Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Itís Raining CXP, Daily

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darev's Avatar


Darev
08.30.2017 , 06:31 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hey all,

When I found out about the substantially increased CXP in the daily areas I had to go check if it was real. So, I tested it on my main characters, and validated it across a variety of other characters, and sure enough, it was true. I even used the CXP Perk, and the CXP 100% boost, just to see how much I could get on each quest.

Then, realizing we needed to stay indoors for the weekend, I decided to see how many Command Ranks I could gain on just one toon, by doing all the Daily Areas each day, along with daily FPs, and other normal activities. I managed to gain 200 levels and to echo a lot of your comments here, it was fun to see so many others on Yavin, in Black Hole, over on Iokath and Section X. I also did Oricon and had forgotten how fun those quests were to do, too.

There's a legitimate reason to lower the CXP values as they are out of whack with the rest of the game, but there's an even more compelling reason to not lower it all the way back to 75 and to review the values across the board. I like a lot of your suggestions about rotating it, finding a good compromised amount, giving you a reason to visit these areas, and substantially reducing the time it takes to level up your alts (catch-up mechanic).

So, thanks for all the ideas. We'll decide what to do next week, but in the meantime, take advantage of this massive CXP change. I'm confident that'll help guide us in our discussions and decision about what to do next.

---Keith
From what I've read in this thread many players who have routinely argued against CXP and it's RNG basis are praising this bug (as you commented on). I am one of those players. Not fond of GC as a whole (it's less bothersome now since you can completely gear w/o it) and not a fan of RNG in general. The bonus CXP, for me, over rides ALL of my complaints about the system. The benefits, now, far outweigh the things I don't like.

The ONE toon that's CXP 300 has gotten 50-70 tier 4 boxes since Thursday. 1/2 of my gear slots are 248. I'm sending the 246's to alts that are GC 40'ish.

The drive for this game shouldn't ONLY be about GETTING gear, but using it too. There's always a window when new gear levels come out where it's GRIND GRIND GRIND to get the best gear you can, but after that, people go back to playing the game and worrying less about the grind.

The grind is automatic and the rewards are obvious.

Whatever % you reduce it to (I hope not less than 50% it's current amount, and maybe rotate in ONE of the planetary daily areas at 100% of current value a week at a time) please keep it that the rewards are as obvious as they are now.

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
08.30.2017 , 06:34 PM | #62
Please leave it... It actually is a reasonable speed of cxp progressiona nd we see some traffic in daily areas!

Lxndra's Avatar


Lxndra
08.30.2017 , 06:35 PM | #63
Best bug ever.

This is what the legacy perk should have done to the cxp-for-alts experience.

MeNaCe-NZ's Avatar


MeNaCe-NZ
08.30.2017 , 06:44 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hey all,

When I found out about the substantially increased CXP in the daily areas I had to go check if it was real. So, I tested it on my main characters, and validated it across a variety of other characters, and sure enough, it was true. I even used the CXP Perk, and the CXP 100% boost, just to see how much I could get on each quest.

Then, realizing we needed to stay indoors for the weekend, I decided to see how many Command Ranks I could gain on just one toon, by doing all the Daily Areas each day, along with daily FPs, and other normal activities. I managed to gain 200 levels and to echo a lot of your comments here, it was fun to see so many others on Yavin, in Black Hole, over on Iokath and Section X. I also did Oricon and had forgotten how fun those quests were to do, too.

There's a legitimate reason to lower the CXP values as they are out of whack with the rest of the game, but there's an even more compelling reason to not lower it all the way back to 75 and to review the values across the board. I like a lot of your suggestions about rotating it, finding a good compromised amount, giving you a reason to visit these areas, and substantially reducing the time it takes to level up your alts (catch-up mechanic).

So, thanks for all the ideas. We'll decide what to do next week, but in the meantime, take advantage of this massive CXP change. I'm confident that'll help guide us in our discussions and decision about what to do next.

---Keith
Thanks for the reply.
I think the main issue I and other new players or friends that left have with CXP/GC is the tiers getting to that end tier where gear drops feel rewarding again. Even if we could buy Tier 2 or even 3 directly to get tier 4 we would still need trudge through the 2/3 tiers to get there (and that would just seem pointless if we just bought the gear outright).

It's this getting to 300 that is so daunting and detering from doing anything in the game because nothing feels rewarding anymore. Previously, as I mentioned, I felt rewarded from getting comms to get gear that made me end game stronger.

I also think beyond just how quickly we can level up GC now it's also good to see this sort of content feel rewarding again and it would be even better to spread it further.

Another point is sure you managed to get 200 levels but to be honest the majority of players aren't going to do this. The majority of players (many now who have left I'm sure your metrics will tell you) are casuals who just put in a few hours a day and want to feel rewarded for what they do, from this perspective GC was a good idea to offer up end game set bonus gear but the execution was rather atrocious.

So whatever angle you do you want to consider those points - faster to 300, make all content as fast as farming say FPs (I'd personally rather spend 2 hours doing different heroics or dailies than farming one FP repeatedly) and don't forget the casuals who you need to keep attracted to the game.
I think fast to 300 and all content relevant would achieve this - slow the grind down at 300 to normal of course, heck make the drops for BiS worse ... if people really want it they can use OPs or PVP to get it, I'd just be happy getting the best I can from 300+ and stoked when I do indeed get a gold drop.

