Artificing pretty pointless now.

Missywink

Have just dropped 400/400 artificing as it has become pretty pointless crew skill now. I spent alot of time and credits reverse engineering enhancements/colour crystals etc... to get the epic level ones only to find that players can purchase better enhancements from the vendor on Ilum for daily marks.

I also had the +33 crit recipe from the world boss on Belsavis. Sold 4 of those and made a load for guild mates. They sold quite well on GTN, however the ones that I have left over are now no longer selling. The reason...... people are farming Kaon for weapon drops and then taking the +41 crystals from them. I havent sold one crystal now in 2 weeks since the Kaon crystals came to light.

So I ask Bioware, why are the "Epic" crafted items lower than items you can buy for daily marks or from farming easy bosses in instances. Surely it should be the other way around that the craftable items are superior to ones that you can buy/farm.

Obviously raid items are a different matter, but hardmode instances and vendor items should be lower than craftable ones.

I have never seen a game where the crafted items were superior to items gained from raids or dungeon runs.

You can take the opposite stance and ask what would be the point of raiding or running dungeons if they can just buy crafted items?

I understand what you are saying, but it has always been a point of contention in almost every MMO I have played.

Why not let crafters create the same level of items instead of better items than drops/ commendation vendor items except for some very specific high end rare gear?

Crafting at end game is kind of pointless - agreed. I have stopped crafting at end game and in fact even at lower levels no longer try to sell as the GTN is overflowing with lower level items that people are selling for less than you could make by buying the mats.

You still have enhancements, and maybe you should sell lower level mods for people that can not run operations to get better gear.

Now do not misunderstand. They have serious issues with high level crafting for anything other than biochem.

Every skill is okay for levelling, but once you hit the cap or soon thereafter, everything except biochem loses a lot of value.

They are working on this. They have been working on this. It is an ongoing process.

They are trying to make crafting worthwhile, but also have to make these operations and high-level/hard mode flashpoints attractive, not to mention PvP.

The extreme lack of mid-level item modifications is a testament to people not understanding the market. I make a killing selling the level 31 rage enhancement. Over 300% profit over what I could sell the base materials for.

There are shortages and market niches out there for you to pursue.

But, when you get to level 50? Yes, you can't make a better hilt than what you can get from the daily commendations. Your enhancements are still valuable for non-raiders/operationists.

The extreme lack of mid-level item modifications is a testament to people not understanding the market. I make a killing selling the level 31 rage enhancement. Over 300% profit over what I could sell the base materials for.

But, when you get to level 50? Yes, you can't make a better hilt than what you can get from the daily commendations. Your enhancements are still valuable for non-raiders/operationists.

Good points. Focusing in the top level market when everyone else is there is a path to extremely thin margins or no sales at all.

Just adding my 2 cents. Crafting always goes in cycles. Just like class balance. What may be deemed "worthless or UP" today is now "FOTM OP" tomorrow.

Dropping something on a whim just because you want "The best right now" doesn't really lend any credence or sympathy to your argument.

I'd also like to point out that most crew skills have a "BiS" item they can create.

For Cybertechs it's the Earpieces, you can craft some of the best earpieces out there with an augment slot. For BioChem it's implants. For Armormech/Synthweaving they can craft the BiS Bracers/Belts with augment slots right now.

For Artifice, you can craft the BiS relics right now along with BiS lightsabers (w/ augment slot though this won't really become "true" until they allow locked modifications to be transferred or come up with better hilt designs.)

To sum up: Whatever profession you grabbed, stick with it because if you continue to hop around between professions you are going to lose a lot of time and money because RE'ing anything takes just that, time and money.

Yep, most of money made from cybertech is around the lvl 25-40 items.

I agree that crafting boe stuff should never be greater than raid item loot.

However I really feel each crafting crew skill should have some personal self only non-tradable super item.

I'm lvling artifice and know there isn't a max lvl perk ATM; I hope though in the future maybe at max lvl the artificer could construct maybe unique color crystals and/ or that have better stats than say the formentioned crystal from that boss. Maybe let master artificers make sabers with two crystal slots ( blend the colors yay purple sabers and the stats). Ect for other crew skills.

I think it is silly that a bioengineer puts out more dps (visable when meters are available) than any other crafter. Other crafters shouldn't have to purchase stims ect to keep up with that crew skill.

Game is still new I'm sure BW is plotting something;)

It would have been really easy for them to make some end game benefit to each crafting class.

Biochem - have their re-usable items.

Cyber - the grenades, but they are not that attractive but something.

Armormech - have an item they can make that grants a re-usable armor buff.

