Bolstered pvp still in?

Sirolos

Any one know if they removed the bolstered stuff and put in tiered pvp brackets...or are we still gonna have lvl 10*bolstered* v 50?

I'm not ingame yet (no invite), but I certainly hope the bolster-system is still in place. One of the better things about PVP.

Why would it be a bad thing? Lowlevel players already know that they won't be "as strong" as a proper Level 50 player. Or are you afraid to lose to a few lowlevel characters who gang up against you?

i'm not ingame yet (no invite), but i certainly hope the bolster-system is still in place. One of the better things about pvp.

Why would it be a bad thing? Lowlevel players already know that they won't be "as strong" as a proper level 50 player. Or are you afraid to lose to a few lowlevel characters who gang up against you?

+1 +1 +1 fully agree one of the best things that happen to pvp

Are you kidding bolstering is what makes pvp all about skill and BEST Q's ever. There's always good and bad to one side vs the other but this will do more good.. takes adjustment but once you get adjusted trust me you will love the concept.

I dont mind the bolstered system...played it in beta and loved the numbers..

What i did mind was lvl 10 gets killed by lvl 32...then runs to the forums and cries...

Its why I said I will have to learn to deal...cause when the 20th launch comes...we will be flooded...and I didnt pay attention in school about how to build an arc :(

I'm not ingame yet (no invite), but I certainly hope the bolster-system is still in place. One of the better things about PVP.

Why would it be a bad thing? Lowlevel players already know that they won't be "as strong" as a proper Level 50 player. Or are you afraid to lose to a few lowlevel characters who gang up against you?

Pshh Im the best player ebar, as proof of my awesomeness I kept you from getting in today...I also didnt get in today but that was because im awesome

/snark

:p

Edited by Sirolos

+1 +1 +1 fully agree one of the best things that happen to pvp

Frankly, I expect to be doing alot more gaming in a Warzone, than I ever did in WoW Battlegrounds. WoW PVP was somewhat fun back in the "vanilla" days. Before the dark times. Before the Resilience came...

Okay, so I took some creative license on the last part there :)

The thing I like about TOR PVP is that as you say, it means there will be alot more skill involved, and no longer the 1-2 shot kills from WoW. While you are certainly capable of dishing out high amounts of damage in TOR (atleast according to the videos), one also has to remember, that players will have significantly higher health (compared to damage dealt).

Expertise (TOR equivalent of Resilience), will serve to reduce the damage received to your player, and INCREASE damage dealt by your character. Which means, if there are any lowlevel gear PVP vendors, any amount of extra Expertise would certainly help "bolster" a lowlevel player even better versus a level 50 with no Expertise gear at all.

- 1 on 1 should be somewhat challenging if both players are equal level/gear

- 1 on 1 should be somewhat dominating if 1 player is higher level

- A high level player, should see multiple bolstered lowlevel players as a possible threat

Frankly, I expect to be doing alot more gaming in a Warzone, than I ever did in WoW Battlegrounds. WoW PVP was somewhat fun back in the "vanilla" days. Before the dark times. Before the Resilience came...

Okay, so I took some creative license on the last part there :)

The thing I like about TOR PVP is that as you say, it means there will be alot more skill involved, and no longer the 1-2 shot kills from WoW. While you are certainly capable of dishing out high amounts of damage in TOR (atleast according to the videos), one also has to remember, that players will have significantly higher health (compared to damage dealt).

Expertise (TOR equivalent of Resilience), will serve to reduce the damage received to your player, and INCREASE damage dealt by your character. Which means, if there are any lowlevel gear PVP vendors, any amount of extra Expertise would certainly help "bolster" a lowlevel player even better versus a level 50 with no Expertise gear at all.

- 1 on 1 should be somewhat challenging if both players are equal level/gear

- 1 on 1 should be somewhat dominating if 1 player is higher level

- A high level player, should see multiple bolstered lowlevel players as a possible threat

The ending of beta when they added the gear vendors i didnt see any pieces for low lvl's with expertise.

+1 for the skill part..sadly

people arent going to understand that 5 letter word :(

The ending of beta when they added the gear vendors i didnt see any pieces for low lvl's with expertise.

+1 for the skill part..sadly

people arent going to understand that 5 letter word :(

Then it's up to us, to make them understand it :D

Skill used to matter in PVP. Let's hope TOR can keep the "Higher skilled player wins over Lower skilled player" for as long as possible. And keep "Gear inflation" to a minimum over time.

Edited by Meurik

Then it's up to us, to make them understand it :D

Skill used to matter in PVP. Let's hope TOR can keep the "Higher skilled player wins over Lower skilled player" for as long as possible. And keep "Gear inflation" to a minimum over time.

"Gear Inflation" to a minimum is PERFECT, just look at PvP focused games like Guild Wars, Global Agenda etc... they all have MINIMUM to just social upgrades (looks is what's upgraded) only and I can tell you it's 100% about skill and it's intensely fun/competitive!. I like to have my hp increase by only 10 rather than 100...it makes growth of the game gradual and not like a big bubble that's about to burst with nerfs and game balance due to issues that comes with massive item progression.

I simply refuse to do warzones (oops called them battlegrounds), they're BAD for open world PvP and on top of that the bolstering mechanic is a joke of an idea to anyone who considers themselves even half-serious PvPer.

stand against warzones, make the real world the warzone

I simply refuse to do warzones (oops called them battlegrounds), they're BAD for open world PvP and on top of that the bolstering mechanic is a joke of an idea to anyone who considers themselves even half-serious PvPer.

I disagree.

I enjoy the occasional PVP session, but not when it ends up being 10-15 people all ganging up on me. I prefer the smaller battles, where I can pick my own fights, and under my own terms.

I will also not roll a character on a PVP or RP-PVP server for exactly the above reasons. I've had plenty of experience trying to level new characters, on a new server, only to end up getting "ganked" by higher level players who enjoy tormenting the lower level players.

I can't even recall the amount of people (friends and acquaintances alike), who gave up playing a game, because of the problem of getting killed all the time (while trying to quest/level up).

Edited by Meurik

The only time something is bad for a specific aspects of a game is when its not fun to play it. Warzones that is currently implemented is fun, atleast to me it is.

I also enjoy Open world pvp, but when there are no controls in place, open world pvp is only fun to the group that is higher level or has more people.

Only when people have 5v4 or 10v11 thats fun, but when the scale is 2v6 or 1 v 5 then its only fun for one side.

But then, thats why there are guilds so revenge can be as sweet.