"Let's make GSF great again!"

philwil

You'll have enough Req to Master a new ship in about a month, if you do the dailies, weeklies and a few matches on top.

But I know for a fact that a lot of the opposite faction here in the EU will NEVER do this - so what do I gain? - Their K/D ratio improves while mine tanks. - Hmm.... Not seeing the benefit.

You're better off encouraging and mentoring new players and building the community. point them to good threads on this forum and select a few YouTube videos for them to watch. Answer their questions and get on voice chat during a match - That way they can call for help, or you can take on the veterans while they play wingaman.

You'll have enough Req to Master a new ship in about a month, if you do the dailies, weeklies and a few matches on top.

But I know for a fact that a lot of the opposite faction here in the EU will NEVER do this - so what do I gain? - Their K/D ratio improves while mine tanks. - Hmm.... Not seeing the benefit.

You're better off encouraging and mentoring new players and building the community. point them to good threads on this forum and select a few YouTube videos for them to watch. Answer their questions and get on voice chat during a match - That way they can call for help, or you can take on the veterans while they play wingaman.

Rodger that!

Just a suggestion to allow max/ace players an opportunity to see from the perspective of new ships. I have characters that have 1500 to around 3300 flights each. In all, about 10k flights.

It gives the viewpoint of a fresh gsf player. You can do well enough after a few flights if you have been playing for some time. Your play will set you apart.

And, when you make them, you will have alts to fly on when noob teams are flying on the opposing side, instead of using your 'lowest ship' on your bar. If you actually go that far. A nearly maxed strike will still wreak havoc on noobs.

Just thought it'd be more fun for all and not so traumatic for new players.

Edited by philwil

Rodger that!

Just a suggestion to allow max/ace players an opportunity to see from the perspective of new ships. I have characters that have 1500 to around 3300 flights each. In all, about 10k flights.

It gives the viewpoint of a fresh gsf player. You can do well enough after a few flights if you have been playing for some time. Your play will set you apart.

And, when you make them, you will have alts to fly on when noob teams are flying on the opposing side, instead of using your 'lowest ship' on your bar. If you actually go that far. A nearly maxed strike will still wreak havoc on noobs.

Just thought it'd be more fun for all and not so traumatic for new players.

We have had stock nights in the past, I think most players agree that skill is more important than upgrades. That being said, why would I ditch my upgrades? I don't enjoy flying stock any more than a new pilot does, and I've already grinded my way to mastered multiple times.

As you yourself say, an experienced pilot can beat a new one even in a stock ship, so what's the point? I won't feel like a new player again just because of a stock ship.

While I appreciate it that you are trying to make gsf easier for new players this just wont work because againts new players it's so much more about understanding the game than upgrades, It's not the rookies that get advantage if you decide to start new toon it's players that already know the game. And it doesn't take that many upgrades to make some ships quite dangerous for careless players.

I did create new gsf toons recently on one server, but I'm not going to play with them that much until my sub runs out in about 2 weeks and I lose ability to gain cxp. Had they made it legacy wide system I could take it easy and fly with less upgraded alts, but for now I will focus on one character I would actually like to have geared in case I decide to start raiding again someday.

While I do agree taking it easy on new pilots is nice. However with the Galactic command system, getting people who are trying to gear up for non GSF content (whether it's HM, NIM operations or PvP) people are going to fly on the character they play outside of GSF so they get Command XP for their other in game activities. Asking people to make and play many alts in a system that is not Legacy wide, (which means it's per character) is unfair to the Ace, as much as the ace just going all out Meta on a new player nonstop. If your asking from a F2P or preferred mentality where players are not subscribed, and do not have access to the Galactic Command Gearing system that may be different. But from a Sub perspective, it's just as unfair to make us spend time on alts we don't use for other content.

While I do agree taking it easy on new pilots is nice. However with the Galactic command system, getting people who are trying to gear up for non GSF content (whether it's HM, NIM operations or PvP) people are going to fly on the character they play outside of GSF so they get Command XP for their other in game activities. Asking people to make and play many alts in a system that is not Legacy wide, (which means it's per character) is unfair to the Ace, as much as the ace just going all out Meta on a new player nonstop. If your asking from a F2P or preferred mentality where players are not subscribed, and do not have access to the Galactic Command Gearing system that may be different. But from a Sub perspective, it's just as unfair to make us spend time on alts we don't use for other content.

Actually, GSF is one thing I'm planning to use to help "catch-up" my alts. I have at a minimum six toons I need to get tier 1 sets with. Most of them are alts that I have at least started GSF with. The problem is that you really have to focus on one toon at a time, and if it's like yesterday, when GSF had the bonus, and the pops are happening, I have to weigh staying on the one toon or switching to an alt.

Actually, GSF is one thing I'm planning to use to help "catch-up" my alts. I have at a minimum six toons I need to get tier 1 sets with. Most of them are alts that I have at least started GSF with. The problem is that you really have to focus on one toon at a time, and if it's like yesterday, when GSF had the bonus, and the pops are happening, I have to weigh staying on the one toon or switching to an alt.

While I do agree it does give a lot of CXP per match (and the bonus wasn't actually working when it was on GSF. Don't think it works on anything actually). my point was if your a PvP player as well, or a PvE HM/NiM mode raider you'll spend your time almost exclusively on your 1 main until it hits rank 300 before you move to your alts (or close to it anyway), so are less likely to swap to alts before then.