Laggy Players need to be addressed at some point

DAMossimo

I'm seeing more players lagging out during matches. They teleport here and there, they are unhittable, and they don't seem to be doing anything constructive even for their own team.

Maybe there should be a maximum ping limit in effect so these people cannot queue in and waste everyone's time?

I know it's harsh, but it makes a mess of the battlefield and is very distracting to have a lagging mirage ship appear and disappear constantly.

Edited by DAMossimo

I agree it's a total pain, but excluding people is a bit harsh.

Agreed - it is, but what else could be done?

I worry too that it won't be long before unscrupulous players will start exploiting lag to enable god-mode when they get attacked.

Agreed - it is, but what else could be done?

I worry too that it won't be long before unscrupulous players will start exploiting lag to enable god-mode when they get attacked.

Classic lag switching. Not much you can do about it, beyond record your matches.

blame netflix and rural communities having crappy in-consistent unstable internet.

Server has some lag, but a lot of what you are seeing are crappy rural wireless cable connections.

Lastly, take into account many nationalists play on American servers with ping times over 250, see Oceanic forums from last year.

If that is confusing let me help you. Time from point A to point B increases with distance.

(EDIT) BW might want to address the fact that this game is NOT playable unless you have a CONSISTENT REALTIME connection and i will emphasize consistent. The trickle down effect to everyone else is horrible. BW should state that before you download the game that if your internet is below 3mbs and NOT a landline connection (excluding DSL cause we all know it sucks) that the game WILL lag, you WILL have stuttering, and you WILL see degraded if not impossible game play.

The only option is to change ISP and get a connection with more upstream as the downstream from BW is very stable atm, but like i said the UPSTREAM sucks atm.

Edited by Ifolad

Laggy players should just be delt with by allowing their ship to be hit in any of it's myriad of locations. It is fair and prevents the whole mirage thing from being abused if it is actually a proper handicap.

That's an idea - doesn't it work like that in regular warzone? lag and die?

The problem in GS, it appears people become unhittable.

Well the game was billed as a regular mmo not battlefield. Now they spend over a year working on something new and you think they should limit it. Unfair much?

Well, if your machine/internet isn't up to standard then, yes.

Hey, don't yell at me. I didn't code this thing.

If BW add a new game mode to a current mmo they need to make sure its playable by those current players. If not they shouldnt spend a year on in and should have made it a totally separate game and left their few devs to work on the mmo.

If BW add a new game mode to a current mmo they need to make sure its playable by those current players. If not they shouldnt spend a year on in and should have made it a totally separate game and left their few devs to work on the mmo.

Problem is a lot of those current players include people who can't or won't upgrade their rigs; even though they're getting 10-20 fps in warzones. Even a console can do 30 fps.

Edited by Brimmer