Question regarding HK-51 and crewskill

SnipeAlott

Haven't seen this asked yet, if I missed it I apologise.

If u get/buy HK-51, will u get an additional companion to send out for crewskills, or will the max stay 5?

and to add to this

Will we be able to put the droid crafting bonus parts on HK for crafting missions?

I paid my million creds for my ship repair droid and then 100k extra for each characters protocol droid.

Sure hope it doesnt end there and able to put the sensor units in for crew skill missions

• Dev Post
We asked Jason Attard (Senior Game Balance Designer) whether HK-51 would give players an additional Crew Skills deployment. He said that right now we plan on keeping the maximum deployed at 5. Regarding his bonuses, he'll have a small efficiency bonus to all Mission Skills and a small critical bonus to all Crafting Skills.

We asked Jason Attard (Senior Game Balance Designer) whether HK-51 would give players an additional Crew Skills deployment. He said that right now we plan on keeping the maximum deployed at 5. Regarding his bonuses, he'll have a small efficiency bonus to all Mission Skills and a small critical bonus to all Crafting Skills.

Thanks, that's all I wanted to know :)

Oh ok, that makes sense. Does better on ALL missions and crafting, but still caps at 5.

Sounds like he is replacing the ship droids.

Thanks for the response!

I would pay for a 10million credit legacy unlock that would allow him to kill the ship droid, great idea!

I would pay for a 10million credit legacy unlock that would allow him to kill the ship droid, great idea!

HK-51 [statement] "Previous encounters with meatbags had all but solidified my conclusion that droids would one day rule the galaxy. Having met your ship droid, I have decided that meatbags still have a fighting chance."

[Query] "May I please kill the ship droid master? It's insistance on fragrancing your ship has become quite the nuisance."

[statement] "Master. The ship's sabacc table is in need of spare parts. I recommend the ship droid's communication device as a suitable replacement."

Edited by fanuvstarwars

Hey, who doesn't love returning to their ship to find out their Hyperdrive has been cleaned and now opperates .00000324455% better. (numbers not quoted)

Do you really want the droid who thinks all organic life needs to be exterminated working on your Hyperdrive or ships weapon systems?

How's this for your next space battle: Laser aren't working, proton torpedos not launching and detonating in the tube, and the hyperdrive clucks out so you can't fly away! All the while the voice of HK-51 laughing over the intercome.

I'm still waiting for Scorpio to no longer have a use for me and stab me or crush my skull when I talk to her next. I can only emagine the fun HK would have.

Instead of having a permanent 'home' on your ship, how about he randomly jumps out from around corners wielding a vibroknife? That would be fun! Oh, let me just run up to the bridge real quick and shoot over to Ilum. (Break the door threshhold) Out pops HK swinging a blade. Good times!

BTW (BioWare) WHEN AM I GETTING MY HK-51!!!!! You've been teasing us with him for too long. :rak_02:

This sounds awesome :D

I have read that you will need a Republic and Empire character to get him.

I have NO care for playing any Republic good guys. So. essentially I am being forced to play hours and hours and hours of something I do not want to play at ALL in order to earn something. Wow....talk about ruining the fun of this game. As if doing dailies and FP's over and over and over and over again once you hit 50 wasn't boring enough....

Sounds like the people at Bioware enjoy being bored and making others be bored. Plus, running out of ideas to make the game FUN!!!

Instead of having a permanent 'home' on your ship, how about he randomly jumps out from around corners wielding a vibroknife? That would be fun! Oh, let me just run up to the bridge real quick and shoot over to Ilum. (Break the door threshhold) Out pops HK swinging a blade. Good times!

:)

HK-51 [statement] "Previous encounters with meatbags had all but solidified my conclusion that droids would one day rule the galaxy. Having met your ship droid, I have decided that meatbags still have a fighting chance."

[Query] "May I please kill the ship droid master? It's insistance on fragrancing your ship has become quite the nuisance."

[statement] "Master. The ship's sabacc table is in need of spare parts. I recommend the ship droid's communication device as a suitable replacement."

awesome, thank you for that :D made my day

So... what exactly is the point of HK-51? Every class already has a character that can fill every necessary role. Is HK-51 just fluff then or does he provide some actual in-game benefit? No one seems to want to answer this whenever I ask it. Yes, I do see the marginal bonus to "all" crafting. Is there anything else?

Just to head you off at the pass, I'm not hating. I'm asking. There is nothing cool about fluff that (nearly) everyone has. That's why I'm curious about some kind of substantial (as in, worth the effort) benefit for acquiring it.

Thanks.

well, i mean this thread is about his crew skills and i figured the OP was just asking how to utilize him. ..

MY BUST!

Oh, I thought you were saying I implied it was out. My bad. No, it's not out yet. (I still have a hard time referring to droids as having gender... despite how they look.)

I admit. I didn't even read the OP. I just read the response in the dev tracker and my old, unanswered question sprang back to mind. LOL