Empire needs a REAL Emperor.

Magnusheart

I wouldn't tell them anything.

1, Tell the people of Zakuul (Zakuulians?) whatever they want to hear especially the war is over and they can go back to their normal life and be happy again.

2, Tell Scorpio the Republic and Sith / Empire would return for a number of reasons and you are willing to declare Iokath and Scorpio as your Protectorate as long as Iokath rebuilds the fleet maybe even adding and upgrading (Doing so provides Iokaths solidarity indefinitely).

3, Tell the Republic (They'll probably be first with questions and offers) first off Zakuul and Iokath are Sovereign territory and not part of nor under the rule of *Anybody. You will not create conflict and remain Semi Available but distanced is preferred (leave me alone).

4, Tell the Empire They do not possess anything on Zakuul and Iokath is Off Limits. You may remain communicative but relations is not desired. Tell the Sith your seat at the council was lost long ago and you have no intention of ever seeking another. Their Emperor is *Gone, you destroyed him and now you possess everything he had.

5, Tell the Alliance members you have stopped all fighting and have no desire to ever start any more but will remain there forever, if they wish to stay..fine, if not, they are free to move on back to their homes and families; Thus starts the Reign of XXXXXX The Sith Inquisitor

6, After all that's past send Talos and everything he wants back to Rishi in search of that "Long Life" artifact then on to researching the ritual(s) Tenebrae/ Vitiate/ Valkorian used.

You're not in a position to tell anyone, anything at the current point in the game. You have no fleet. You have a clustered together group of people that have no reason to continue being in your Alliance now that the Eternal Throne is defeated. You may have influence equal to three or even twelve star systems, but this makes you a small fish at the Galactic Conflict level. You may be useful to one side or the other to do special ops for them, but you are no longer a side of your own.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Skytrooper factories are likely under the control of the Alliance for now, unless the ones located in Zakuul are the ones you meant. Star Fortresses were destroyed and any remaining are likely under the control of the Alliance, unless another Exarch attempted to built yet another one. As for Shipyards, we don't know if the planet has it... it would be interesting to see a shipyard in Zakuul but it is never mentioned so it's likely the planet doesn't have a shipyard. Again perhaps the Eternal Empire did, which the Alliance conquered but with Zakuul becoming independent it's likely they won't be able to make use of their former colonies or other planets they might have.

Any Zakuul installation seemed to have the capabilities of building Skytroopers, so I would assume they have more scattered across the planet.

Theron said there were hundreds of Star fortresses, we destroyed six, the shroud got one .... what happened to the other 93? :eek: (assuming there are a hundred)

The codex entry for the EE ship with all the gold on ... had a reference to Arcann spending the wealth stored their on additional ships for the Eternal Fleet. ( I think) So I got the impression maybe those big dreadnoughts he and Vaylin used were built elsewhere. They don't share the same interior design as the rest of the fleet nor do they have a Gemini Unit on them.

You're not in a position to tell anyone, anything at the current point in the game. You have no fleet. You have a clustered together group of people that have no reason to continue being in your Alliance now that the Eternal Throne is defeated. You may have influence equal to three or even twelve star systems, but this makes you a small fish at the Galactic Conflict level. You may be useful to one side or the other to do special ops for them, but you are no longer a side of your own.

Hahahaha :)

They'll probably kill off both Malcom and Acina in the future, so that the end result will be the same for everyone with Vowrawn as the new Emperor and iirc Malcom's seat is empty if you sided with the Empire on Iokath, they'll probably then find someone to replace him too.

Well at least i'll not be responsible for Malcom's death and him treating Theron like trash...

That probably won't happen as both Acina and Malcom have already had the choice on their deaths. their storyline has already been played out. there is nothing more in Acina or Malcom to use.

Actually, you only need to consolidate those elements if you use your Nathema choice as the defining one. After Iokath and Nathema you've got eight potential paths;

1. Empire Character, Sided Empire on Iokath, Reached out to Empire after Nathema.
  2. Empire Character, Sided Empire on Iokath, Reached out to Republic after Nathema.*
  3. Empire Character, Sided Republic on Iokath, Reached out to Republic after Nathema.
  4. Empire Character, Sided Republic on Iokath, Reached out to Empire after Nathema.*
  5. Republic Character, Sided Republic on Iokath, Reached out to Republic after Nathema.
  6. Republic Character, Sided Republic on Iokath, Reached out to Empire after Nathema.*
  7. Republic Character, Sided Empire on Iokath, Reached out to Empire after Nathema.
  8. Republic Character, Sided Empire on Iokath, Reached out to Republic after Nathema.*

The least resource intensive method of moving forward with the story would be to first throw out those with an asterisk after them. All those take to cut out are a couple lines of dialogue from Lana that your offer was rejected by the [Empire/Republic] after your actions on Iokath and the only viable way forward is to work with the [Republic/Empire].

