Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Itís Raining CXP, Daily

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JediTahiri
08.30.2017 , 08:18 PM | #71
Every time something happens to make the game actually active again Bioware tries to fix it.
Bioware: Oh **** guys Iokath is giving too much CXP! fix it! so our brand new area will be a ghost town again!

They run double CXP events and see a drastic change is players actually doing things in the game. Then after a week drop it back to the boring grind fest and everything becomes a ghosttown again just like it will next week.

How about getting a clue and making a permanent adjustment to cxp since you are not smart enough to remove this god awful GC to begin with. It doesn't have to be the same rate of cxp but at least buff it permanently give people the motivation to do things.
Aela Surik - Jedi Guardian Tank on Star Forge
Caeden Marik - Sith Juggernaut Tank on Star Forge

Elssha
08.30.2017 , 08:29 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post

There's a legitimate reason to lower the CXP values as they are out of whack with the rest of the game, but there's an even more compelling reason to not lower it all the way back to 75 and to review the values across the board. I like a lot of your suggestions about rotating it, finding a good compromised amount, giving you a reason to visit these areas, and substantially reducing the time it takes to level up your alts (catch-up mechanic).

So, thanks for all the ideas. We'll decide what to do next week, but in the meantime, take advantage of this massive CXP change. I'm confident that'll help guide us in our discussions and decision about what to do next.

---Keith
It would be awesome if other 'lost' areas of the game get mixed in, too... I've only recently (been playing since 4.0) discovered areas of DK because of a reddit comment that led to a friend showing me a good dozen missions there I never knew existed.

Exploration missions, Planetary story arcs, the non-GSF on rails combat thing I've heard of (still not tried), etc could all use a good week event-type push where they rain CXP and get people to try them n.n

Jagaimee
08.30.2017 , 08:45 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by JediTahiri View Post
How about getting a clue and making a permanent adjustment to cxp since you are not smart enough to remove this god awful GC to begin with. It doesn't have to be the same rate of cxp but at least buff it permanently give people the motivation to do things.
I'm sure insulting the devs will get them to hop right to it. Don't be so rude.

On topic - I do hope they'll keep the increased CXP rates. I even find myself looking forward to gaining the next CXP rank, when before, with the reduced/normal rates, I could care less. It boosts player participation, turns former ghost towns into bustling quest areas... Please keep it, devs! It's good for the game.
"'But why,' some say, 'choose the moon? Why choose this as our goal?' And they might well ask, 'Why climb the highest mountain? Why, thirty-five years ago, fly the Atlantic?' Why click some random person's referral link?'"
- JFK...mostly. Save for that last part (FAQ about referral links)....... Quinnmancer

mrobviousinaz
08.30.2017 , 08:53 PM | #74
Thanks for the response, Keith. It has had a positive effect, so it would be great if you can capitalize on it. You are correct, that leveling up alts is a part of the pain. I do think adjusting the legacy CXP bonus to 100% or 50% per level 300 character in the legacy would also be a big help on top of some increased mission rates.

Xina_LA
08.30.2017 , 09:23 PM | #75
When I found out about the substantially increased CXP in the daily areas I had to go check if it was real. So, I tested it on my main characters, and validated it across a variety of other characters, and sure enough, it was true. I even used the CXP Perk, and the CXP 100% boost, just to see how much I could get on each quest.
IT'S A TRAP! I did Section X and Czerka. Then I went to Fleet to buy something from the Light-side vendor. That's when I noticed my Alignment had reset. I asked in General and several people told me it's a bug for doing Section X.

OMG I was Light 5 before that.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

LordTurin
08.30.2017 , 09:37 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post
IT'S A TRAP! I did Section X and Czerka. Then I went to Fleet to buy something from the Light-side vendor. That's when I noticed my Alignment had reset. I asked in General and several people told me it's a bug for doing Section X.

Make sure to toss this in a the bug report section asap.

But honestly, here is the thing I've noticed about CXP. When it gives a good amount (like 1 box every 10 minutes or so), people actually seem to really like it. It's when it is about 1 box every 30 minutes to an hour, that people really don't enjoy it.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

KeithKanneg
08.30.2017 , 09:44 PM | #77 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Xina_LA View Post

I just did Section X on my Dark V and my Light V toons and no impact. When you submit the bug, please try to identify everything you were doing/did - like I logged out when I finished the Aurora Cannon quest, or what you did immediately after leaving Section X. Don't give the details in this thread as it'll just get lost and our QA team won't pick it up.

