Gear Grind

Delani

As crazy as this sounds, the gear grind was too short. For future updates, increase the price of items via tech fragmnets or lower the drops from activities we do. In just 3 weeks, I was able to obtain 3 (6-piece set bnous sets) and alteast 7 tacticals.

As crazy as this sounds, the gear grind was too short. For future updates, increase the price of items via tech fragmnets or lower the drops from activities we do. In just 3 weeks, I was able to obtain 3 (6-piece set bnous sets) and alteast 7 tacticals.

Good for you. I'm nowhere near that, so you obviously don't speak for all of us (neither do I).

Most of the complaints about gear grind seem to come from PvP'ers who naturally want insta-max gear to win, or high end OP players would want to do things as easily as possible.

For most of the rest of use, the 268 gear you get by just doing Onslaught is good enough to do most PvE and we're perfectly happy to just gear up while playing the basic game.

The highest rating I have so far is only 282, but I've gotten so much gear that 3 or 4 other characters I've haven't yet been playing have 280 gear.

There was the same sort of "gear grind" complaining after the last expansion. People were complaining about getting 258 gear, while most people did fine with only 242/246, and were quite happy with 252.

A solution might be to go back to having PvP-only and/or NiM-only gear that's easier to get, but can't be used in normal PvE or unranked PvP. But I doubt BW would make such an effort these days just benefit a few.

Edited by JediQuaker

This game needs more content, not more grinding. You want more grinding because you equate grinding with increased happiness via dopamine rush. The more you grind, the more dopamine spikes you get. You're an addict. Many others do not get the same dopamine spike, like addicts, from grinding.

If you love grinding so much then grind to Renown 999. Alot of people here think this is a wonderful accomplishment and contribution to mankind, even though it is a mindless repetitive grind that requires no skill whatsoever other than stuffing your face with Totino's Pizza Rolls and Mountain Dew for 15 hours a day.

In those same 3 weeks I got 9 characters to 306 gear and 5 of them have full 6-piece set bonuses and I got over 20 tacticals. I was also on holiday for 4 days where I didn't play. In a few more weeks I'll have all of them in set bonus gear with the tacticals I want and with the december changes I'll get my augments sorted.

What I wonder about is what's the point now of progression into HM/NiM content and soon also SM content since BiS gear is so incredibly easy to get. It's been a fun ride so far but just like you I'm starting to wonder what's next...after 3 weeks. I was kinda hoping that 306 was the new baseline gear like 230 was in 5.0 but when I found out it's BiS, this new gearing seems a bit short-lived.

Are you kidding? Do you ever wonder - like ever - what's the point? Now that there are only a handful of NIM raiders left, it is ABSOLUTELY UNNECESSARY to grind for gear. And even for them, there is only one new hm raid to complete with this expansion. Oh, but wait, we have ranked pvp, yes? Each expansion and 'major update', ranked pvpers are expected to grind for gear to continue ranked pvping.

No new content other than one hm raid that needs gearing and everything else is the same ****, colored green.

So, please, please, please ask yourself.

What's the point?

To grind for gear to grind for gear to grind for gear to grind...

Are you kidding? Do you ever wonder - like ever - what's the point? Now that there are only a handful of NIM raiders left, it is ABSOLUTELY UNNECESSARY to grind for gear. And even for them, there is only one new hm raid to complete with this expansion. Oh, but wait, we have ranked pvp, yes? Each expansion and 'major update', ranked pvpers are expected to grind for gear to continue ranked pvping.

No new content other than one hm raid that needs gearing and everything else is the same ****, colored green.

So, please, please, please ask yourself.

What's the point?

To grind for gear to grind for gear to grind for gear to grind...

Well he is right with the gear grind being way to fast, the problem u describe is the gearing for pvp. Thats 2 different things. Another thing to gearing is that like 99% of the content is scaled which makes gearing next to useless or at least not satisfying

Well he is right with the gear grind being way to fast, the problem u describe is the gearing for pvp. Thats 2 different things. Another thing to gearing is that like 99% of the content is scaled which makes gearing next to useless or at least not satisfying
That's exactly what I am saying. It is needless anyway. Why make it harder? I don't know for how many years most of what has remained of this community has been playing this game now, but I have played for too long to go for yet another mindless and endless grind of old content myself. I no possible way, am I going for an endless grind because, "Hey, it's new expansion now, woot! So go level up, and get new gear from scratch. You know, so that you can continue to enjoy the old content you have been enjoying before!!!"

