PvP Gear Vendors and real gearing progression for PvP in 6.0

Akmadan

Greetings,

Simple post to ask what was It that Bioware is planning for gearing and pvping? As a veteran of swtor since the beta I've been utterly baffled that they went with the idea to remove pvp gear entirely, expertise and all and just "Bolster" people, doing the exact same mistake World of Warcraft is doing (Of which I'm also a veteran player for 14 years now) of removing PvP gear and vendors entirely and just artificially pushing your numbers up in a PvP Instance.

And both games suffer terrible PvP loses because of It and both are surprised that nobody wants to PvP as much.

I'll say this much, SWTOR's classes at least have more buttons to use than WoW classes do, they've been butchered horrificly since the last three expansions (Aka 5 ish years) and swtor for now, keeps a good number of abilities around even though at this point It's becoming stale all of the classes.

But my point is, are they even CONSIDERING to bringing back the simple and very good way of doing PvP gearing by bringing back the Vendors, with normal pvp gear you can aquire within days and then ranked gear you can aquire within a few months? If not, I'd see barely any reason to do PvP in swtor. The one thing It has going for It than WoW doesn't have is Huttball personally speaking.

People and hardcore fans of swtor are likely going to ask, well why isn't bolstering better? Well no It's not, It's BIOWARE making it easier for THEMSELVES by bolstering us up in stats and leaving It at that. While we loose a sense of PvP progression, power growth, gear customization (Adding Item Modifications, augments etc) to suit your own playstyle.

Both games are loosing more than they're gaining by bolstering their PvP Players stats up artifificially and It hurts to see that happening as I enjoy PvPing in both games. What Is their stance on this currently?

PS: Are they even going to return the old talent system as well, maybe? Because just like WoW, the new linear talent system Is boring, bland and offers no customization that has meaning.

I think, as far a we know, that there's still no pvp specific gear. "PvP'rs" will still earn gear exactly the same way as "PvE'rs". And they are changing bolster so that it gives actual top level gear stats, instead of one tier below.

Greetings,

PS: Are they even going to return the old talent system as well, maybe? Because just like WoW, the new linear talent system Is boring, bland and offers no customization that has meaning.

Also, the new level 75 abilities are now actually all on the PTS I think (PTS is supposed to be back up sometime in the next day or two or today or something). Again, what they've shown us so far, they added a new ability (the kind you get from your trainer), and they added a new bottom-tier utility slot. I don't think there are new utilities (they might have shuffled some of them between tiers?).

Also, the new level 75 abilities are now actually all on the PTS I think (PTS is supposed to be back up sometime in the next day or two or today or something). Again, what they've shown us so far, they added a new ability (the kind you get from your trainer), and they added a new bottom-tier utility slot. I don't think there are new utilities (they might have shuffled some of them between tiers?).

I wish they wouldn’t put it up and down so fast. Especially when half the time Musco doesn’t announce putting it up on Dev post. He puts it on Twitter, which I don’t use and 2 days is not enough time to test something.

They should just leave it up till the next build version is ready. That’s what other games do. Then we can update and keep going to test the differences.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

There is no pvp gear planned, bioware seems to ignore us PvPers and just throws a bone of season rewards or a new map every 3 years. PvP was ignored, but them removing expertise showed TRUE colors to the community.

Keep in mind that Ben Irving was the architect behind 5.0 and the removal of pvp gear. He is now running Anthem and we all know how good that’s going :rolleyes:

Since then, Kieth has tried to change their approach to pvp. We had the “pvp” of summer last year. Which was good to get attention. But they fumbled the ball pretty bad. They broke regs by adding match making, they added Vandin which most people hate and they did nothing to improve the problems that were already destroying pvp.

Sometimes their focus just makes things worse. Which is sad when all they need to do is engage with the pvp community properly and the answers to most of the problems could be solved or avoided.

Edit: just read that Ben Irving has left Anthem and Bioware.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Greetings,

Simple post to ask what was It that Bioware is planning for gearing and pvping? As a veteran of swtor since the beta I've been utterly baffled that they went with the idea to remove pvp gear entirely, expertise and all and just "Bolster" people, doing the exact same mistake World of Warcraft is doing (Of which I'm also a veteran player for 14 years now) of removing PvP gear and vendors entirely and just artificially pushing your numbers up in a PvP Instance.

And both games suffer terrible PvP loses because of It and both are surprised that nobody wants to PvP as much.

I'll say this much, SWTOR's classes at least have more buttons to use than WoW classes do, they've been butchered horrificly since the last three expansions (Aka 5 ish years) and swtor for now, keeps a good number of abilities around even though at this point It's becoming stale all of the classes.

But my point is, are they even CONSIDERING to bringing back the simple and very good way of doing PvP gearing by bringing back the Vendors, with normal pvp gear you can aquire within days and then ranked gear you can aquire within a few months? If not, I'd see barely any reason to do PvP in swtor. The one thing It has going for It than WoW doesn't have is Huttball personally speaking.

People and hardcore fans of swtor are likely going to ask, well why isn't bolstering better? Well no It's not, It's BIOWARE making it easier for THEMSELVES by bolstering us up in stats and leaving It at that. While we loose a sense of PvP progression, power growth, gear customization (Adding Item Modifications, augments etc) to suit your own playstyle.

Both games are loosing more than they're gaining by bolstering their PvP Players stats up artifificially and It hurts to see that happening as I enjoy PvPing in both games. What Is their stance on this currently?

We need one gear for both content easily obtainable by doing the content we like. Forcing trash into PVP to get crystals for crafting and gearing was a very bad idea.. as was forcing PVP-ers into painful PVE Grinds to get the same thing.

We need one gear for both content easily obtainable by doing the content we like. Forcing trash into PVP to get crystals for crafting and gearing was a very bad idea.. as was forcing PVP-ers into painful PVE Grinds to get the same thing.

Exactly, yes we do need one gear line for each path.

PvP gear - 2 tiers

PvE gear - 2 years (Or 3 like we had before)

Sounds simple, right? Now they did do that before and that worked perfectly well, you had 3 tiers for PvE from weakest to strongest and from easily aquirable to hardest to get:

Tionese - Columi - Rakata

Not only named after lore related things but they looked pretty neat. To this day I wear the Tionese Chestpiece on my Assassin who is my main because we all know, bigger shoulderspads = stronger In the force.

But anyway, then we had PvP gear which had 2 simple tiers:

Unranked Gear Blue

Ranekd Gear Purple

I don't remember if they had any names, but It was just that, two simple gear sets with unique set bonuses to help you fight as well as Expertise which was PvP specific (Or was It Resiliense back in 1.0? Or was that WoW... confusing the two now)

That's all It has to be, nothing more, nothing less. Get currency from matches, buy gear pieces you need, keep pvping to get stronger one + decorations, titles, mounts and so on. It's so god damn easy yet they mess It up so badly.

Keep in mind that Ben Irving was the architect behind 5.0 and the removal of pvp gear. He is now running Anthem and we all know how good that’s going :rolleyes:

Since then, Kieth has tried to change their approach to pvp. We had the “pvp” of summer last year. Which was good to get attention. But they fumbled the ball pretty bad. They broke regs by adding match making, they added Vandin which most people hate and they did nothing to improve the problems that were already destroying pvp.

Sometimes their focus just makes things worse. Which is sad when all they need to do is engage with the pvp community properly and the answers to most of the problems could be solved or avoided.

Edit: just read that Ben Irving has left Anthem and Bioware.

EA finally realized Irving was an idiot who ignored players and released him, thank god!!