Maybe its just me....

ColonelEvap

Maybe its just me or I don't understand but seeing as how you don't need tier 1 shells for tier 2 gear. What's the point of wasting UC on getting tier 1 now? On that note, is tier 1 even useful anymore as Operations now drop only 2 and above. This is me asking should I buy tier 1 with my UCs (yes I'm a heavy PVPer)

I thought it was tier 1 for tokens, which are not unassembled components (UC?). I have way more tokens than I use. But the only benefit I could see is if it gets you your set bonus?

Tier for one tokens? Idk what u mean but even then for set bonus. I just feel its a waste. Why would you waste 100 UC for tier 1 gear when you get can (and don't quote me on this I forgot exact numbers) get tier on that same piece slot for like 20-30 more UC. They honestly just need to remove tier 1 gear and get tier 2 gear out tier 1 command and so forth. It would make ppl happy and speed up the otherwise daunting process of gearing

Tier for one tokens? Idk what u mean but even then for set bonus. I just feel its a waste. Why would you waste 100 UC for tier 1 gear ...

That was my point. It's not UC. It's "command tokens". As per the thread that Keith posted the road map info in, over in general... "Full Tier 1 gear available from existing Fleet vendors using Command Tokens ".

Command Tokens are a different currency than Unassembled Components. You still don't get them until you start earning CXP I think, but you get a lot more command tokens than you do UC.

That was my point. It's not UC. It's "command tokens". As per the thread that Keith posted the road map info in, over in general... "Full Tier 1 gear available from existing Fleet vendors using Command Tokens "..

Didn't he say that was coming in a patch that hasn't happened yet?

good for set bonus, and its a good place to strt for new 70s

I'm js. Tier 1 seems pretty useless right now. Even with set bonus talking from a pvp standpoint. Why waste your time lol. Just some I noticed. When I get the rest of my UC. I'm skipping right past tier 1 and going straight to the tier 2 vendor

well, adds 1.5k dps to your rotation. second, each weapon upgrade you gain adds about 600 dps, this based on my sin going from 8.1 dps to 8.7 dps with just 242 to 248 main hand. now lets consider the bolster is set to 238 which is higher than 236, and tier 1 wont cost UC, so you have a cheap 1.5k dps add while you farm 236. seems like a good deal.