And no it is not only about pvp. All this gear mess with 6.0. and what did they add as content to match that? Content that actually requires gearing... 1 hm ops and nothing else.

As I said, if you are a new player or haven't played everything in the game yet, or haven't played them enough yet... Sure, go grind.

But the rest of us, don't drag us into it again, asking for harder grind.

Edited by fatsi

That's exactly what I am saying. It is needless anyway. Why make it harder? I don't know for how many years most of what has remained of this community has been playing this game now, but I have played for too long to go for yet another mindless and endless grind of old content myself. I no possible way, am I going for an endless grind because, "Hey, it's new expansion now, woot! So go level up, and get new gear from scratch. You know, so that you can continue to enjoy the old content you have been enjoying before!!!"

Hmm Yes and No, tbh if u are too fast with gearing it really takes away some interest in the game, at least for me.

I played my SW and he has 306 Gear with like at least close to bis gear/mods/amps and i got that in like half a week after reaching 75, the moment i reached that point with 306 6/6 set and tactical i was sort of demotivated to do anything more on that char. And i wasnt even no lifing it either.

And the next chars will be even faster cause i got like 1000's of 306 gear pieces and mods in the bank just from gearing one.

I returned to the game last month after a 3 year break. The last thing, the VERY last thing, I want to do is spend 3 months grinding for gear for my 8 characters. The thing that broke me is grinding on 8 toons every day...every freaking day the same grind. Well, that and I was a little pissed that they deleted my companions.

I am very happy they included a way to grind gear quickly. And, let's face it, you can grind gear as slow as you want...but it is nice for those that want to do other things, or play multiple characters to have a way to gear relatively quickly (i.e. stealth fp runs).

Face it man, the only reason someone would want to make gearing a multiple month long grind is to feel superior to those 'stupid casuals'. You don't want to play on an equal footing, you don't want others to be able to succeed without the massive effort you want to put in, you have no way to feel superior to others in game unless there is some way to hold most others back ( 'those not willing to put in the effort' ....because they just want to play and have fun doing whatever they want)

This game needs more content, not more grinding. You want more grinding because you equate grinding with increased happiness via dopamine rush. The more you grind, the more dopamine spikes you get. You're an addict. Many others do not get the same dopamine spike, like addicts, from grinding.

If you love grinding so much then grind to Renown 999. Alot of people here think this is a wonderful accomplishment and contribution to mankind, even though it is a mindless repetitive grind that requires no skill whatsoever other than stuffing your face with Totino's Pizza Rolls and Mountain Dew for 15 hours a day.

On one hand you are correct the game content is being added very slow and instead we are being offered grind ways to gear up by doing the same content we did 8 years ago. People run Hammer station and Red Reaper to be full 306 in 1 day instead of doing it on new content. I remember when I tried WoW when Legion came out, all the action took place in the vast new areas so yes, I know what you mean.

However, on the other hand, people are fine with it, as there are still things they want to do in the game and they arent able to. For example PVPers like to PVP, they dont mind the grind, they are mostly the ones who are top gear first. Then you have raiders who want to try new ops so they want to be top gear fast to try new ops. The rest is fine with gearing slow way cause they are doing what they like (which i cant imagine what is :) ).

What we have right now is no grind. You can make it one, but you are no were near required to do Red Reaper and Hammer Station for days to get your first character to 306. If you think that's the only way to gear right now, you are wrong. Period.

Get three guildmates, list for random master flashpoints and you'll be done in four evenings of playing. The repeatable daily reward for the random FP is quite nice and nearly doubles your gear payout. It's even faster if you have already higher geared people with you, since the (useless) set piece that can drop at the end, will randomly take one persons values, which makes you able to acquire 306 gear while you are 270.

Back when PvP armor was a thing the grind was real and an absolute ***** show, since you were nothing but dead weight until you did a couple dozen rounds to get max expertise. Gear Upgrades being dropped randomly by level-ups, or just being available at Operations, leaving FPs for nothing but leveling purpose and decorations, forcing you to do story operation nonsense until you had a set bonus and somewhat proper stats again. That is a grind, a needlessly tedious one.

The current system is nowhere near perfect since the incentive to play HC and Nim content fades when you get everything blown at you, but its far better than most other games gear progression.

Edited by RadioFM

I am pretty sure you didn't even started grinding for amplifiers. Maybe because you don't care about those.

Please stop asking for harder grinds. If you grinded through all your characters, feel free to make a new one to grind.

I have had enough of grinding for next to nothing for over 4 years. Won't grind more than 1 toon for near to no new content even with this gear grind.