Kaggath Heats - Ascending Empire vs Alliance of Worlds

Beniboybling

“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Round 1: The Ascending Empire vs The Alliance of Worlds

Welcome to the opening heat of the ‘Kaggath Tournament’. In this second series the competition will be pitting the power bases of player made factions against each other in an epic tournament-style extravaganza.

For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two factions have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent - which this time have been chosen by the players. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s set out the ground rules of the Heats.

The arena: the known galaxy.

• Only those incorporated in the listed in the faction compilations below can take part in the Kaggath.
  • No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base, only that which falls under their sphere of influence i.e. contacts, access etc.
  • No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • No surrender, fight to the death!
  • Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
  • Factions are autonomous – players have no control over their factions decisions, this is determined by the nature of their leadership.

So, the combatants. Our very own King of the Kaggath – Aurbere – has submitted the Ascending Empire. An awesome amalgamation of imperial might and righteousness. While Tunewalker has submitted the Alliance of Worlds, a powerful confederation of the galaxies inheritors after the fall of the Galactic Empire. Behold the factions!

The Ascending Empire

Leadership

Head of State: Mon Mothma

Second-in-Command: Garm Bel Iblis

Allies: Plo Koon & Obi-Wan Kenobi

Supplier: Techno Union

Military

Minor Ground Force: 212th Clone Legion

Minor Ground Force: Imperial Knights

Minor Naval Force: Death Squadron

Minor Naval Force: Thrawn’s Fleet

Planets

Capital: Coruscant

Supply Base: Balmorra

Stronghold/Military Base: Anaxes

Shipyards: Kuat

Shipyards: Coreilla

vs

The Alliance of Worlds

Leadership

Head of State: Leia Organa Solo

Second-in-Command: Luke Skywalker (ROTJ)

Allies: IG-88 & Wedge Antilles

Supplier: Hapes Consortium

Military

Major Ground Force: Rebel Alliance Army

Naval Force: Galactic Alliance Navy

Planets

Capital: Arkania

Supply Base: Hapes

Stronghold/Military Base: Carida

Shipyards: Brentaal

Shipyards: Rendili

Both the Ascending Empire and the Alliance of Worlds have endless wealth, power and military might

– but who is greater, who will win?

Let the Kaggath begin!

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is, I can think of so many counters for the Strategy I'm not sure I'm even correct in my assumption of what it is... Any help? :/

Is it really that easy to take on or am I missing something? Lol

Well telling us what 'the Strategy' is would help...

Problem is, I can think of so many counters for the Strategy I'm not sure I'm even correct in my assumption of what it is... Any help? :/

Is it really that easy to take on or am I missing something? Lol

The Plo Koon strategy?

How good is the 212th Clone Battalion at flying spaceships?
How good is a Jedi at using the Force. Very good. Heck I'm sure even the Imperial Knights could pilot starships.

That said for the Alliance of Worlds to win the best strategy would be to steamroll to the Core before the Ascending Empire can get its act together. Like in the Sacking of Coruscant IG-88 could take out its defences and then BOOM!

How good is a Jedi at using the Force. Very good. Heck I'm sure even the Imperial Knights could pilot starships.

I didn't say they couldn't. I said how good are they at it?

From what I remember, the Rebel Alliance had ace pilots, trained to fly fighters and larger vessels. It seems that the 212th were a ground-based attack force. As were the Imperials Knights. Even if they can fly ships/fighters, I would assume that they could not fly them as well as Rebel Alliance pilots, because they are simply not trained for it as the Rebels are.

If the ground forces are flying the naval forces, it seems to me that the AoWs has the advantage in space combat, at least in skill

Edited by Warren-Stride

That said for the Alliance of Worlds to win the best strategy would be to steamroll to the Core before the Ascending Empire can get its act together. Like in the Sacking of Coruscant IG-88 could take out its defences and then BOOM!

Yeah, IG's the biggest threat here.

Good thing I've already devised plans to eliminate any other advantage the AoW may have.

In a battle of attrition, which I think is what this will come down to (honestly I don't see Tune winning a ground fight in the Core), the AE has superior resources at its disposal. the AoW however might be able to fight a successful defensive war while splitting the AE's forces up and picking them off bit by bit (like the Rebels did) till he has sufficiently weakened him to land a death blow.

But if AoW tried the above I imagine there would be a strike team including Plo Koon, Obi-wan, and some Imperial Knights knocking down Leia's front door at some point.

Also, IG-88 is something of a major threat considering he could hack Imperial systems rather easily..

Edited by StarSquirrel