This actually removes the need to consolidate because everyone who ends up on the Republic side will have chosen the path where Acina dies and Malcolm lives and everyone who ends up on the Empire side will have chosen the path where Malcolm dies and Acina lives.

The only thing that then needs to be acknowledged is whether you remained loyal to your original faction or switched factions. This can be accomplished via a quick dialogue tree during your first meetup with your new faction where your past is acknowledged, but your aid on Iokath has proved you're an ally they can rely on. Those who stayed loyal skip these lines and move right on down the dialogue path to the main story.

So two optional cutscene elements and you're back down to just two faction-based story lines. In the Republic storyline Malcolm might live or die... it doesn't matter to those who end up on the Empire path because they'll never see it. The Empire storyline can have Darth Acina alive and well throughout because those who chose the path where she died will all be playing the Republic storyline instead.

You only need to consolidate the events if you write it so that its the Nathama ending that matters (because then you could have a situation where you join the Empire side but Darth Acina is either alive or dead or the Republic side and Malcolm is either alive or dead) -OR- if you're only doing one storyline with slightly different cutscenes (ex. hunting down a third party who has attacked the [Empire/Republic] using only your Alliance resources).

While that would certainly be the least resource intensive plan, fan reaction likely makes that untenable and so we'll get an Empire path and Republic path going forward (though you could certainly share resources... ex. the Tython and Korriban flashpoints kept the maps and general mechanics and pallet-swapped the opponents... or just the shared planets of the past).

But taking it down from eight to just two paths shouldn't be too difficult... if I can do it via a selection of which choice matters and two dialogue short tree options, TPTB certainly can too.

ETA: The least intensive path forward is also probably to put the Alliance companions into 'silent mode' like your old crew basically was during Hutt Cartel and most of Shadow of Revan and focus on new faction specific NPCs for dialogue and interaction in the expansion.

I don't think we will see Acina or Malcom again, their kill choice was made on Iokath. Like almost every other character and now Theron, i doubt you will see any of them again in a future storyline.

two paths, a republic and empire path for 8 missions each, 16 in total. and for a development team that is far smaller than in preivous expacs, i'd say your hopes are optimistic. you could see mabye 3-4 mission per side if they worked flat out on it and pulling the resources to do two missions at a time, until the whole thing is completed. potentially taking a year or two at most.

i think the chances are to save time and costs, recycle the same storyline and use it down both sides, same objectives, the works and put down place with republic or empire and make them exactly the same as their opposite no matter the side chosen, change the characters but have the same voice actors who can do two different accents for each. it would save on so much money and need for a bigger dev team rather than two completely distinct storylines and 16 different places to go all individually filled correctly with a bunch of new voice actors. this is how i see it going.

I think this is exactly how it's going to go. Unless they are ambitious enough to do a dual story, they're probably going to want consistency with whomever is leading both factions. The Copero newscast (if you sided Empire) notes that there's an interim chancellor but there's a lot of confusion/controversy surrounding their position.

My characters all side Empire, and I like both Acina and Vowrawn, so I'd be fine with either.

If you sided with Faction A in Iokath and then went back to Faction B, it raises some interesting ideas for how Faction B will react to you. Like if Malcom was killed off on Iokath and then you go to the Republic, will you face some hostility for that choice?

Galena Rans takes over if Malcom is killed. but the chances are that character is likely to take over even if Acina was killed anyway.

Vowrawn Takes over as emperor if Acina is killed but like Rans, i expect Vowrawn to take over that position regardless of Acina's status.

the storyline can be normalised by having a corruption case brought against Madon for being Saresh's puppet and allowing himself to be her hands, in effect to extend her control over the republic illegally. Madon is forced to step down when Rans takes over.

Acina was challenged to her constant stance regarding her need to bow before superior forces, against all odds the weaker and older Vowrawn not only challenged Acina, but he defeated her in front of the dark council. Vowrawn takes over her position and immediately goes back to traditional ways and means once more.

All of it can be done off screen said in passing. We don't need Acina or Malcom to return at all.

Edited by Celise

Any Zakuul installation seemed to have the capabilities of building Skytroopers, so I would assume they have more scattered across the planet.

Ah I see. It's definitely a possibility some Zakuulan instalations still hold the capabilities of crafting Skytroopers.