Armstech - have an item they can make that grants them a vent heat ability.

Artifice - have an item they can make that grants a damage boost or some dot'ing effect.

Balance them out or tweak them (just random ideas off the top of my head) but give the professions some ability that would make people desire to max out that skill for a personal benefit.

All professions that craft should be able to make a handful of BOP and BOE that are just as good as the current endgame gear. They should take a large amount of mats to offset the time you would have to spending raiding.

This not only makes the crafters happy, you create a more vibrant market because it makes materials in demand at all levels on all servers.

Bioware, please put this discussion into your weekly meetings to discuss. I have a few suggestions if you ever needed any.

D

Edited by Dalkore

There has to be a market for crafts or else they are useless. And the market dies without crafted goods.

HL crafted gear should only lose to HL events...

Not HL Daily commendations you can get from something as easy as "Impossible Sector"

Best gear - ops and any hard/long time/big team HL events.

2nd best gear - HL craft

3rd best gear - Solable/"way to easy" stuff

I'm sorry but its really hard for me to understand how this isnt unanimous.

It would have been really easy for them to make some end game benefit to each crafting class.

Biochem - have their re-usable items.

Cyber - the grenades, but they are not that attractive but something.

Armormech - have an item they can make that grants a re-usable armor buff.

Armstech - have an item they can make that grants them a vent heat ability.

Artifice - have an item they can make that grants a damage boost or some dot'ing effect.

Balance them out or tweak them (just random ideas off the top of my head) but give the professions some ability that would make people desire to max out that skill for a personal benefit.

Yuck. I don't begrudge your opinion but I strongly feel that crafting should not be tied to min/max raiding in any way. It turns crafting into a sort of character slot. IMO crafting should be solely for the economy.

All professions that craft should be able to make a handful of BOP and BOE that are just as good as the current endgame gear. They should take a large amount of mats to offset the time you would have to spending raiding.

This not only makes the crafters happy, you create a more vibrant market because it makes materials in demand at all levels on all servers.

Bioware, please put this discussion into your weekly meetings to discuss. I have a few suggestions if you ever needed any.

D

Agreed 100%. I'd go as far as to say that we need more than a handful. As you state so well, the mat requirements should be very high to equate to the time it would take to get equivalent gear raiding.

Of course the raiders will never go for it, but I don't much care what they think anyways.

Yuck. I don't begrudge your opinion but I strongly feel that crafting should not be tied to min/max raiding in any way. It turns crafting into a sort of character slot. IMO crafting should be solely for the economy.

It's ok, I don't expect everyone to agree with my opinion but I so not get where you feel this is tied to min/max raiding in any way.

If anything it is a way for people who do not raid to have some unique items they can use after earning it through crafting.

With the mod system in place, and most people wanting to control how they look. I have thought that if you raid you get a special schematic that allows you to craft BoP items of said raid boss. Instead of allowing you to make that item, it allows you to adjust it somehow by a high lvl crafter. Could make a special section in the GTN for people wanting to change an item and crafters check it and do it for a price, so even at end game still things we can do. any BoE items changed this way becomes a BoP, plus allows BoP item to be modified as the item never leaves there inventory. one other thing schould be any item ingame can be RE'd to an Orange, even raid gear by a crafter.

just something i was thinking about... could use those workbenches all over the place to allow a player with a BoP item to put something in it. a crafter works on it but doesnt take it. that player picks item backup afer paying you.

sorry if it doesnt flow right long day haha

Edited by Necodreus

Artifice is not pointless

http://imgur.com/a/NipuQ

HOW?!?!? How do you keep up with the materials? no matter how hard I try I can't get enough crystals and gems to keep up with production... is there some big secret i'm missing?

I've seen the ones that sell armor, hilts and barrels, but none that sell mods or enhancements.

The enhancements are awarded from the daily Heroic 2+ mission on Ilum and the mod is awarded from the Heroic 2+ Mission on Belsavis.

you can buy the gathering missions off the GNT usually. the Tier 6 ones are usually exceedingly expensive, all the rest people deemed "worthless" and can usually be gotten VERY cheap. Those will get you a ton of materials.

I dont sell color crystals. They do alright but the real money is the enhanceents. you can make a lot of enhancements that people need that they cant get via the daily quests.

you can also make the Tier 1 - 5 enhancements as well, which are hard to get as you level and sell VERY well, especially the blue quality ones. the Tier 3-5 sell the best because by then most people have a full set of orange gear that they upgrade as they level.

I just wish we could craft a more epic-ier lightsabers. Time will tell. Suposedly there are a multitude of artificer recipes in the works.