Future Patches on Hold now?

Trevalon

So with F2P they had a content patch drought while they got ready for the super awesome Cartel Market.

Now Supposedly we were going to get Makeb, Cathar, and Illum in patches for free. Suddently, out of the blue, Makeb is going to cost everyone 10-20 bucks and they are calling it an "expansion" but in reality they know and we all know its not a true "expansion."

Who wants to put some money right now that Illum as well as Cathar are going to be pushed back and included in the "Expansion" It certainly would feel more "expansiony" with that content.

Sorry for all those waiting for their free Illum and Cathar, but I would bet you 5000 cartel coins that they are now going to be part of the new ROTHC.

Ya know, I find it kind of ironic that they made it about the Hutts considering the whole lore behind what the Hutts are... Bioware ...Hutts...

It all makes sense now!

Edited by Trevalon

Even better, Cathar have already been announced as a Cash Shop only item. Ilum is a vague hint of a promise about something that may or may not actually happen and likely isn't nearly as big or important as some people have read into it being.

I wouldnt be shocked if they did and touted the reason for it as they are working on the expansion.

Yeah a game that has seen a steady decline on subs is not going to release new content for many months to come, that'll sure fix things. :rolleyes:

1.7 will be on the PTR very soon so you'll just have to be shocked.

Yeah a game that has seen a steady decline on subs is not going to release new content for many months to come, that'll sure fix things. :rolleyes:

1.7 will be on the PTR very soon so you'll just have to be shocked.

ow ye cos making subs pay for a patch wont hurt will it. They simply do not care anymore.

Edited by Shingara

well lets look at this as a devils advocate ok.

Release content at the rate they said we would get it and that leaves less content for the so called expansion to justify a cost ontop of subscriptions which would show makeb for what it is, a big content patch. Or hold everything back for makeb, break there promise of content releases and have the makeb patch.... sorry expansion be bigger then what it actually is by simply hordin all the content between then and now.

And hey, bioware dont break there word right.... right ? ( looks at ohlen running away from hickman)

Edited by Shingara

lol! I cant wait for all the defenders to be "shocked" when they announce all this stuff is being pushed back to the expansion.

Well from what I've read and seen in the Q&A, the plan has been set for sometime. Speculation on my part, but from the interviews it seems these things are being treated on separate time tables. And we know that the next major patch, 1.7 will be Illum.

My guess is that they will remain separate as they have different teams working on them and they are at different stages in the dev process. Pretty common practice. Only time will tell. But we should know in mid Jan.

Edited by Rafaman

Well from what I've read and seen in the Q&A, the plan has been set for sometime. Speculation on my part, but from the interviews it seems these things are being treated on separate time tables. And we know that the next major patch, 1.7 will be Illum.

My guess is that they will remain separate as they have different teams working on them and they are at different stages in the dev process. Pretty common practice. Only time will tell. But we should know in mid Jan.

Yeap, and we also knew that Makeb was going to be a free content patch....Just wait sir, 1.7 is already pushed back to Jan/Feb, to which it will be pushed back again to Feb/March and then suddenly its going to get lumped into ROTHC....Do you think the "were pushing 1.7 back for the Holiday's" was the truth? LoL! With all the lies Bioware has thrown around I am surprised you would believe this one....Its being pushed back so that we will forget it was promised us so it can be lumped into ROTHC

Just wait and see.

Edited by Trevalon

This gets worse every day, and is fast becoming a format I can't stomach. Putting things like a new race in the cash shop that people will have to buy on top of a subscription is not acceptable, and makes me want to see this game burned to the ground along with the corporation. Edited by Hambunctious

This is not logic. It is assumptions not based on evidence.

How do you figure there is no evidence to support this? Content creation is done months and some times years in advance.

June 2012: Makeb, HK-51, and all Asation content announced as "coming soon" at E3.

July 2012: Free to Play announced.

August 2012: Asation WZ fully playable at both Gamescon and Tokyo Gameshow

September 2012: Asation content inexplicably split up. 1.4 launches with operation only.

October 2012: Asation daily area launched, still no WZ that was playable in August. F2P launches.

December 2012: Asation wz launches. Makeb content that was announced as a general content update by devs at E3 because "it is not a true expansion" is advertised to cost $10-$20.

It is so blatantly obvious what is happening here. Makeb, HK-51 quest, and Makeb were all already in the pipeline prior to the announcement of F2P as general content updates for the first 12-15 months of the game. They were already being made and in the pipeline prior to the decision to move to F2P.

F2P launches and content for sale is needed quickly. Because that content has yet to be created, content already in the pipeline is moved from general release to pay content. Because of the gap in content releases and early trouble Asation content remained free for subscribers but for sale for F2P'ers. In order to hit their 6 week content release schedule, Asation is split up into three patches, 1.4-1.6, rather than one patch containing all corresponding content. (For example, 1.2 included a new Op, daily area, and WZ that were all based on the Denova story line. All content from 1.4-1.6 is based on the Asation story line but was split up to spread out the content over time.) Then Makeb is pulled from general release and made into pay content even though "it is not a true expansion".

They are milking us. And by their own presentation we know of no other content in the pipeline except for the rumored space project, which may have just been the new missions we got in 1.6 and the re-release of Ilum that has no release window and may be tied to this "expansion".

I have no problem paying for an expansion. What I have a problem with is them presenting content 6 months ago as general release content because by their own admission it is not a full expansion and then deciding they will charge for it because they chose to switch pay methods on their customers. Then to boot they Alison Berryman confirmed today that CC will not be able to be used to purchase the expansion further sticking it to subscribers.

If content is to be released every six weeks, and you give them a break because of the holidays, and the "expansion" will be out in Spring, which probably means mid-April to late May, then you at minimum have one six week content window mid to late February. If Ilum is not attached to the "expansion," as it should not be because that was launch game content that BW broke, and they can relaunch it in that window then that is likely the only content we will see from now until this expansion.

The evidence is clearly there and it is most certainly based on logic. However, one can chose to ignore it.