Does J.J. Abrams realize that VII must be the Best He Ever Made?

t-darko

Star Wars Episode VII will define any early and later work that Abrams ever done or will do!! Will he be the George Lazenby of Star Wars? Failed, misunderstood and loved only by them so deep in the Fan Core, they who love anyone for even trying or making an effort to give them a good experience on their Favorite subject, the love of their life!

As a hard tried Star Wars Fan it's easy to develop what I like to call 'The Basic Star Wars Fan Approach' - Hate it before you love it, if you love it, be overly critical and remember if they cared about Star Wars like we do it would be great from the start, but now I can't shake the feeling of being duped and sucked dry for cash!!!

I found some old stuff that gives us hope:

HIS FIRST STAR WARS MEMORY (2006):

“My first Star Wars memory was seeing the words ‘Star Wars‘ in Starlog Magazine and thinking it was a weird title,” Abrams recalls. “I remember seeing an early concept poster by Ralph McQuarrie for the movie. It stuck in my head even though I didn’t know what it was — but it looked important. My second memory is actually seeing it in the theater on opening day in Westwood at Avco Theater and never being the same again.”

ON SEEING REVENGE OF THE SITH (2006):

I was probably most affected by the end of the film when we are returned to some of the sets on the ship that we see in the first Star Wars movie, Episode IV,” Abrams says. “I was surprised by how good it felt to be home. Given all of the scope and scale of everything that had come before, there was something incredibly satisfying and warm and fuzzy about being back in those white hallways that sort of rekindled the feeling you had when you saw the Stars Wars universe for the first time.”

WHERE HE’D LIKE TO SEE STAR WARS GO NEXT (2008):

“I feel like the world of Star Wars has gotten to be so vast, not just in terms of the various mediums that Star Wars occupies, but because of the visual possibilities that technology has allowed and Industrial Light & Magic is so remarkably capable at creating. My favorite thing about Star Wars is the ability to tell an incredibly personal, intimate, and emotional story against a backdrop of conflict and battle that’s planetary and massive. What I would love to see is a story about characters that I am desperately entertained by and definitely care about, and keep that story as focused as possible and make more of that than the pyrotechnics of it all which to me is what makes Star Wars so brilliant. If it’s a TV show, that’s terrific. If it’s animated I’m all for it. If it’s a radio show or a video game or an online experience — whatever it is I would love to discover in this vast universe some new characters that make me feel the way that Luke, Leia, and Han Solo did.”

the whole article is found here and a old one that too like the quotes.

Now this is mostly a giant pep talk to my self, how many of you out there even know who George Lazenby is? For one thing reading the article some how convince me that Abrams is the right man for the job . . .

Lets just say that if its bad he will forever be known as Jar Jar Abrams.

I really want Jar Jar to be cameo'd, but it only to be his death. I really think Abrams would make a lot of fans happy with a:

EXT. CORUSCANT SKYLINE - EVENING

THE SKYLINE IS ABUZZ WITH SPEEDERS CRISS-CROSSING THE CITYSCAPE. THE CAMERA FOLLOWS AN ELEGANT SPEEDER AS IT PASSES INTO VIEW. IN THE DISTANCE A SMALL PUFF OF SMOKE CAN BE SEEN AS A ROCKET LEAVES ITS TRAIL, ON COURSE FOR THE SPEEDER OF FOCUS. WITHIN SECONDS THE SPEEDER IS OBLITERATED.

SECURITY OFFICAL

GET ME GENERAL SOLO! WHO WAS ON BOARD THAT SPEEDER?!

SECURITY OFFICER

SIR, THAT WAS REPRESENTATIVE BINKS'S SHUTTLE

Cut scene. Roll the credits.

Edited by Kremsau

I really want Jar Jar to be cameo'd, but it only to be his death. I really think Abrams would make a lot of fans happy with a:

THE SKYLINE IS ABUZZ WITH SPEEDERS CRISS-CROSSING THE CITYSCAPE. THE CAMERA FOLLOWS AN ELEGANT SPEEDER AS IT PASSES INTO VIEW. IN THE DISTANCE A SMALL PUFF OF SMOKE CAN BE SEEN AS A ROCKET LEAVES ITS TRAIL, ON COURSE FOR THE SPEEDER OF FOCUS. WITHIN SECONDS THE SPEEDER IS OBLITERATED.

SECURITY OFFICAL

SECURITY OFFICER

You sir, should be directing this movie

SECURITY OFFICAL

SECURITY OFFICER

OHMSS is one of the best of the Bond films. If Abrams becomes Lazenby he will have far exceeded my expectations of him.

Lazenby quit as Bond because his agent warned him about getting typecast, and he regretted it forever after. He wasn't sacked because he was rubbish or the film was bad or anything.