Crew Skill Schematics Learned & Switching Skills

Frumph

I would like to see all of the things we've learned in a schematic tree stay learned and opened up if a player switches from one skill to another. Although they will not be available with the new skill when switching back they will not lose all the progress they made on that skill tree.

I am currently biochem but want to switch over to synthweaving, do all the things I need to do to upgrade myself up to 400 for it create the items I want to create then swich back to biochem without having to relearn and redo all of the schematics that I already opened up/unlocked/learned.

It's pretty much a roadblock for me wanting to switch. I had already done that once before leaving and losing everything I built up with Cybertech, I don't like the idea of doing it again.

Yes, that would be nice. Prior ro 1.2, I made a new character and gave her synthweaving, knowing it would be in demand. It's turned out to be great, and I've got myself fully geared out in augmented armors and am making a ton of money. Unfortunately, I had not expected this character to really become my main, which it is. As someone who does a great deal of PvP, I really want biochem for the reusables, but the synthweaving is far too valuable to give up.

Therefore, I've switched another character which I don't use anymore to synthweaving and am power grinding up to 400. I'll get as many of the schematics as I can for him as well, and then switch the other one to biochem. Pretty annoying, but it will be worth it in the end.

Yes, that would be nice. Prior ro 1.2, I made a new character and gave her synthweaving, knowing it would be in demand. It's turned out to be great, and I've got myself fully geared out in augmented armors and am making a ton of money. Unfortunately, I had not expected this character to really become my main, which it is. As someone who does a great deal of PvP, I really want biochem for the reusables, but the synthweaving is far too valuable to give up.

Therefore, I've switched another character which I don't use anymore to synthweaving and am power grinding up to 400. I'll get as many of the schematics as I can for him as well, and then switch the other one to biochem. Pretty annoying, but it will be worth it in the end.

Given that the blue stims, medpacks and possibly adrenals are better than the reusable ones, and synthweaving has proven profitable, why would you change instead of buying them or mass producing the blue ones on an alt?

:edit:

e.g.

Rakata Medpac

Binds on Pickup

Requires Level 50

Requires Biochem (400)

This marvel of biochemical engineering is not consumed on use.

Use: Restores 3750 to 4575 health and increases maximum health by 15% for 15 seconds. Only usable once per fight. (Cooldown: 1.5 minutes)

Vs.

Prototype Ultimate Medpac

Requires Level 48

Use: Restores 3750 to 4575 health and an additional 1665 health over 15 seconds. Only usable once per fight. (Cooldown: 1.5 minutes)

Or

Rakata Reflex Stim

Binds on Pickup

Requires Level 50

Requires Biochem (400)

This marvel of biochemical engineering is not consumed on use.

Use: Increases Aim by 112 and Power by 46 for 120 minutes. Only one stimpack can be active at a time. This effect persists through defeat.

Vs.

Exotech Reflex Stim

Requires Level 50

Use: Increases Aim by 128 and Power by 52 for 120 minutes. Only one stimpack can be active at a time. This effect persists through defeat.

Edited by Jestunhi

Given that the blue stims, medpacks and possibly adrenals are better than the reusable ones, and synthweaving has proven profitable, why would you change instead of buying them or mass producing the blue ones on an alt?

:edit:

e.g.

Vs.

Or

Vs.

I have another biochem that can produce these things and has the reusables herself, but for consumed on use items, the cost will absolutely add up fairly quickly. While I won't need to pay the $15k that these things go for (which as I understand it is cheap compared to some other servers), there will still be a cost to producing them which the income from PvP will not pay for - not the adrenals or medpacs in any case, and I'm not sure about the stims. I'm not quite sure how to evaluate the precise cost due to the variable return on gathering missions, but I doubt if it would be less than several thousand per.

Also, I am not even interested in the Rakata items. Rather, I want to advanced (purple) version of the blue ones you cited, which have the same effects but are reusable.

I just sent the crew out on the missions needed to make the proper blue stim. it was 7000 credits or so total, and that's assuming they return sufficient materials to make a single stim. That's a steep price to pay for something I will need to use several of daily - dozens if I want the adrenals.

^ Biochem would be great if it removed the Biochem(400) requirement on the reusuables, that means I could switch to a different skill set to create the BoP items in that new crew skill set.

^ The whole reason I don't want to switch from biochem is I would lose all the schematics that I have built up - schemes from long raids that I spent the time and effort to get. The schemes found from reengineering.

• 1 year later...

Another thought on this subject:

With the new achievement system in place, would it be nice that if someone 'completed' a skill at 450 on one toon, it would be available to an alt, right away, at 450, once a player would learn that skill on an alt?

E.g. Suppose my guardian has synthweaving at 450, and I want to get synthweaving on one of my imperials too, he'd have it at 450 right away, once he learns that skill.

This could be a possibility whenever a crewskill has been brought 450, or perhaps will only become available when all crew skills have reached 450. As a reward, so to speak, together with the title we have now: 'Master Craftsman'.

Just a thought...

^ The whole reason I don't want to switch from biochem is I would lose all the schematics that I have built up - schemes from long raids that I spent the time and effort to get. The schemes found from reengineering.

Idea for Cartel Markel (the only kind that might get attention):

Tokenize learned schematics: an empty schematic item will take one of your schematics off your book and store it, binding it to legacy. You mail it then to whatever toon of yours.

I would like to see all of the things we've learned in a schematic tree stay learned and opened up if a player switches from one skill to another. Although they will not be available with the new skill when switching back they will not lose all the progress they made on that skill tree.

I am currently biochem but want to switch over to synthweaving, do all the things I need to do to upgrade myself up to 400 for it create the items I want to create then swich back to biochem without having to relearn and redo all of the schematics that I already opened up/unlocked/learned.

It's pretty much a roadblock for me wanting to switch. I had already done that once before leaving and losing everything I built up with Cybertech, I don't like the idea of doing it again.

And you have inadvertently or not just explained why it will never happen. If one player with one character could theoretically learn all the crew skills and all the schematics there would be one less reason to create additional characters and one less reason for players to interact.

Sorry, either bite the bullet and switch, or create a new character for the crew skill you want.