DF/Viru Set Bonus: Established Foothold vs. Precise Targeter's

jimbothirtytwo

(I posted this on the swtor subreddit, and got basically no sensible replies other than a few informing me how movement works in Ops (eyeroll), so I thought I'd repost here.)

Just wondering if anyone has done (or seen) any in-game Boss parses comparing Established Foothold vs Precise Targeter's.

EF seems to be the generally agreed-upon BiS, but if it's based solely on dummy parses, I'm thinking it might not be as ideal as it seems.

As anyone who's ever done even SM Ops knows, there's often a lot of movement required - which would cause you to instantly drop the Entrenched Offense stacks. And if you're unable to use Entrench/Hunker Down on CD (or have to move and cut it short), the effectiveness of the set bonus would suffer.

Obviously any in-game parses usually will not get the same results as a parse done on a dummy. But it seems to me that the EF set bonus might be even more crippled (depending on the boss of course).

Thanks in advance for any replies.

(I posted this on the swtor subreddit, and got basically no sensible replies other than a few informing me how movement works in Ops (eyeroll), so I thought I'd repost here.)

Just wondering if anyone has done (or seen) any in-game Boss parses comparing Established Foothold vs Precise Targeter's.

EF seems to be the generally agreed-upon BiS, but if it's based solely on dummy parses, I'm thinking it might not be as ideal as it seems.

As anyone who's ever done even SM Ops knows, there's often a lot of movement required - which would cause you to instantly drop the Entrenched Offense stacks. And if you're unable to use Entrench/Hunker Down on CD (or have to move and cut it short), the effectiveness of the set bonus would suffer.

Obviously any in-game parses usually will not get the same results as a parse done on a dummy. But it seems to me that the EF set bonus might be even more crippled (depending on the boss of course).

Thanks in advance for any replies.

i just dust off my gunslinger and still dont have any set bonus armor but reading the bonus i still think that EF still a good choice

reason

1. lower cool down on hundker down 10 sec and i am not mistake you can get another 5 sec from utilities , you should be entech quite fast

2. whenever you activate hunker down all damage if stack 5x would be 15% damage increase during entech which is around 20 sec for ALL damage and also regen your energy

3. precise targeter is also cool, and if you combine with ambush tactical would be a good one also and should be fun but the downside is if you use tactical ambush you need to roll to get extra 30% if you play sharpshooter

4. so my conclusion ef is for sustain damage and precise targeter is for burst damage and refraction point for aoe

Edited by KumbayaGOD