Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kabeone
10.19.2012 , 02:43 PM | #1871
I love when this thread gets a bunch of new stuff it's always so awesome.

@Ereiniel (belated welcome) Nice story! We definitely don't get enough BH stories around and even though I'm trying not to spoiler myself on the whole thing I hated that guy (t.b.) and I'm glad he got what he deserved.

@Tatile Young Vizloch is cute, but mama Vizloch is awesome. I am curious about Vizloch and Grigor... I have trouble picturing it, even as a convenience.(though given your more recent descriptions of him, I don't want to picture it at all)

@bright_ephemera Guss <3 I need more of that. If you ever run Voss again and you DS the romance make sure Guss is out at the end. His reaction is priceless. A million billion squees for Vierce+Elara <3 I really hope you do white how he finally figured his sh*t out because that would be an epic accomplishment for him. And everything about Colran Niral makes me swoon I felt sad that he still ended up a Sith but then we wouldn't have awesome Ruth so it had to happen. (Ruth was right though, he's a very bad Sith)

@Striges I love Varrel, especially how he's so thoughtful about everything. It's a sharp contrast between your SW who already lived a full life before becoming Sith and the way most other SW are (i.e. practically kids just starting to figure stuff out) And Rixik <3<3<3 the part where he just knew the security guy was there was great though I really thought you were going to turn it into a mastercard commercial at the end... priceless.

@irishfino Roflcopter is bad (in a good way) Aldrdinar is good in a good way ... and by the title are you saying he got a happy ending? <_< >_>

@Magdalane hahaha you had me at the title but the whole thing was priceless and a sad but lovely image at the end I'm glad it all worked out for them they are so sweet together.

Tatile
10.19.2012 , 03:31 PM | #1872
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
@Tatile Young Vizloch is cute, but mama Vizloch is awesome. I am curious about Vizloch and Grigor... I have trouble picturing it, even as a convenience.(though given your more recent descriptions of him, I don't want to picture it at all)
He was once a dashing young man, hunting large game on Dromund Kaas and partying all hours of the night. They had a whirlwind romance and then Sylvia decided she wanted his land and material wealth and Grigor wanted Sith children. They just became more honest about it as they got older (and he let himself go).

bright_ephemera
10.19.2012 , 06:34 PM | #1873
@kabe Writing Colran made me realize just how terrifying it must've been to plunge into neutral space post-Korriban. The significance of everything has to be recalibrated when you make that cultural transition.

Also now that Vierce has his own thread I'll probably plow through in chronological order. Slowly, slowly.

Now, something that doesn't involve brutalizing Quinn! (AU thread: bad week for him.) Here I have two back-to-back Best Days Ever for Niselle and her sister Nalenne.

Best Day Ever: In Which Niselle Has Everything.
450 words, no spoilers.

Spoiler

The following day, Best Day Ever: In Which Nalenne Taketh Away. 400 words, no spoilers.
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST

Adwynyth
10.20.2012 , 03:26 AM | #1874
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
@kabe Writing Colran made me realize just how terrifying it must've been to plunge into neutral space post-Korriban. The significance of everything has to be recalibrated when you make that cultural transition.

Also now that Vierce has his own thread I'll probably plow through in chronological order. Slowly, slowly.

Now, something that doesn't involve brutalizing Quinn! (AU thread: bad week for him.) Here I have two back-to-back Best Days Ever for Niselle and her sister Nalenne.

Best Day Ever: In Which Niselle Has Everything.
450 words, no spoilers.

Spoiler

The following day, Best Day Ever: In Which Nalenne Taketh Away. 400 words, no spoilers.
Spoiler
YOU OWE ME A KEYBOARD (soaked with Diet Coke)! GAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHA!
Horrendously bad fan fiction: Sith in a Pretty Dress

irishfino
10.20.2012 , 08:11 AM | #1875
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
@Irishfino: this is...strange? But darn it, you have a point.
It's just a short that came to mind when talking to some people in the IRC. I fully blame bright_ for the name.

@irishfino You're a bad person and you should feel bad.
Part of this is your fault

Quote: Originally Posted by MilaniGrey View Post
/swoon

Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Irishfino <3

Quote: Originally Posted by Adwynyth View Post
I think this sums up Quinn in one neat package.

Unique take on the Quinn storyline. Bravo!
I read a part in the Book of Lies (aka the SW:tOR Encyclopedia) that Quinn relaxes by fixing errors in the census... He's so weird.

As for this story, it's fun to write different things. There's enough F!SW/MQ stories, why not mix it up?

@irishfino <3 I like that at least some of Quinn's best-day-ever pain has gotten Dallas'ed into adorableness.
I have no idea what "Dallas'ed" means, but I assume it's a good thing.

Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
@irishfino Roflcopter is bad (in a good way) Aldrdinar is good in a good way ... and by the title are you saying he got a happy ending? <_< >_>
Roflcopter's full name is Roflcopter Trollolololol. >.> [snerk] <.<

XD Yes, he got a happy ending. They both did. <.< >.> XD
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

bright_ephemera
10.20.2012 , 09:14 AM | #1876
Quote: Originally Posted by Adwynyth View Post
YOU OWE ME A KEYBOARD (soaked with Diet Coke)! GAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHA!
I'm secretly in the crack fic business because I hate keyboards. I hate all people's keyboards. XD

Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
It's just a short that came to mind when talking to some people in the IRC. I fully blame bright_ for the name.
Fino, you have a habit of making me sound like I'm an endless fountain of bad ideas that may at any moment sweep the situation into total nonsense. Slander, I tell you! Slander!

I have no idea what "Dallas'ed" means, but I assume it's a good thing.
haha! It's a reference to the '80s TV show Dallas, which infamously (TOTAL SPOILER WARNING)
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST

Soteirian
10.20.2012 , 12:30 PM | #1877
I read a part in the Book of Lies (aka the SW:tOR Encyclopedia) ...
Curious, why do you call SW:tOR Encyclopedia the Book of Lies? I don't have it so I don't know its content, but I've read reviews in this forum and I thought people liked it?

Tatile
10.20.2012 , 12:34 PM | #1878
It says Talos Drellik is 27. Lies D:<

Soteirian
10.20.2012 , 12:47 PM | #1879
Talos Drellik is 27? Really? I thought he's at least in his 40's. Wow, that guy does not age well, does he?

Any other info that just seems wrong? Or is this it?

irishfino
10.20.2012 , 12:48 PM | #1880
Quote: Originally Posted by Soteirian View Post
Curious, why do you call SW:tOR Encyclopedia the Book of Lies? I don't have it so I don't know its content, but I've read reviews in this forum and I thought people liked it?

Spoiler

I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!