Theron said there were hundreds of Star fortresses, we destroyed six, the shroud got one .... what happened to the other 93? :eek: (assuming there are a hundred)

Considering how they never get mentioned again I'd say it's a safe bet to say they were destroyed or nullified in some way.

The codex entry for the EE ship with all the gold on ... had a reference to Arcann spending the wealth stored their on additional ships for the Eternal Fleet. ( I think) So I got the impression maybe those big dreadnoughts he and Vaylin used were built elsewhere. They don't share the same interior design as the rest of the fleet nor do they have a Gemini Unit on them.

Yes, again I definitely think The Eternal Empire had shipyards as they must've built the rest of their Fleet somewhere. But we don't see any on Zakuul, so Zakuul is without a Shipyard for the moment. They're independente from the rest of their former territory so I doubt they would be able to use the facilities unless a trade agreement was made.

Galena Rans takes over if Malcom is killed. but the chances are that character is likely to take over even if Acina was killed anyway.

Vowrawn Takes over as emperor if Acina is killed but like Rans, i expect Vowrawn to take over that position regardless of Acina's status.

the storyline can be normalised by having a corruption case brought against Madon for being Saresh's puppet and allowing himself to be her hands, in effect to extend her control over the republic illegally. Madon is forced to step down when Rans takes over.

Acina was challenged to her constant stance regarding her need to bow before superior forces, against all odds the weaker and older Vowrawn not only challenged Acina, but he defeated her in front of the dark council. Vowrawn takes over her position and immediately goes back to traditional ways and means once more.

All of it can be done off screen said in passing. We don't need Acina or Malcom to return at all.

I think that there's going to be some dramatic "this changes everything" cut scene or beginning to the next installment, the way there was in KOTFE, that establishes the current situation. I do think that whoever was left standing at the end of Iokath (Malcom or Acina) is going to be taken out by some major event, and it's going to be what spurs the Alliance to jump back into the faction war. It could be a two minute scene of them being assassinated on the Holonet, but I do think we're going to see it, as we saw Marr go.

As for Vowrawn, IMHO he isn't a traditionalist. He's the only one willing to stand against the Council and question someone claiming to be the Emperor's Voice in the Sith Warrior story. If you side Republic on Iokath but are an Imperial character (I have not done this, but have seen the letter), he sends a letter wanting to let bygones be bygones, admitting the Empire made mistakes in the past, and seeming to want to continue Acina's progressive stance. I've no doubt he is as cutthroat as he needs to be when it comes down to it, but he also seems to be more of an Acina/Marr type than a Thanaton type.

Vowrawn isn't a thanaton type, the biggest difference between them is that Vowrawn didn't run away from a fight when Thanaton did, so when it came right to it Thanaton didn't have have the balls to stand up for what he believes in which makes him as a character worthless to compare with any other.

the thing with Vowrawn is that while as you said he is willing to admit mistakes, he is still a sith. A sith doesn't get anywhere playing jedi, while seeking knowledge and not ignorance. To some extent he would want to make sure the empire continues to stand strong on its own like it has always done, in that regard, whoever is strongest can rule and keep the empire strong. He could be more traditionalist than you may realise.

Vowrawn isn't a thanaton type, the biggest difference between them is that Vowrawn didn't run away from a fight when Thanaton did, so when it came right to it Thanaton didn't have have the balls to stand up for what he believes in which makes him as a character worthless to compare with any other.

the thing with Vowrawn is that while as you said he is willing to admit mistakes, he is still a sith. A sith doesn't get anywhere playing jedi, while seeking knowledge and not ignorance. To some extent he would want to make sure the empire continues to stand strong on its own like it has always done, in that regard, whoever is strongest can rule and keep the empire strong. He could be more traditionalist than you may realise.

Seeking knowledge is not strictly a Jedi thing. The dark council has or had at least two spheres dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge and lore. So I am not sure why you would think that is an issue here. Vowrawn has shown at numerous points that he is more progressive than traditionalist and his desire to follow Acina's lead continues that trend.

I think both the Empire and Republic want to be strong - that is a reasonable desire for any leader.

Seeking knowledge is not strictly a Jedi thing. The dark council has or had at least two spheres dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge and lore. So I am not sure why you would think that is an issue here. Vowrawn has shown at numerous points that he is more progressive than traditionalist and his desire to follow Acina's lead continues that trend.

I think both the Empire and Republic want to be strong - that is a reasonable desire for any leader.

you are reading too much into the wrong thing and not focusing on the whole picture on what a sith is.

you are reading too much into the wrong thing and not focusing on the whole picture on what a sith is.