Though in saying that if I were 300 I'd start doing HM OPs again as I pug and don't want to feel like a burden so I don't even try right now.

Anyway some things to consider.

MeNaCe-NZ's Avatar


MeNaCe-NZ
08.30.2017 , 06:45 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Nope, they don't interfere with my RP since I RP in dailies, flashpoints, etc. You see I can do more than one thing at a time, which is why I don't want Ebon Hawk merged with Harbinger. If they merge servers then merge with other RP servers. I do roleplay everywhere. I am not the type to sit/stand in a cantina and rp. I rp doing things.
But if you RP in instanced areas then your argument of people interfering with your RP was moot. :P

Anyway, shouldn't derail the thread.

orangenee's Avatar


orangenee
08.30.2017 , 06:48 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Please leave it... It actually is a reasonable speed of cxp progressiona nd we see some traffic in daily areas!
Indeed. Look what effect this bug has done for the game, dead places become alive.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

Opiam's Avatar


Opiam
08.30.2017 , 07:11 PM | #67
I came back to the game this year after a long time away. I got my first character to 70 by enjoying as much of the content as I could. When I hit 70, I was introduced to GC. I very quickly realised that as someone who played for an hour or 2 each day, I had very little hope of gearing up at a decent pace. So I bought a few cartel packs, sold them and bought myself 246 mods. Once I did this. I had no intention of doing the GC grind.

So I levelled another character to 70, one to 50 and one to 30ish. Won't take me long to get them to 70 as well.

Yesterday I gave the dailies a try. I have never had a reason to quest on Yavin before. I actually had a blast. The missions are not to bad. Fast paced with very little downtime time between objectives. But best of all, I did this with my first character who was on 20 GC. I saw players from both factions, planted a flag on a republic base for an achievement (that I didn't know existed) and explored a planet I hadn't visited before. After 5 hours of playing, I have gone up 25 GC levels, bought CXP boosts and renewed my sub for a couple more months. Hopefully this boost stays in some shape or form.

Hapiegirl's Avatar


Hapiegirl
08.30.2017 , 07:12 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by PennyAnn View Post
You may not have intended to reward this much CXP but here's why you should keep it:

Almost no one does these dailies anymore until this happened, and suddenly all of these planets are full of people actively playing the game again instead of sitting on the fleet filling chat with garbage out of boredom (because the dailies do not award enough CXP previously to make them worth the time). Seriously, these areas haven't been this active since they were launched. They were ghost towns before because they do not award enough CXP to make them worth doing... until now!

You've finally hit a number that encourages people to play your content! Why would you change that to make these areas ghost towns again?

It's late enough in the 5.0/CXP expansion that this really isn't hurting anyone. It's doing what you've been trying to do (and failing to get right) in effort to get people actively playing and leveling/gearing alts. Again, you guys don't seem to understand where the line between "worth it" and "punishing" is... and I'm telling you that nerfing these will put you back into "punishing" territory such that these activities won't be worth doing anymore.

Why would you want to do something that makes people LESS encouraged to play your content? Especially when there is precious little of it coming out, and that which is coming out is buggy, laggy, and not worth repeating on multiple characters? This IS worth repeating on multiple characters. And people are doing it. Why would you want to stop that momentum?

I can understand adjusting it down a little bit (though I think it's only HUGE because of the CXP event right now), but I don't think you should adjust it much or it will go right back to the state it was in before this happened. Why not let us have a huge CXP boost and really catch up our characters so that we can play more of the end game content?

I just don't understand why this is such a bad thing that needs to be nerfed. I'd rather see you spend your time/effort fixing the NUMEROUS bugs that are going on since 5.4 that are making the game nearly unplayable for some people (certainly unenjoyable)... not the ones that are encouraging people to actually play the game MORE.

It's backwards.
Thats right! Don't fix it!!!

Foambreaker's Avatar


Foambreaker
08.30.2017 , 07:14 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hey all,

When I found out about the substantially increased CXP in the daily areas I had to go check if it was real. So, I tested it on my main characters, and validated it across a variety of other characters, and sure enough, it was true. I even used the CXP Perk, and the CXP 100% boost, just to see how much I could get on each quest.

Then, realizing we needed to stay indoors for the weekend, I decided to see how many Command Ranks I could gain on just one toon, by doing all the Daily Areas each day, along with daily FPs, and other normal activities. I managed to gain 200 levels and to echo a lot of your comments here, it was fun to see so many others on Yavin, in Black Hole, over on Iokath and Section X. I also did Oricon and had forgotten how fun those quests were to do, too.

There's a legitimate reason to lower the CXP values as they are out of whack with the rest of the game, but there's an even more compelling reason to not lower it all the way back to 75 and to review the values across the board. I like a lot of your suggestions about rotating it, finding a good compromised amount, giving you a reason to visit these areas, and substantially reducing the time it takes to level up your alts (catch-up mechanic).

So, thanks for all the ideas. We'll decide what to do next week, but in the meantime, take advantage of this massive CXP change. I'm confident that'll help guide us in our discussions and decision about what to do next.

---Keith
Just don't log out in section x or you can lose all your light/dark points...

Deewe's Avatar


Deewe
08.30.2017 , 08:04 PM | #70
I play way too much this game and out of my 18 alts, I have none at 300 yet.

The current pace with the "bug" and the bonus makes the pill easier to swallow for one maybe 2 toons.

Do what you want but the peepz on the forums pointed the way to keeping the players paying the game subscription.
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle