Contraband Slot Machine

DreadtechSavant

From the Patch Notes

•The Contraband Slot Machine Stronghold Decoration can no longer be donated to Guilds. Any that are already donated will remain in place.

Just out of curiosity BW......Why?

I already have it in my guild stronghold but really see little to no point in this change. As such if you could can you give a detailed explanation for doing this? Just to try and understand as it makes little sense, well I say little sense in-fact makes no sense at all. The change makes no difference to me as the one I have in guild stronghold is not being removed, but still would like to understand your reasoning behind it.

Anyway thank you for the Patch Notes Eric. Still going though some of it but the above just stood out to me as a very odd thing to do.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

It's a very peculiar change, to make just one decoration no longer be able to be donated. I guess we can be grateful that they even mentioned it in patch notes, so we have a chance to make some last-minute donations, but it's still weird. Seems better if they move in the direction of more and more decorations made able to be donated to guilds, not away from that.

Was just wondering this as well. I wonder if they have some plan for them to be made available in some directly purchased way from the CM or something. They wouldn't do something like that though, would they?

Besides this the only other thing I could think of is it's a big money sink. They want to clear up a lot of credits--and thus the increase in prices across the board--and by taking this ability away it forces GMs to have to purchase some of the ones still floating around in the wild out there. I've seen those priced as high as 400m. Lowest I've seen was last week at around 90m. I expect this will drive the prices up again.

Probably it is exactly as it is written in the Onslaught Patch Notes, no more - no less.

The conclusion, recapped in two bullet points, is:

• The Contraband Slot Machine can no longer be donated to guilds (i.e. drag and drop the decoration item to the "Donate Decoration" section of the Guild Bank window);
  • The Contraband Slot Machine can still be Purchased for Guild via the Decoration Preview interface for already owned personal decorations. The cost is unchanged and will remain 50,000 credits per purchase.

Probably it is exactly as it is written in the Onslaught Patch Notes, no more - no less.

• The Contraband Slot Machine can no longer be donated to guilds (i.e. drag and drop the decoration item to the "Donate Decoration" section of the Guild Bank window);
  • The Contraband Slot Machine can still be Purchased for Guild via the Decoration Preview interface for already owned personal decorations. The cost is unchanged and will remain 50,000 credits per purchase.

That’s a good point, because I know I’d be angry if I spent 100m to acquire one, only to find out I could donate it for 50k. I reckon that points to how difficult it is to use that personal decoration interface than anything else.

That really does not change my question, or answer it. So many decorations can be brought via preview interface in-fact more can than can't for guilds, yet only the CSM is singled out. (also the second line you quoted I could not find) I already have the CSM so was not a complaint in any way, it was as mentioned in my original post a question of curiosity more than anything else. If BW had said decorations that can be brought via the preview interface can no longer be directly donated to guilds, it would have made perfect sense. But just this single decoration out of all of them ? Sorry it makes no sense at all. As for cost of the decoration? Many decorations cost just as much to buy. So again makes little sense to me why this single decoration is singled out as an exception from todays patch.

Again it's a question of curiosity, nothing more.

The conclusion, recapped in two bullet points, is: ..snip...

The only point in the patch notes about it actually says:

The Contraband Slot Machine Stronghold Decoration can no longer be donated to Guilds. Any that are already donated will remain in place.

It says nothing about it still being donatable via the preview panel. Don't get me wrong as I hope things work out in the way you described with your two points but until things go live we won't know for sure.

The only point in the patch notes about it actually says:

It says nothing about it still being donatable via the preview panel. Don't get me wrong as I hope things work out in the way you described with your two points but until things go live we won't know for sure.

I have just checked, and I still have the option to donate the Contraband Slot Machine to my guild for 50k credits.

What's interesting is that the Contraband Slot Machine is now available via direct purchase on the Cartel Market... for 1,500 Cartel Coins.

Really EA? Really? 1,500 for a single decoration that's been nerfed into oblivion on payout? That's a bit much, don't you think?

I have just checked, and I still have the option to donate the Contraband Slot Machine to my guild for 50k credits.

What's interesting is that the Contraband Slot Machine is now available via direct purchase on the Cartel Market... for 1,500 Cartel Coins.

Really EA? Really? 1,500 for a single decoration that's been nerfed into oblivion on payout? That's a bit much, don't you think?

Well I mean you can purchase the HK-55 Bonus chapter from the CM for 3800 CC.

It doesn't really matter, because the Contraband Cartel coins are now 5000 credits (rather than 750 credits), which means you'll pay 5 million credits to get 1000 coins, which got me:

518 banned holovids (vendor value 259k)

386 prohibited medical supplies (vendor value 386k)

155 confiscated artwork (vendor value 387k)

3 green jawa scrap

5 blue jawa scrap

2 purple jawa scrap

0 contraband cartel certificates

So..to sum up...

and this has always been true of any decoration I suppose...

I join any random guild and can donate a copy of the one I already have for 50k

Sounds like a business model for people with rare decorations.

"Pay me 100k and I'll join your guild so I can donate a copy to you."

If they really wanted to make a proper credit sink they could have implemented the guild donate for personal players to use in their own stronghold. Call it "Personal Stronghold Copies" Allow the players to buy additional clone/copies at high credit price depending on the decors rarity.

Ofc they will never do this because that would take away from their on-going monopoly in the cartel store (why would you put in a good feature for players when you can milk their wallets for overpriced decors in our store thousand times over!)

The vendor and slot machine token prices are atrocious and EAWare should be ashamed of themselves. We don't care for your 'surprise mechanic' gear either. Nobody wants to dice roll for their *********** gear!

As a proponent for getting Pazaak into this game as a side activity while waiting for a queue to pop I have notice that Bioware feels they are on shaky ground with anything that portends to virtual gambling. Probably the Electronic Arts legal department decreed at one time to steer clear of anything implicating them.

Or then again.

Maybe it's just part of the design. Besides the slot machines were nerfed into the ground ages ago.

Besides the slot machines were nerfed into the ground ages ago.

They really ruined the deco years back with a nerf that made them utterly useless. The slots were fun and a neat way to get jawa junk, obviously anytime something is enjoyable it needs to be nerfed. :rak_01:

Ok, now makes sense, Had not thought to look if it was now available as a direct sale.

I also agree for an item which is only a shadow of it was in the first few weeks as a decoration, 1.500cc does seem a lot.

It doesn't really matter, because the Contraband Cartel coins are now 5000 credits (rather than 750 credits), which means you'll pay 5 million credits to get 1000 coins, which got me:

518 banned holovids (vendor value 259k)

386 prohibited medical supplies (vendor value 386k)

155 confiscated artwork (vendor value 387k)

3 green jawa scrap

5 blue jawa scrap

2 purple jawa scrap

0 contraband cartel certificates

Which also adds to the fact its not worth what is been asked for it. I have it but only ever used it a few times to get rep points on at the time a f2p account to buy the holotrainers. I already has the certs from cartel packs. not used it for years.

Anyway I think with the replies we have had in this thread, my question has been answered, thanks everyone who posted.