Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question about Stronghold keys

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Question about Stronghold keys

LdyPirate
07.16.2017 , 11:57 PM | #1
If anyone can point me toward any info on the keys you can get for Strongholds Id appreciate it thanks. Just want to know what they do and who they can be given too if applicable. I've seen Gold Silver and Bronze for sale. Just really curious what they do and for whom. Thanks.

Wagerbane
07.19.2017 , 07:16 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by LdyPirate View Post
If anyone can point me toward any info on the keys you can get for Strongholds Id appreciate it thanks. Just want to know what they do and who they can be given too if applicable. I've seen Gold Silver and Bronze for sale. Just really curious what they do and for whom. Thanks.
It's more like invited the players into your stronghold while your stronghold is private. The Gold or bronze key gives full rights for players that in your family members can decorate your stronghold for you. Silver key for those are not in your family can not change your stronghold in private or public.

Own a Guild stronghold it will be auto setup for public and chances can get your guild master and guild stronghold get stolen from hackers at the fleet station from seeing on public listing board. Keep it private. I all ready lost a guild stronghold by experience was a waste of hard work time after it was 100% decorated. Recommend to put all that in your personal stronghold that needs to be private away from public listing.

casirabit
07.19.2017 , 08:05 AM | #3
Personal Strongholds:

Silver- Gives the person access to your stronghold and to invite others that are not on your list to your stronghold.
Bronze- Gives the person access to your stronghold only.
No Gold.

In a personal stronghold no one can decorate but you.

Guild strongholds:
Silver- Same as personal strongholds
Bronze- See above
Gold- Gives people access to decorate the guild stronghold. Be careful who you give this ability to because they are able to change a room someone else in the guild had already decorated.

What you may have seen is a person selling their services to copy decorations into the guild stronghold. They probably saying you can give them silver or bronze access and they will copy a decoration into your guild stronghold for xx amount.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Xina_LA
07.19.2017 , 10:36 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Wagerbane View Post
Own a Guild stronghold it will be auto setup for public and chances can get your guild master and guild stronghold get stolen from hackers at the fleet station from seeing on public listing board. Keep it private. I all ready lost a guild stronghold by experience was a waste of hard work time after it was 100% decorated. Recommend to put all that in your personal stronghold that needs to be private away from public listing.
I'm confused, what are you talking about here? A public listing on a Guild stronghold just means other people can visit it. It doesn't let them steal the stronghold or the guild. It doesn't give them a key to edit your decorations. Even if they removed all your decorations, they would go back to your guild inventory, not to the person who removed them.

On the topic of copying decorations to a Guild -- they only need a Bronze key, the default key when you invite them into your guild. Just do a simple /Invite and they can Purchase For Guild any decorations that qualify. If you're on Begeren Colony, look for Savaja (Empire) or Kiralyn (Republic), who is happy to do at-cost decoration copies.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

BenduKundalini
07.19.2017 , 10:52 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Personal Strongholds:
Silver- Gives the person access to your stronghold and to invite others that are not on your list to your stronghold.
You sure of that?

casirabit
07.19.2017 , 11:36 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by BenduKundalini View Post
You sure of that?
That was the way it was supposed to work. I haven't tested it even though I have a silver key to my boyfriend's stronghold and he has the ones to mine.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

CrazyScruffy
07.19.2017 , 01:43 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
That was the way it was supposed to work. I haven't tested it even though I have a silver key to my boyfriend's stronghold and he has the ones to mine.
i believe you are correct. and it has been that way since Strongholds came out. never had a single issue