The Clone Wars SAVED!!

Seelvir

I dunno, I mean I do like those episodes, but I hate watching something like that where you know how it will end, no matter what goes on in the episodes. Anakin will still become Vader so why watch all this, when you know where its heading?

I dunno, I mean I do like those episodes, but I hate watching something like that where you know how it will end, no matter what goes on in the episodes. Anakin will still become Vader so why watch all this, when you know where its heading?

You've never watched a film or read a book more than once?

I will re-watch Clone Wars ANY DAY over the current Disney movies. Saw the announcement yesterday.

I started rewatching the Netflix episodes a while back even. Too bad they dont have all seasons..

Super happy this is getting finished, I have really enjoyed the series for years!

Edited by Kiesu

Cool your jets. It's only another 12 episodes.....

But I'm also VERY pleased to hear this. - Dave Filoni and his team have really taken Star Wars in a positive direction.

My youngest daughter and I are watching the Clone Wars and Rebels ATM and loving every minute. - I can't wait to tell her the news.

You've never watched a film or read a book more than once?

Book only once, but yes I did watch movies a few times, but when I was little, not anymore. Besides they dont make such good movies now like they made in the past that are worth watching again and again. As for the newest Star Wars movies I watched Episode VII once in the Cinema and then with dabing with my wife (2 times). The others I watched only once in cinema, well ok I watched Rouge 1 again once due to swtor patching issues back then.

The thing with the clone wars is that when the story was "far away" from Episode 3 events it was kinda OK, but then it started to get closer and closer and I just knew whats gonna happen so it was really stupid to watch the hopes of the characters in the story eventhough I knew how it would be.

Because despite us knowing where it is heading it's still interesting to see how it headed there, it's what I love about the EU AKA Legends the stories that happened between the movies can help immensely with the world building aspect of SW, while the 2D Clone Wars animation from 2003 got it's ending TCW didn't and they had more planned for it before it got cancelled. It's very nice to see that they're willing to listen to the fans and finish the series.

Wow. This is completely unexpected.

That scene towards the end of the clip with Ahsoka... she really has developed into one of my all-time favourite Star Wars characters. I am looking forward to see how that plays out and then I hope for a show about what the epilog of Rebels hinted at.

As before Disney, the side-stories interest me much more than the movies itself. The former EU. The Old Republic. Now the cartoons.

A cartoon show about the Old Republic with the visuals (and canon!) of this game... I would so drool over that. Until then, new TCW episodes will do. ;)

Except if you read the not so fine print.....

Now, you’ll have to get the new Disney streaming service to access these, so whether you’ve cut the cord or not, here’s yet another streaming service that wants your money

You all should know by now that Disney does not do anything with any IP it owns that it cannot easily monetize. ;)

Except if you read the not so fine print.....

You all should know by now that Disney does not do anything with any IP it owns that it cannot easily monetize. ;)

This was the fly in the milk for me - based on what I know atm, I refuse to grab this additional streaming service -- purely on principle since I'm died-in-the-wool Netflix. So as much as I love the Clone Wars, I very much doubt I'll see this for a while. I may just wait to buy the blu-rays/digital copies Disney will inevitably spin off.

But if this "service" actually turns out to be a legit service that has entire movie libraries, plus tv/sports, etc. and it's priced near the ~$10/mo range:rolleyes:, then maybe...

The thing with the clone wars is that when the story was "far away" from Episode 3 events it was kinda OK, but then it started to get closer and closer and I just knew whats gonna happen so it was really stupid to watch the hopes of the characters in the story eventhough I knew how it would be.

I guess you must not enjoy historical drama?

Not everyone has to love The Clone Wars, but lots of people do, and we're hella excited. We're excited because people who love Star Wars but who ALSO love character depth and well-crafted narrative arcs understand that The Clone Wars contains the best-told Star Wars stories that exist in canon. It's not always fair to compare the quality of storytelling in a TV series to the quality of storytelling in a movie, because TV lends itself to a greater depth of storytelling. Still, it's too bad George Lucas gifted Star Wars to Disney and not to Dave Filloni. Dave's the only guy who's managed to bring "human" stories to Star Wars in a canon video format.

If George Lucas didn't do it, then it didn't happen for me, it sounds like it is probably fan service, and maybe a way for "Disney Wars" to get better customer service again. If George had some writing in any of this, then maybe i'll check it out.

Definitely won't be giving more money for an only Disney service lol.

Edited by MandFlurry

If George Lucas didn't do it, then it didn't happen for me, it sounds like it is probably fan service, and maybe a way for "Disney Wars" to get better customer service again. If George had some writing in any of this, then maybe i'll check it out.

He did in the original series, even in the unfinished season 6 he had some input like changing Korriban's name to Moraband. Don't limit yourself only to George's works, while they're great they're not the only SW there is!

If you were to watch the first season of the Clone Wars, and still find cause not to like it, then I could disagree with you but still absolutely respect your opinion. A "head in the sand" approach though is hard to respect, to judge without knowing. /shrug You're missing out on compelling Star Wars storylines. Besides, SWTOR is not from George Lucas ... does it not exist to you as well?

I still havent had a chance to watch rebels because none of the good streaming services carry it.

I might have to drop hulu or netflix for this new disney thing if it lets me watch both. I loved the clone wars, didnt expect more episodes for it.