No, I am focusing on the canon lore, functions of the Dark Council, established character history and fact that we are repeatedly shown that there are many ways to be Sith. You're welcome to disagree, of course.

Vowrawn is said to be passionate about hedonism, conquest and cutthroat Sith power plays. He's also been on the Dark Council for decades.That doesn't exactly scream "uniquely non traditionalist". He does seem like the best candidate for Emperor out of the options we have, though. He's friendly and cooperative enough that who could work with most Outlanders, yet still posses the ruthlessness that comes with being Sith.

I think Darth Jadus is certainly the strongest and most intimidating of the old Dark Council members. Under other cirumstances I'd say he'd be perfect for the role of Emperor. But he'd probably be too dark for most players who aren't DS or diehard imperial loyalists. They'd probably have to deal with splitting the Imperial Agent playerbase because many Agents turned against him, while others became his servant.

I do hope they have him come back and play a part in the story in the future. And not a lame "Hey I'm back, oops I'm dead" cameo like in Nathema Conspiracy. Maybe he'd be a background player in the shadows that Agents or other Outlanders could choose to support or not.

Edited by OldVengeance

Vowran was weak in the warrior story line so don't count on him lasting long as emperor. I almost feel like they backed themselves into a corner story wise because we were emperor or warlord on Zakuul now where do we go? That's why I'm almost thinking they have to basically do a reset. If they wouldn't of wrapped up the Zakuul story line the way they did, leaving us either the fleet or the gravestone it might have worked out with us being a 3rd faction. Now the alliance to me appears to be a weaker than both the empire and the republic. I haven't done the traitor storyline but I watched all the flashpoints .

i would like to see our faction search for Moff Pyron to add his fleet with the weapon the inquistor helped them build. That's about the only way i see us being on even footing with either of the other two.

That being said I don't want Jadus as emperor that shipped has sailed. They will need to come out with someone new imo.

Vowran was weak in the warrior story line so don't count on him lasting long as emperor. I almost feel like they backed themselves into a corner story wise because we were emperor or warlord on Zakuul now where do we go? That's why I'm almost thinking they have to basically do a reset. If they wouldn't of wrapped up the Zakuul story line the way they did, leaving us either the fleet or the gravestone it might have worked out with us being a 3rd faction. Now the alliance to me appears to be a weaker than both the empire and the republic. I haven't done the traitor storyline but I watched all the flashpoints .

i would like to see our faction search for Moff Pyron to add his fleet with the weapon the inquistor helped them build. That's about the only way i see us being on even footing with either of the other two.

That being said I don't want Jadus as emperor that shipped has sailed. They will need to come out with someone new imo.

Yeah I don't think Vowrawn is strong, however he's very smart when it comes to cutthroat politics of the Sith Empire so I think if anything he should last a few years based on only pitting his rivals against each other. Also The Alliance lost a lot of its forces but you're still a very powerful and influential warlord, some ships still patrol wild space in the name of the Alliance and you still maintain Odessen as your base.

Well here's the problem with The Silencers and Moff Pyron, the Inquisitor can possibly ask Moff Pyron to completely discontinue the project. During SOR we learn that The Silencers aren't that effective anymore, the Republic has adapted its tactics and the Silencer potency had to be strengthened which started to give too much radiation to the point where some of the Soldiers were having radiation sickness. As SI you can choose to continue the Silencer Project but not overdo it, completely abandon the project or keep upping the Silencer's potency at the expense of your own soldiers. The problem with bringing the Silencers back is:

1. They are not that effective anymore so unless a plot device would fix the radiation leak they would have to be used sparingly

2. It could possibly interfere with player's choices regarding the matter. I think this would be the more believable one to fix so perhaps if you continued the project Pyron references that but if you didn't he reference how after your disappearance he searched the aid of another Sith Lord who managed to give him the resources necessary for the project.

I wouldn't mind Darth Jadus returning truly, but I also agree that him being Emperor has sailed. If anything he would be the third party the Republic and Empire have to defeat.

Both factions could use characters/leaders you actually care about.

For a story centric game this has been an issue from launch as vanilla had killed off both the sith emperor & republic chancelor and crippled itself going forward.

And since then it's just been a shooting gallery. Pretty much every character that gets established they rub out the next expansion. Or better said story addition. Not even heavy carriers ala companions are safe, nvm faction leadership. Must be hard to get VO actors to come back or something lol...

So if you dislike the current regime fret not, they'll soon be dead and the next "who is this again" will be in charge.

Edited by aeterno