. you dum**********. The PvE gear used at level 50 can still be used in 55 content and i am still mostly wearing 50 gear for 55 content. READ MY POST I SAID THIS ALREADY! WHY CANT MY EWH HAVE EXPERTISE? OOOOH I KNOW THE DEVELOPERS CREATED BOLSTER AND CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO FIX IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I EARNED THAT GEAR, AND I HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE EXPERTISE ON IT. YOU DUMB*****S THAT KEEP REPLYING "ARE YOU A NOOB TO MMOs?" f*** OFF. WHEN NEW GEAR COME OUT U CAN STILL USE IT TO GET THE NEW GEAR, IT JUST DONT BECOME USELESS OVERNIGHT LIKE MY EWH DID.

IM WILLING TO BET 99% OF THE A** HATS THAT HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE HOT FIX DID LITTLE TO NO PVP, SO IM SURE YOU WOULD NOT BE UPSET.

PI*SEDTHEF***OFF

I was upset to see that after 2.0, I had to gind new gear for PvP that was barely better than EWH.

I got to this point in your post and had to stop. I was completely min/max EWH and grinding a new set of gear absolutely sucks, but that's part of the game. However, you've obviously not looked at Partisan gear if you think it's "barely better than EWH". There's tons of additional main stat and endurance on the gear.

Did you read my post ? obviously not because i stated in it that I was aware new gear was coming out , and i would have to grind new gear. you dum**********. The PvE gear used at level 50 can still be used in 55 content and i am still mostly wearing 50 gear for 55 content. READ MY POST I SAID THIS ALREADY! WHY CANT MY EWH HAVE EXPERTISE? OOOOH I KNOW THE DEVELOPERS CREATED BOLSTER AND CANT FIGURE OUT HOW TO FIX IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I EARNED THAT GEAR, AND I HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE EXPERTISE ON IT. YOU DUMB*****S THAT KEEP REPLYING "ARE YOU A NOOB TO MMOs?" f*** OFF. WHEN NEW GEAR COME OUT U CAN STILL USE IT TO GET THE NEW GEAR, IT JUST DONT BECOME USELESS OVERNIGHT LIKE MY EWH DID.

IM WILLING TO BET 99% OF THE A** HATS THAT HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE HOT FIX DID LITTLE TO NO PVP, SO IM SURE YOU WOULD NOT BE UPSET.

PI*SEDTHEF***OFF

Now this is the entertainment that I expect from these forums.

http://imageshack.us/a/img189/9474/popcorne.jpg

The only thing I'm really pissed about re: my loss of EWH anymore is that I'm still stuck with the Energy Shield 2 pc. bonus. Since they've given me essentially DG, can I please also have the 2pc. bonus to Supercharged Gas plz?