[OFFICIAL] - No server forums will be implemented

LoL-K-Noob

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will cost them subscriptions in the long run and could potentially threaten the RP community. Terrible terrible terrible decision, it's the most basic of mmo survival features to try and build community together. That entire article was the biggest load of PR BS i've ever read.. pull your fingers out bioware, take a look at how people's "unofficial server forums" are going.. it's a F-A-I-L.

I've lost faith in BW's ability to handle an MMO anyway. Fantastic single player game with semi decent warzones and the flashpoints aren't bad but so many little decisions like this is having a huge effect on the bigger picture for me.

This will cost them subscriptions in the long run and could potentially threaten the RP community. Terrible terrible terrible decision, it's the most basic of mmo survival features to try and build community together. That entire article was the biggest load of PR BS i've ever read.. pull your fingers out bioware, take a look at how people's "unofficial server forums" are going.. it's a F-A-I-L.

I've lost faith in BW's ability to handle an MMO anyway. Fantastic single player game with semi decent warzones and the flashpoints aren't bad but so many little decisions like this is having a huge effect on the bigger picture for me.

Seriously? People are going to cancel subs over no server forums? :rolleyes: The percentage of players who actually visit the forums at all is crazy low compared to actual players, reason states that some of those wouldn't bother with server forums.

Bioware made their decision and while I am disappointed by it, they make a completely valid point. Stop pretending the sky is falling and go troll for more ERP.

That sucks. Had quite a few events planned for our server and now it's going to be a lot harder to get everyone together without it.

They need to do something, I feel like this is killing the sense of community on every server.

It isn't though, what it is killing is a community amongst the minority population of the server. Reach out in-game to people and you will have a stronger community than any forum would provide.

It isn't though, what it is killing is a community amongst the minority population of the server. Reach out in-game to people and you will have a stronger community than any forum would provide.

It would be easier to reach out in game if we had easier to use functions to do so. I can even tell the level of someone in general chat unless I type /who and then type there name in.

They already implemented many great things WoW has why not all of them.

It isn't thopopulation of the server. Reach out in-game to people and you will have a stronger community than any forum would provide.

Do tell me, where's random guy X going to go to see what guild option he has with no server forums?

Where will he see the guild rankings on his server with no server forums?

How will guilds recruit?

Via general chat? Don't make me laugh. Via the Guild forums? It's a cesspool of all the servers with all kinds of guilds.

General chat in game is nearly identical to general discussion here. I get my head bit off for attempting to reach out. :|

I find it odd they said its because lack of Mods. Um hire more? You dont need 1 mod per server forum and how much does a mod get paid 20+ an hour? This is silly comming from a company that has dropped 100+ mil on a game and pretty much made that money back already.

I find it odd they said its because lack of Mods. Um hire more? You dont need 1 mod per server forum and how much does a mod get paid 20+ an hour? This is silly comming from a company that has dropped 100+ mil on a game and pretty much made that money back already.

Most game forums usually acquire volunteer mods, there really isn't any excuse.

It would be easier to reach out in game if we had easier to use functions to do so. I can even tell the level of someone in general chat unless I type /who and then type there name in.

They already implemented many great things WoW has why not all of them.

Agreed, in-game communications need to be worked on.

As for Guild Recruiting? It just requires a more active recruitment method over a passive one.

Again, I don't like the decision, I just don't think it is as damning as people are saying.

Seriously? People are going to cancel subs over no server forums? :rolleyes: The percentage of players who actually visit the forums at all is crazy low compared to actual players, reason states that some of those wouldn't bother with server forums.

Bioware made their decision and while I am disappointed by it, they make a completely valid point. Stop pretending the sky is falling and go troll for more ERP.

Server forums make communities. The colourful personalities you see on those forums to the great banter you get between rival pvp guilds/factions make for a really enjoyable experience which prolongs the games life.. People won't cancel subs based purely on no server forums but I think it can have a drastic effect on people's enjoyment levels.

Thanks mainly to the great Farstar community on SWG seen mainly through the forums on long boring work days, it prolonged my subscription to the game for roughly six months when I probably would have got bored and quit after two.. that's what I meant by it'll cost them subscriptions.

Seriously? People are going to cancel subs over no server forums?

That's not what he said.

He said it will cost them subscriptions. Community keeps people playing who would otherwise quit. Server forums build community. Therefore, no server forums will cost retained subscriptions in the long run.

It doesn't require someone actively quitting in response to something for that thing to have an effect.