Sith Sorcerer - worst talent?

Von_Altair

Its been the same in several MMOs.

EXAMPLE:

DoT does 1000 damage over 10 seconds

=100 damage per second

If a talent adds 3 seconds onto the duration the overall DoT damage is increased to 1300

This will also serve as a more efficent spell, as in longer fights where you have to maintain the DoT the entire time to maximize your DPS potentional you will have to cast it less often.

Also it alows you to cast Thundering Blast more often without having to use a GCD to re-apply

This. Thundering Blast has a 9 second cooldown. Without the talent to Affliction, you would not be able to recast it a second time before refreshing Affliction, since Thundering Blast has a 2 second cast(with no alacrity).

The basic rule for talents which increase DoTs duration is that each point gives you an extra 'tick' of damage. This holds true for Resurgence, Affliction, and Crushing Darkness, which all have talents to increase their duration.

The tool tip simply fails to update the total damage.

Edited by Dastion

While we're discussing talents, I want to go down the Lightning tree myself, did you guys get Electric induction or reserves on the bottom tier? I'm debating if 100 force power will really be that much towards the end. As oppose to reduction in force power spending.

While we're discussing talents, I want to go down the Lightning tree myself, did you guys get Electric induction or reserves on the bottom tier? I'm debating if 100 force power will really be that much towards the end. As oppose to reduction in force power spending.

Electric Induction should be taken no matter whether you spec Madness, Lightning or Corruption. Reserves is a weird one, it does nothing other than increase your Force pool a little bit and the only purpose of that is to make you take a little longer to go from full force to 0 Force, and you should never be hitting 0 Force anyway so I find it a bit "meh".

On the topic of worst talent, it's Devour for me. It only comes in ahead of Parasitism because it's on the second last tier in Madness which takes a lot of points to get, and it's total garbage.

Electric Induction should be taken no matter whether you spec Madness, Lightning or Corruption. Reserves is a weird one, it does nothing other than increase your Force pool a little bit and the only purpose of that is to make you take a little longer to go from full force to 0 Force, and you should never be hitting 0 Force anyway so I find it a bit "meh".

On the topic of worst talent, it's Devour for me. It only comes in ahead of Parasitism because it's on the second last tier in Madness which takes a lot of points to get, and it's total garbage.

Alright sounds like we have a winner, thanks for the quick reply.

Alright sounds like we have a winner, thanks for the quick reply.

Sort of. Sith Efficiency, which returns a % of your maximum force, becomes much better with Reserves. Coupled with subversion you get a lot of force back from using lightning strike.

Here is why Dark Resilience is not only viable... but specifically part of my build.

Dark Resilience (2 of 2) I have found that I use Corruption all the time. But I space it out so that I do not kill my Force regen. I will never Corrupt more than twice in the cool down period. (that is to make sure I do not take too much damage myself )

But the extra 2% makes a huge difference in how much health I can maintain.

You notice this more as you get into higher Flashpoints. (at least i have)