Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Itís Raining CXP, Daily

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Otaktey
08.31.2017 , 11:46 AM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I will BEG you to switch servers if that helps? There's no reason to stay on a dead one...well, aside from this bug But next week, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE consider moving a toon. I don't care what server you go to, but this game isn't as "dead" as it seems to you...Harbinger is my suggestion, but others have their own ideas...we need more players...staying on a dead server is going to kill your enjoyment eventually...so please consider a move. Leave a mule toon behind...just move your main. You'll never regret it!!!
Tux is right about this. I changed to second shift at work, so when I got home, Shadowlands was dead. I moved one toon to Harbinger just to see if I could play after work. There is always something going on here on Harb. It has made a big difference in my perception of the game. We ended up moving our whole guild.

As far as the CXP grants. If they take it down to 100 it won't be worth my time. As many hours as I put in at work, I don't choose the content I play by how cool I think it is. I choose it by how many CXP I can get per time played.
Right now the old Yavin, Cz-198, Oricon, etc.. dailies are giving me the most bang for my buck, so that is what I'm doing.
I'll have to say it is really cool to go back and run those. Haha, I was on POT5 when I ran the Yavin dailies everyday.
Last night I was running them, and when I came out of the cave and had killed my 15 stormray's I ran up to click on the nest for the monarch. I keep turning around looking for someone to try to gank me, as that is how it was on the old PVP servers. Those were some good times

I think all this should answer some questions recently posted by the Devs. If you want people to play Starfighter then raise the daily bonus. On the day that Starfighter is the bonus, you still don't get enough CXP, with the bonus, to justify the time put into it. The same holds true for Uprisings. Keep raising the amount of bonus CXP until you see players running it, then you will know how much is needed for players to feel it is worth their time. The planetary dailies are worth it today, so I will run them until they are nerfed back down to 75. Anything less than 1000 per quest and it is not worth it, I'll just keep queue'ing for PVP, where I can get up to 2000-3000 for a 20 minute match where I got a lot of medals. Or I'll get an Ops run together where I can get close to 7000-10000 for 1 to 2 hours.

Foambreaker
08.31.2017 , 11:57 AM | #152
This is really a huge disappointment to me.

I have plans this weekend and so by Tuesday I will be the only one left in WZs that is not above bolster.

This is so extreme to let it go on really harms the competitive aspect of the game [PvP].

Transcendent
08.31.2017 , 12:10 PM | #153
I understand that the current rate is too much
I disagree, I think people that still subscribe are resigned in the fact that "it is what it is", instead of expecting something better.

See, even with these current CXP gains, it would still take a heck of a lot of subscription time to get 20+ characters up to CR300 as well as geared. The current rate of CXP gain is acceptable, anything less really isn't cutting the mustard for the purpose of the system, to play fun content as well as feeling rewarded for doing so.

You know as well as I do that mixing things up (like playing alts!) is absolutely a nice way of not getting burnt out in an MMO game, but for that to be realistic, you need to feel like you're still progressing in some manner and not letting your main suffer for doing so. Increasing CXP gains across the board to bring all activities in-line with the current CXP gain for dailies / time spent to run would be beneficial to achieving that goal.

To play the content we want, and not just what provides the most CXP per time spent playing. Which generally means only one or maybe two types of content.

Thanks to everyone who has used my Refer a Friend link over the years, may the force be with you.

Foambreaker
08.31.2017 , 12:15 PM | #154
As long as they think the only reason we stay is the grind and we will quit when it is done, we are doomed to grind.

Jdast
08.31.2017 , 12:16 PM | #155
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
I disagree, I think people that still subscribe are resigned in the fact that "it is what it is", instead of expecting something better.

See, even with these current CXP gains, it would still take a heck of a lot of subscription time to get 20+ characters up to CR300 as well as geared. The current rate of CXP gain is acceptable, anything less really isn't cutting the mustard for the purpose of the system, to play fun content as well as feeling rewarded for doing so.

You know as well as I do that mixing things up (like playing alts!) is absolutely a nice way of not getting burnt out in an MMO game, but for that to be realistic, you need to feel like you're still progressing in some manner and not letting your main suffer for doing so. Increasing CXP gains across the board to bring all activities in-line with the current CXP gain for dailies / time spent to run would be beneficial to achieving that goal.

To play the content we want, and not just what provides the most CXP per time spent playing. Which generally means only one or maybe two types of content.
At risk of trying to mediate and negotiate (something I did in the past in real life)....I think there is middle b/t what you are saying Trand and what Tux is saying.

I agree that playing alts is key to the survival of this game, but I also think that...my Gunslinger going from 148 (he was my highest level) to 300 in 2 1/2 days is a bit much.

What if it were cut by 1/2 or even 3/4?

Keep in mind, they are a subscription based model, they have to still earn money. I'm a whale and can afford to buy things on the CM, but that won't sustain even me for very long.

Dasty

Transcendent
08.31.2017 , 12:18 PM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
What if it were cut by 1/2 or even 3/4?
I could live with 1/2, but then that's what it would be without the current CXP event.

Thanks to everyone who has used my Refer a Friend link over the years, may the force be with you.

-Fabien-
08.31.2017 , 12:23 PM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
I just did Section X on my Dark V and my Light V toons and no impact. When you submit the bug, please try to identify everything you were doing/did - like I logged out when I finished the Aurora Cannon quest, or what you did immediately after leaving Section X. Don't give the details in this thread as it'll just get lost and our QA team won't pick it up.

Thanks,

Keith---
Keith, the thread of this bug is here : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9360215

this bug is from 5.0, many tickets from players, no fix
Thanks to ignore french and german players.

TUXs
08.31.2017 , 12:52 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
I could live with 1/2, but then that's what it would be without the current CXP event.
I could live with half too. It's currently like 1100 normal (bugged), 2200 with double, 3300 with Superior boost on. If that were reduced to 750, 1500 with the boost, I'd be OKAY with that...anything much lower and it becomes too long to do and we're in the same situation as we were before.

I realize 750 isn't half of 1100...but 750 is 10x's what Bioware wants to give us, which is why I picked that number.
All warfare is based on deception ē If his forces are united, separate them ē If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near ē A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer ē 7-day FREE sub ē FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Goare
08.31.2017 , 01:18 PM | #159
I could live with half too. It's currently like 1100 normal (bugged), 2200 with double, 3300 with Superior boost on. If that were reduced to 750, 1500 with the boost, I'd be OKAY with that...anything much lower and it becomes too long to do and we're in the same situation as we were before.

I realize 750 isn't half of 1100...but 750 is 10x's what Bioware wants to give us, which is why I picked that number.
I think anything in the 550-750 range is fine. You'd get a command chest w/o boosts every ~10-15 missions / bonus missions at max rank.

I do think they should add unassembled parts starting in Tier 2 to give a mechanism for (eventually) getting exactly the pieces you want, as that would allay the "woe is me RNG hates me" crowd who are opening their 600th chest and not getting the piece they want.

Dak_fireraker
08.31.2017 , 02:05 PM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
hahahaha! Thanks for that!

-Keith--
Since i made Keith Laugh, do i get a code?
Solstie
Solqitta & Solahmar
(& Various other toons) - Shadowlands & Jung Ma server