Thanks,

Keith---
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

damonskye
08.30.2017 , 09:51 PM | #78
Hey all,

When I found out about the substantially increased CXP in the daily areas I had to go check if it was real. So, I tested it on my main characters, and validated it across a variety of other characters, and sure enough, it was true. I even used the CXP Perk, and the CXP 100% boost, just to see how much I could get on each quest.

Then, realizing we needed to stay indoors for the weekend, I decided to see how many Command Ranks I could gain on just one toon, by doing all the Daily Areas each day, along with daily FPs, and other normal activities. I managed to gain 200 levels and to echo a lot of your comments here, it was fun to see so many others on Yavin, in Black Hole, over on Iokath and Section X. I also did Oricon and had forgotten how fun those quests were to do, too.

There's a legitimate reason to lower the CXP values as they are out of whack with the rest of the game, but there's an even more compelling reason to not lower it all the way back to 75 and to review the values across the board. I like a lot of your suggestions about rotating it, finding a good compromised amount, giving you a reason to visit these areas, and substantially reducing the time it takes to level up your alts (catch-up mechanic).

So, thanks for all the ideas. We'll decide what to do next week, but in the meantime, take advantage of this massive CXP change. I'm confident that'll help guide us in our discussions and decision about what to do next.

---Keith
Keith, I implore you... please keep this. Rotate with these special weekly zones that are way over-CXP friendly.

I literally haven't had much of a compelling reason to log in the past couple months since I finished the story to its conclusion. It's just felt like a drag. But I read Dulfy every day because I also play GW2, and I saw the story about this, and I logged in tonight and I've loved moving ahead in levels. I don't need gear on my character, she's completely decked out in 230s so none of the gear has been useful. BUT... I keep doing the 'enhanced' dailies for these staggering amounts of CXP because higher levels are within my sights rather than a VERY distant dream.

This would make me continue my subscription until your next actual content release (like KOTFE/KOTET, not these patches that have an op boss or a single flashpoint I could care less about.) If someone had actually done this on purpose, this bug... well, that person should get an award for probably the best marketing decision all year. But as a bug, it's wonderful for your players. Please keep it.
"Story is flavor. Content is substance. ... SWTOR needs new content. Desperately."
- KeyboardNinja.

ongeburz
08.30.2017 , 09:56 PM | #79
Based on the CXP we get at the moment, we might be lvling to fast so my suggestion is to just cut it in half or provide a daily and weekly quest. Daily quest: Clear 2 daily area's (this quest gives a large amount of cxp (3000) , weekly quest: Clear 8 daily area's (grants 9000 cxp)

Totemdancer
08.30.2017 , 11:33 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

When we released Game Update 5.4 last week, we also introduced a bug which many of you have already noticed. The Daily Missions for Czerka, Oricon, Black Hole, Yavin 4, Ziost, Section X, and Iokath are rewarding substantially more CXP than intended. Instead of giving 75 CXP per Mission, they are currently awarding 1125. Thatís a lot of CXP! Proooobably a little more than we would like you to get. For that reason it was our intent that we would address this bug in tomorrowís patch. Well, the gods of Iokath were the only ones strong enough to overcome it. After tomorrowís patch, only Iokathís Dailies will be back to the appropriate CXP values. The other 6 Daily Areas will still be bugged, which means they will continue giving you crazy CXP (during double CXP!) until we fix them next week.

Until they are fixed next week, enjoy them. We tried to fix the bug, the bug didnít want to be fixed (pretty sure Keith sabotaged it, he loves all that CXP). So enjoy the extra CXP for a few more days.

-eric
Another nerf to make the grind longer and harder. When will you people realise you are driving people away by nerfing things that don't need it and with this ridiculous attitude of making the game less fun. All my friends and partner have quit the game because you just don't understand the players need for fun and not work.
Listen to the damn feed back of your players or if you don't care about it, at least be honest and tell us so we stop hanging around in the slim hope you'll get your act together.
I'm already being pressured by my partner and friends to unsub and go play another game and you continue to give them more ammo to convince me,